Justify putting raw onions in anything to me

Justify putting raw onions in anything to me.

I can't possibly fathom how one would willingly consume raw onions in any form. Caramelized and grilled, I can see. In deep fried rings, yes. But raw onions are the most disgusting things in existence and I can't understand why we as a species have been consuming them for this long.

I do not comprehend such a disgusting truth. The taste is unholy. There's a certain burning sensation in the taste that sends a wave of disgust and revulsion through my very core.

Justify the existence of raw onions in anything. You cannot use pico de gallo. And yes, red onions count as raw onions.

they taste good
they're high in T

They're okay on burgers, though caramelized is 100 times better

what is it like to be a tastelet?
onions are god-tier vegetable

BecauseI fucking want to, faggot. That's all the justification needed.

I prefer raw onions of all verities to grilled, caramelized, and deep fried. I think they lose the flavor as soon as they are cooked. I'm unsure why some people hate raw onions so much.

Op is right I've never had raw onions in a dish without thinking they over power the other ingredients. The only good onion is a cooked onion

Onions are best raw. Crisp texture, full oniony taste. Only soyboys dislike raw onion.

You know there are different types of onions that are better or worse for eating raw right?

I didn't know onions hid the taste of dick so well

Tastes good, man.

> pork shoulder roasted until crispy
> sambal oelek
> lots and lots of raw onion, sliced thin
> rice

They're god tier in burgers and on salads. Nice crunchy texture, good amount of juice and they add a nice bite to the flavour.

Just like wine and coffee, it's just a way for fags to try and fit in.

Raw onions go great with beans, also on a fucking sandwhich, a salad. you have to stop being a bitch.

If you haven't had a good frankfurter with chili, shredded cheddar and raw onions I don't know what to tell you.

how to make a raw onion sandwich?

pretty simple

onion belongs on tacos

put bread
condiments
meat
vegetables
cheese
RAW ONION sliced thin normally but some places slice it a fucking half inch thick
put top bread
wa la

You have to cut them properly for them to be good raw. Sliced/minced as thin/small as possible lets you taste the sweetness and onion flavor without the overwhelming burn. It's the thick slices and huge chunks of onion that become overwhelming and don't taste very good. I think there's supposed to be some kind of chemical reaction that takes place which gives onions their "bite" so when you slice or mince them, you force that to already take place so they seem milder. But if you bite into a thick slice or big chunk, that reaction takes place in your mouth and you get the full hit of it.

Fucking burgers, tacos, hot dogs and hoagies.

holy shit I did not expect to get an actual answer but that makes sense. Wow. I'll probably try to cut onions thinly next time and try some the next time I eat. That also explains why I like onion strings but big onion chunks repulse me.

I love raw red onions. Raw white onions are too much tho.

No problem, I figured that out when I got a little lazy making a dish one time and used the same amount of onion but didn't mince it as small and it was kind of overwhelming.

Came here to post this

Want me to go heat up your sippy cup, babby boy? It'll match your childish palate.

Good with kabob desu

Hi, Chef Conant!

you seriously needed someone to explain to you that larger amounts of a vegetable with a strong flavor are going to be more offensive than smaller amounts of that same vegetable?

just wait til you figure out that people that like marmite don't eat giant gobs of it at one time either!

Haha, one day you'll grow up.

Necessary with all Pakistani bbq desu

My mom would chop up and serve big huge chunks of onion to me in dishes (Also the local burger joints just served huge chunks of onion in burgers) and forced me to eat it (And acted like I was a huge weirdo for not liking it) so I kind of thought up until now that people ate huge chunks of raw onion instead of chopping them thinly.

Also I'm not australian.

Sandwhiches
Burgers
Hot dogs
Tacos
Chili

When I was a kid I couldn't stand onion in any form. Then I stopped caring but didn't actively seek them out. Then finally a few months ago I was constantly craving them and always wanted to eat anything with onions on it. I've come to the point where I love them both raw and cooked. Even larger chunks.

do people actually cook red onions?

fpbp
/thread

muh chunks, muh thinnly sliced

That's not what I said though. I said that two equal amounts of onion, one amount being a single thick slice and the other amount being the same amount of onion but sliced thinly, the thinly sliced onion will be less harsh to eat. Even if it's the same amount. It's because when you break the cell walls of an onion it starts a chemical reaction to make it taste harsh and give it a burning sensation, if this happens in your mouth it can be overwhelming which is the case of thickly sliced onion, but if you slice it thinly you force that reaction to take place before it gets to your mouth so it seems more mild.

just eat the onion

Soyboy can't handle his onions.

raw onions and chilli sauce are great with lamb shish.
fuck are you talking about?

