Justify/make an argument for this at $8/jar

Justify/make an argument for this at $8/jar.

Keep in mind, you're not being asked how easy/cheap it is to make marinara at home. You're not being asked if you think it's worth $8/jar.

You ARE being asked to justify buying this brand of marinara for $8. Your arguing in support of it NOT arguing against it. The argument against it isn't interesting and has been done to death (e.g. "it's so much cheaper/better to make it at home!")

Eh my internal price control says more than 4-5 dollars is too much for sauce that isn't from the farmer's market. I try to get the cheapest jar that uses whole tomatoes and doesn't add cheap ingredients or weird stuff I don't want. That often puts me in the capable hands of Mezetta but I've been trying to make sauce on my own more and more often, especially in the summer. Need to buy a food mill to strain the seeds. Anyone have a rec?

There is no argument for it. Shit thread.

Tastes good and i can expense it

>it's convenient
there's an argument for it. you have shit for brains

it has dead mob members in it
t. walked by this place daily and saw body bags out front sometimes

$8 isn't really that much money.

It barely takes more time to make a marinara sauce than it does to heat up a jar of it. It's not a fucking bolognese. It's not stew. It's sauteed onions and garlic, tomatoes, salt, and basil, maybe some chili flakes.

i actually want to make my own spaghetti sauce. how do i do it?

Don't buy that shit. If you must buy one, buy pic attached.

Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce, Roasted Garlic

it's an hour of minimum wage work in my state after taxes

Use canne tomatoes. They're better anyway

1 can crushed san maranzano tomatoes
some tomato paste (optional)
onions
garlic
basil
red wine

Heat up and sweat minced garlic and diced onions in a pot until nice and cooked (you'll know). Add in the can of san maranzano and heat to just below boil, use this time and temp and crush the tomatoes against the side of the pot to blend in more, at this point you \add your tomato paste (this part depends on how thick/thin you want your sauce as the paste gives it more thickness) then add a glug of red wine some chopped basil leaves, lower temp down to low and let simmer for an hour or so. Really easy shit.

Forgot to say you swear the onions and garlic in olive oil of course.

Ragu is even more convenient because it costs an eighth what this overpriced bullshit does.

Everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it

I make a lot of different sauces. It's just easier to buy a $2 jar of sauce and use it as a base. No need to pay more.

That particular brand? Sure I'll give it my best shot.

1. It's available at every Duane Reade even in food deserts

2. It's better than say, Prego or whatever the Duane Reade house brand is

But the question was not "argue against it" the question was, argue for it. You are not playing by the rules, user-kun.

$2 sauces have weird shit in them.

There is 0 reason to buy a jar of sauce like that
6/10 for making me reply to your shit tier b8

There are reasons to almost anything though. You are clearly autistic, and I mean that in the most technical sense, because you are having a great deal of trouble making sense of the fact that different people have different circumstances, values, and motivations.

It's made by the Kryptonian sun god, you fool. $8 is a steal.

minimum wage isn't a lot of money

it tastes better than prego and it's convenient

But here's your problem OP, why are you buying them when they're full price? There's plenty of good jars of tomato sauce and there's always one brand on sale, just pick whichever decent brand is on sale, also since you're rotating you learn which brands are actually decent and which just mark up their price, though taking a look at the ingredient list helps too.

>not buying teeter brand
only reason you'd buy expensive pasta sauce is b/c you're a brainlet. might as well make your own sauce for that cost.

It tastes the best out of the brands at my supermarket and I have the money for it and would rather spend money on it than go through the hassle of making sauce from scratch.

Simple: theres as idiot willing to pay 8 bucks for it.

>barely takes more time
But it takes more time. You said it yourself. Gameover.

>You're not being asked if you think it's worth $8/jar.

OP isn't asking for recommendations.

Who said OP is buying it? Did you read the OP? You should do that before replying.

OP isn't asking for recommendations.

The reading comprehension of the average Veeky Forums poster is abysmal.

No one cares about the autistic rules OP stated. Fag.

If we can't be autistic here, where can we be autistic?

In your grave.

The only reason why someone would pay $8 a jar for this is because they're too lazy to make their own red sauce and they feel like the more they spend the better the quality of the product.

Then again I always cook from scratch, so I have never bought pasta sauce in a jar. Always struck me as too lazy a thing to spend money on. If I'm feeling that lazy I'll just go out to eat.

Any industrial/processed food with the world "homemade" on the label is automatic kill.

Terrible reading comprehension. What's your highest level of education?

wow, aren’t you special

'no'

I always imagine a factory made to look like a giant suburban two story home.