Supposing work is the highest virtue, and life is only about money, why aren't more people rich?

Supposing work is the highest virtue, and life is only about money, why aren't more people rich?

People are quite rich.

given these suppositions, we can draw the conclusion that the virtuous are few.
thank god your suppositions are crosseyed horseshit

Poetry's the highest virtue
I wish your mother never had you

Reading Proust is the highest virtue

Because richness is defined solely by contrast, and in order to have a relatively extraordinary amount of wealth it is necessary that most others do not have a similar amount for it to be extraordinary.

poverty is the highest virtue

We are. The computer you posted this idiotic thread on is of such absurd value you cannot even comprehend it.

We are all implausibly wealthy by the standards of a century ago. More people today live in absolute splendor than have ever before in the history of the human race.

Because within your system not every person would be virtuous.
I mean in reality devotion to God is the highest virtue and life is only about connecting with God yet there are billions of people who have spurned Him, it's just human nature to be flawed.

Why did God seperate us from him in the first place?

entertainment

Consider that the highest virtue is a matter of perception, and many higher virtues than money. To the richest man with nobody, a man with friends has it all. To the man in the streets the couple driving to their new home has it all.

Money has its foot in the world because currency is a must for the operation of what we consider society, but that doesn't mean that everybody looks at money as the end-all.

I would far rather sit here and ponder in my mind questions of existence then I would work 3 jobs to be 'ahead' with my finances.

cruel desu

We must imagine Sisyphus happy

life is will to power, nothing more

What about the death instinct?

kill yourself and tell me how it works out in life

No I mean

if "life is will to power" do you mean all we really do is strive for more life/power

where does death instinct / striving for death, oblivion fit in

Striving for death/oblivion is counter-intuitive and sought after by a minority of the minorities. You can't base any broad perception of humanity off of them.

that sounds like a cop out

everyone has the death instinct

I don't know, but there's a simple way to get a thread deleted.

How?

that's in the individual's hands and can be easily brought about by will to power

jewish meme made up by the guy who said everyone wants to fuck their mother and that dreaming about a tower means you're thinking about dicks

freud was a degenerate coke fiend

Existential nihilism is the ruling force in the universe. death and life mean nothing but you can not experience anything with death so life is the more desirable of the two.

Freud vs Jung who wins

The majority of their work doesn't conflict.

Neither, both memesters without substance.

I guess Jung is preferable since he's kind of cute and magical about it instead of a dirty pervert.

Not true - they had a pretty big falling out over Freud's sexual theory

>cute and magical

He was a major bullshitter

Sure but there's a bit more fantasy about his bullshit than 'go fuck ya mutha'

jung if you look at his original texts you can see where he pretty blatantly went out of the way to disprove freud

What if he was right

Don't worry, he wasn't.

The Jews.

thank

You're welcome, senpai.

to come full circle, there is so much more to life than making money. to live life with money as your main pursuit just seems worthless. if it's true then I guess i just don't see it everyday.

Because we buy useless shit

People who worship money are generally poorfags who have never attained a point where money is not a direct problem for them.

Because we live in a demand based economy, and people demand stupid things rather than good things.
So, people who work hard all their life and make amazingly important but uninteresting things will die impoverished, while people who put in very little work and make pointless but fun things will make far more money than they could use in 100 lifetimes.