How do you get faster at reading?

How do you get faster at reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

spritzinc.com/
journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1529100615623267
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you tried caring less about if you understand what you're reading?

well then what's the point?

>actually reading books

Hum a constant tone until you stop subvocalizing

Spritz

it's over powered as fuck. borderline cheating.

Wait until Harold Bloom dies and consume his soul and wear his flesh as a bodysuit.

push ups
sit ups
and plenty of juice

By reading more. And it comes with trade-offs.

Don't focus on speed; focus on endurance.

Speedreading has very immediate and obvious disadvantages (lower comprehension), and assuming those disadvantages can ever be fixed, it takes a shitton of time and skill to fully git gud at it.

Building endurance is fine in the short run and fine in the long run, *and* it'll probably improve your reading speed in the process.

I don't want to speed read I just want to get from 182 wpm to like 250 or something

You should eventually learn to "see" words instead of reading them.
You probably already do, but then you unnecessarily add/speak the words in your head.
Stop speaking the words.

Waaaait a minute.
>There should be an app where you can read an an entire book like this, pausing per page. And be able to determine speed.

>spritzinc.com/
>Just read the 700 wpm demo.
>Could understand it almost completely/+80%.
That sure boosted my self-esteem

AHHAHAHA!
This deserves a Nobel prize

is there a version for epubs

Unironically have patience and work on your attention. Make sure there's nothing else (like music or scratching) to subconsciously distract you from it and that you're properly getting what you're reading. Reread a sentence if you need to. The better you read, the lighter and more fulfilling reading will be.

Always worth posting:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1529100615623267

The last paragraphs before the conclusion are the important bits: git gud at language, git gud at reading (i.e. varied texts with different vocabularies and sentence structures), and git gud at context.

Underrated post.

Read more. Any other answer is retarded

I don't care too much about comprehension. I just want to read books fast to tell my friends I've read them.

Its difficult to explain but you essentially have to assuage the level at which you're actually narrating the text in your mind and instead just catch glimpses of the words while maintaining a steady speed. If you actually speak the words in your head it will go slower. Takes some major willpower though but I went from 250 wpm to about 310 by doing this without damaging my comprehension.

i can read up to 600 wpm easily but 700 is too hard.

Its usefull but kills the rhyme of the lecture if you are reading literature, for scientific text will be perfect.