Shelled or Unshelled?

How do you prepare your shrimp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TvsUGk-50Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=nf5SIQ3_hmw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sauteed in the shell.

I remove the shells but use them for fish stock later.

Also try gently pinching near the tail while pulling to get way more meat out than you could've though.

Totally depends on what dish I'm using them in. However, I mostly make dishes that keep their shells intact.

Shelled for deep-fried and pasta dishes

Shelled. But I'm tainted by "mexican bbq" charred shrimp shells is among the wosrt smell in the world for me.

*prawns

they're not shrimp. they're fookin prawns!

Kek

Cook with the shells on. That's where all the flavors are hiding. Remove them when you eat by sucking the shrimp out of it, along with dem juices.

but then what about the poop vein??

Like that, fry the shells to start the dish, eat the tail if it's fried or grilled crunchy enough.

So I got sober (apart from weed) a bit over a year ago and I started cooking for myself (had just been ordering carryout and eating frozen before). One of the first dishes I started making was shrimp with lemon butter and garlic and sometimes cream, with rice. I kind of got sick of it. What is something similar but different enough to be enjoyable?

>shrimp with lemon butter and garlic
>What is something similar but different enough to be enjoyable?
Chicken with lemon butter and garlic

Prawn sambal?

With shrimp though.

Sambal? Like what sort of paste? Not familiar with using that much. Preferably was looking more for a Western recipe, I guess I should have been specific.

You can make a quick sambal by just frying a bunch of shallots and chilli, garlic, ginger and lime. Water it down with coconut cream if you want some sauce.
Maybe prawn etouffee?

>lemon butter and garlic
>similar but different
>with shrimp (aka prawn)
lemon=citrus. so try other citrus like pineapple, orange, lime, grapefruit, etc.
garlic=root. so try other roots like ginger, turmeric, etc.

i'm not chef but that's how my mathematical mind works.
i'm thinking curried prawns (turmeric) with ginger and lime.
again, i'm no chef and probably shouldn't offer advice but i'm bumping and monitoring.

I just eat them with shell is this wierd?

Chillis, jalapenos, garlic, olive oil

Marinade for 8 hours in a zip-bag

The sauce after cooking them comes out amazing

(You)

With shell, they cook and taste better like that.
Just a minor annoyance to remove shell after.

Shrimp are a shit-teir meme food. The texture is stringy and rubbery and I don't understand why people have such a huge stiffy for them.

Also most shrimp you get are harvested by literal slaves kidnapped by people in Thailand.

They have absolutely no cleanliness or health standards at shrimp farms and, they're known to inject shrimp with silicone to make them look bigger.

Lmaoooo this movie came out like 10 years ago

I too enjoy nuggers with ‘chup!

i really enjoy them shelled
my favorite thing is to fry them with coconut milk, garlic, bell peppers and purple onions.

Unshelled but de-veined.

yees mam
youtube.com/watch?v=TvsUGk-50Lo

I usually prepare them this way.

>Throw down shrimp.
>Run screaming at wall.
>Burst through wall.
>Repeatedly shot by terrified police.

this guy knows how to cook

youtube.com/watch?v=nf5SIQ3_hmw

>People who throw away the tails
>Even when they're fried/roasted and pretty much the same taste and texture as the rest

It's like people who can't eat the brown part of fucking white bread.
I could never understand why, unless they had literally autism, because past the age of 4 there is no way you could rationally think "This part of my food has the same taste, consistency, and nutritional value as the rest. But its color is one shade off from the rest, so it must be thrown away"

Depends on the dish obviously.
But they're a lot better with everything left inside. Sucking out their brains and rectums is fucking delicious and I will die eating them whole.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?!

>still posting this shit

how many times do you have to fucking post these threads? you're not amusing anyone here with your fucking sea roach cravings. you're fucking worse than the dog eating trolls

shut this fucking thread down

>same texture as the rest
No it’s not, I would compare it to eating onion without peeling the skin off.

this

thats why I don't eat these nasty things. these fucking morons eat whatever the media tells them to.

Pineapple sounds good! I will try that! Would it break down the texture of the shrimp to marinade them in raw pineapple though?

Dunno what's up with the dude hating on shrimp. If I were on death row my last request would include shrimp. I eat it like candy. I'll just post up on the couch with a movie and shove a whole cocktail ring down. The only downfall to shrimp is the price

What do you eat then?

pork

Look at it...

fuck off

Why the hell does he talk like that?

>Bang's
I always thought it was Barq's (Barks)

its literally the accent. all his countryman talk like that in english.

Rubbery is a sure sign of overcooked shrimp.

The shrimp I buy come from the Gulf coast.

>Would it break down the texture of the shrimp to marinade them in raw pineapple though?
I don't know but here's a bump from page 8.

Vinegar could be good too.

Does anyone eat the shell, if they find them in their soup?

What are opinions on whole shrimp with the heads on? They sell them I'm a few varieties at my grocery store. I tried just sauteeing then, but wasn't too impressed. Any tips?

Cilantro-lime shrimp, bu/ck/aroo. Plastic bag, shrimp peeled and de-veined in the bag with olive oil, juice AND zest of two limes, a pinch each of salt, pepper, and sugar, and a bunch of fresh-chopped cilantro. Grill 'em, sautee 'em, whatever. Have them on tacos with a mango salsa, or with rice and beans. Easy as fuck, fairly cheap, delicious as hell. You'll love them.

Unshelled

Fry up sausage and shrimp
Use shells to make reduced stock
Add tomato, celery, onion, green pepper
Plate over rice