Post books you got memed into reading

Post books you got memed into reading.

Blood Memedian

Ulyshit

Pedoita

But it's really good, so I'll shill for it 24/7 once I'm done reading

Blood Meridian. It sucked.

I've read a lot of books due to their meme status, but I've actually enjoyed everything Veeky Forums has got me to read. Fuck you Veeky Forums, be lower quality.

Catch 22

The Second Sex by Simon de Beuvior.

this

all of them

>didn't start with the Greeks

Richard Yates by Tao Lin.

It's really my fault for mistaking a "ironically popular because it's actually shit" meme for a "popular to hate because it's actually good" meme. Lesson learned.

holy shit learn to spell you dumbass

Infinite Jest

My verdict: pretty fuckin good, could have done without the shit about 90's computers and cringey dialect monologues, though.

holy samefagging

reading it right now. some chapters are excellent and entertaning, some other, in compensation, are very boring and seems like they're there for no purpose at all, so I have to power through them...and its not like joyce, that seems like a non-sense babble but is actually great, its just...boring

dfw said himself, "a kind of not-so-good joycean tumble"

I'm on page 320 and I agree. Some parts are excellent (like Erdedy waiting for the weed) while others are kind of a drag. I dont mind going through the less interesting parts though, for some reason. I guess I hope they're necessary to appreciate the novel as a whole?

Some of it is beyond me, but I really don't think all of it does mix cohesively. There are parts worth remembering and not but I don't doubt DFW had a vision with even the boring parts.

That said, it really picked up for me around 400.

I am , on page 398, so my hopes has just gone a bit up hehe but I must say I am enjoying it overall

nice, good to hear. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

>tfw no Mario brother

Anything by Corm(h)ack McCarthy

It necessitates a second and perhaps third reading. It's set up in such a way that important details which are glossed over amid the chaos become very pointed upon second look.