Taco meat

Lets talk taco meat Veeky Forums

Teach me the ways of delicious taco meat.

>buy the cheapest beef at the mexican supermarket
>do not remove fat trimmings, that's easily 30+% of your end product
>marinate overnight to taste
>cook on flattop grill with lots of cooking oil
>serve on 2 small tortillas fried in the same oil
>sell for $2.50 per taco to white people

buy cheap tube of ground beef
throw it in a pan and brown
drain
stir in about 1/2 a cup of water and a packet of this per pound

If you are not using Chi-Chi restaurante you are making a mistake

Great fresh meat
Ok
Just add salt
Grill over select real wood charcoal
Now prepare lemons, radish, cucumbers, onions, cilantro, 3 or 4 fresh salsas dont forget to slightly brown fresh corn tortillas

Cornmeal

Onions + McCormicks taco seasoning + msg

is the way I'm going. It has cornmeal and shit in it.

Yep

Pork is good usually

Another kinda pork dish

A damned good taco would be similar to this

To disagree would mean someone has no idea what a good taco is about

Chicharones are disgusting spic tier meat.

T. Spic.

Seriously, don't fall for the chicharones meme

shut up chicano

Shut up

t.Equa2rian

Tortillas and corn tortillas are what is most prefered by southern mexicans although the flour tortilla used up north can be meh because taco stands like inexpensive material to work with
White folks will like flour as the are used to cheap shit like the lame american bread found just about anywhere in north america
Corn tortillas will be nutritious whenever made fresh aside from tasty

Go to Mexican market
Buy every bag of dried chiles you can find (Cascabel, Guajillo, Morita, Poblano, etc.)
Grind one of each in a coffee grinder with coarse seas salt, cumin, oregano, onion & garlic powder.
Toss in with 80/20 ground beef and saute until slightly crusty. (DO NOT DRAIN)
Toss on a warmed tortilla with cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato and ENJOY!

Some homemade venison tacos a few years back

Holy shit the consume was so damned good its still likely the best thing ive ever tasted

Huge mistake

Need not say more

>t.Flyover Gringo

shut up ecuatorian

Fresh tortillas this fresh
Thats what you want before calling it good or not

Tortillas yeah
These are the meal baby
The meats, the sauces everything is just to spice and flavor the tortillas

Here again

Please note the corn was cooked usually the night before and the corn ground just moments before serving
Nutrients abound in this setting
And some nitwits will say whatever about flour desu they can keep it
On occasion ill have flour tortillas when traveling still i rather keep it at out of my system its junk food

Lime is a great additive

Try it

Some places have lemon but lime is preffered
Carnitas are best for lemon and most commonly seen together

WRONG. Argentinian.

A taco is just not that "A Taco" without salsa
It is just lacking
Plain and simple

Bat guano?

Asadero

Extra large taco shop

These stuff is what is where its at
No getting around it

tripas a best

Some like'em tender other like them crunchy
I just like them as soon as they come ... unless they are rubbery

Too much guac, but other than that looks good as fuck. I like that grill set up too.

>Corona

Real Juicy Taco
Its all I see

I fucked up, I think that's Modelo. I was blinded by the beef

My wife is a spic and she cooks authentic tacos for me almost weekly. Makes fresh tortillas almost daily. Mmmmm. Whole wheat and corn flour mix. God I love her.

I'm dumb, why do you add water after you drain the ground beef? Wouldn't that just dilute the flavor?

How do you buy/cook carne asada I see at mexican places?

>drain
You're fuckin' up.

why

So why do you call her a spic?

I don't think I've ever had a Taco in my life and I think I'll keep it that way honestly.

Thats what i want to eat...
A fuckton of guacamole to moisten the dry unseasoned and overcooked meat...then enough cilantro to kill the bacteria introduced by the filthy spic overhandling the tortilla

What is that?

Fat=Flavor

>NO DON'T WASTE THAT FAT SLURP SLURP

I usually drain some because I usually use 80/20 or 75/25 lean/fat ground beef and there's so much fat that it gets messy but draining and washing all the fat seems silly in regard to preserving flavor

Fat is good for you.....

yes all fat is good for you well done

If you make lots of this stuff, you may want to try using the fat for fries

holy fucking yum

>he doesn't trim all of the fat from and then boil his meat
Fucking americans I swear.
>b-b-but muh flavour!
fat fucks

I sear my meat before finishing it in the oven.
Pleb.