No shit
Really
Did you say
"HEAT"
From onions
Fucking onions
Im not able to really believe this
Do white people really find onions "spicy" in a chile sort of sense
Is it a ginger sort of heat
Is it a wasabi sort of heat
This is new to me
W.T.F.

Burning not heat
Still fucking NVTS

op didn't say heat

Was so besides myself
How idk

i'm not sure why you are, it's pretty common knowledge that chopping onions can make your eyes tear and burn. if you eat too much raw onion at once it can give you a burn similar to raw ginger. it depends on the onion though, sometimes onions can be mild enough where it won't really happen and other times i've had onions where they almost immediately start making my eyes water when i'm cutting them.

gurugamesh

Today is that day folks
Onions are kinda badass
Nah just fooling kek

FUCK YOU! He is the guitar player in my Christian Death cover band.

minced white onion with cilantro and lime to garnish tacos
chopped white onion in pico de Gallo
red onion slices on bagel and lox
a nice big slice of red onion on a cheeseburger

OP is a fag

indians

I salivate at just the sight of the OP picture.

Rye bread with pickled herring and a few slices of raw onion.
One of the most delicious things in the world.

checked

Delicious.

uh sweetie you don't need to eat icky food let alone stinky onions when you can just drink soylent

Stop being a child

Raw onion is bad but not that bad. I like to chew on raw onion strips if they're being fried for something. They're harsh and peppery, but juicy and refreshing. It tells you how good the quality of the onion is too better than if you cook them. If you're overcooking them you are missing out.

No, don't eat the whole bulb as if it was an apple, MORON, just eat strips or diced pieces.

what condiments

they are delicious

pussy

Mayo, ketchup, mustard and relish

this is a genuine and unironic rhetorical question: how old are you?

as you get older more and more taste buds die off, you won't get that heat or revulsion from eating them. some people it happens earlier than others

>Justify putting raw onions in anything to me.
I don't have to justify shit. If you can't handle raw onions on a salad, in a sandwich, or even on their own with the proper treatment, then it's your loss for having an underdeveloped palate. Do yourself a favor and experiment a bit, get used to tastes you think you can't tolerate and soon a whole new adult world will open its culinary gates for you to enjoy.

Having them on a burger or sausage is awesome. Why you hating op

take a piece of bread, butter it up, put some finely cut onions on it, a piece of good ham, some cheddar, mustard and some crispy fried onions, the perfect sandwich

Cheese and onion sandwich is ace you fucking clown

>all onions are the same
nawh man. some types of onions are more astringent tasting than others, and red onions are among the least potentially offensive. you are welcome to your opinions, but you are not welcome to parading them as fact.

my bro has loved onions as long as he's been eating solid food, pretty interesting imo

Start buying sweet onions then.
Hard white onions are not for amateurs and are an acquired taste.

Start with carmelized onions and work your way down.

Raw onions are a top tier topping for chili dogs. Crunchy and sharp flavor

A big crosssection of raw onion on a pastrami sandwich with mustard and pickle is the bomb

>doesn't know what salsa is
>doesn't know what pico de gallo is
>doesn't know what a burger is
>doesn't know what a salad is
Faggot

salsa

At least try to bleach them in hot water if you're not used to the smell or acidity

I once had to eat an entire raw onion during frat pledgeship.

>eating bleach

OP is, as ever, a fag.
Why come to a food board if you hate food?

Oh fuck, I meant blanch. I hope OP is not dead

Next you're gonna say beer tastes too bitter.

on the boiger

>chopping a red onion for a recipe
>pick up big slices and just eat it raw

my local korean place serves their spicy bulgogi on raw onion on a iron plate when you ear it its mostly semicooked sprinkled with some well cooked carmalized ones with the spice on them and the variation it comes out well.

>Justify putting raw onions in anything to me.

Done.

I love raw onions. I always add them to my hot dogs

Why choose when you can have both

As a kid, I remember having rye bread fried in butter with fried eggs. This is a local comfort food that is eaten with raw onions.

I also remember my father eating raw onions like one would eat apples.