This entire series of post is just absurd

Getting to talk about trimming the fat from ground up beef / seems imposible, now if it were something like a steak or side of beef
Talking about searing the meat before finishing it when talking again about ground up beef
To be talking about fat as flavor another wild story
Im sorry but the terms and ideas are found in use on this board when actually talking about something that makes sense
All this from all these post just dont add up to anything worth anything
Stay with hamburger helper and call it good guys unless your ready for cup o noodles

and god damn is it good

I’m half Mexican and this thread is hilarious.

That still makes you half asshole, like the rest of us.

yes

Maga aka make america great again aka Land of sanctuary cities for fearful angry cowardly white protestants

Over here white boy the wall is up and its "safe" inside
Look here is how you land fish in a barrel
Sure dumbest fish imaginable but fish is fish

go to carneceria and buy carne picada and pan fry it with diced onions. Add cilantro fresh onion and salsa verde on a totrilla and bang.

thats a modelo

>Argentinian.
go kys paco

mah niggas

This, I live in Texas and have always seen/eaten corn tortillas. I didn't know flour ones were really even a thing until I met someone from New Jersey who insisted on them, bizarre.

This.
Add a bit of cornmeal to your seasoning mix. Stir it thoroughly into the meat. Cook a little and add a little bit of water.

Flour tortillas can be god tier if they are homemade, and using a good recipe. All of the commercial stuff I find on supermarkets is worthless compared to what I can get at a small tortilleria in the north of mexico. Usually just adding small portionts of milk and butter makes them taste great, also, the lack of preservatives helps.

Corn tortillas are ok but they can't compare to flour tortillas when prepared correctly

i hate this useless showoff so much

all this useless touching and cutting to get a dry overfilled shitty white version of a taco.

Coño de la madre ecuador

80\20 hamburger or a mix of ribeye and chuck and this shit tomatoes onions

> implying that's an improvement

Lol they call themselves that, it rubs off

>all this useless touching and cutting to get a dry overfilled shitty white version of a taco

So you like your tacos on the skimpy side
Nah man you can keep those tacos to yourself
I need mine loaded with guacamole and hit with lime sometimes salt

typical mexican trash

term of endearment my friend

One of my collage professors married a Mexican and he told us that he calls his kids beanerschnitzels
so that was pretty funny

I just get a tube of 85% lean chuck and eyeball a pinch of sea salt, season salt, oregano, cilantro, chipotle powder and cayenne. It's not rocket science, as long as you get the salt right and the flavor profile to taste mostly chipotle and oregano, its great.

ground beef and McCormick taco seasoning packet
boston butt, rub with seasonings, braise in dutch oven for many hours to make carnitas
flank steak, marinated, over hot coals until a bit charred but tender insides
also
cow
tongue

>lemons, radish, cucumbers
you are the person that image is deriding

It has to be cheap
Tacos are supposed to be cheap food and treating them as if they were anything else is wrong
Just grill it, cut it with a cleaver and serve
If you want to to it the right way then use charcoal (real charcoal, not those sissy-looking briquettes you americans use) and marinate your meat before grilling
>t. mexican
>Ground beef
ishiggydiggy

At the rate that restaurants that are replacing ground beef for ground turkey as taco meat, you might become better off learning to make good tacos yourself.

>live in texas as a toddler
>mom brings young siblings and I to grocery store to get stuff
>nice mexican lady making fresh tortillas gives us one to munch on as we shop
Life was simple as a little one.

al pastor is GOAT no contest the best meat to put in your mouth

I've been making carne asada because I live in a BFE whitetrash shithole in the US and we don't have delicious taco trucks or hole in the walls that make them authentically.

Marinate flank or skirt steak in lime juice, orange juice, garlic, cilantro for 4 hours. Grill over very hot charcoal or in a very hot cast iron pan. Chop and serve on fresh made corn tortillas with sauce of choice, onions, fresh peppers, radishes, whatever. As it cooks it smells exactly like a street vendor that makes you salivate.