Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6sD3UwVctjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cheese
tortiller
heet
best diller

2scary4me

lots of oil in a pan. it will make the tortilla crispy, like a chip. season with salt at the end to make it even chippier.

1 tortilla => 1 quesadilla.
2 tortillas => 2 quesadillas. do not make one giant quesadilla. the fillings fall out when u flip.

fucking fliplets i swere

youtube.com/watch?v=6sD3UwVctjU

>How to make good quesadilla
>(Americans only)
Junk food
Keep it

get it greasy as fuck and load it with calories

>see fellow Chilango people? Even the gringos agree that the quesadillas should always include cheese as an ingredient.
Fierro.

Vegemite and cheese

You sure you're American?

Pan
Butter
Tortilla
Real cheddar

Butter into the hot pan. Tastes better than oil. Then put the tortilla in. Add the cheddar. Maybe some pepper or chilli if you want. I don't think it's traditional but it's good. Tortilla in top. Medium heat or so. Maybe medium low for 5 minutes or until it's golden and a bit crisp on the bottom. Flip it. Add more butter if you need to. Few minutes again. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.

Strawberry Jam

microwave

>get tortilla
>get cheese
>put cheese in tortilla
>toast it in skillet
>eat

I really think they taste better without oil or butter in the pan. No clean up after either

Stop please. Just stop. You don't put real cheddar on a fucking quesadilla.
My best friend is a mexican that I have known since grade school and go to vacation in mexico every year.
You do not put cheddar ona qusadilla you put Oaxaca cheese from a good mexican market.

Put some pico de gallo on top and sour cream, also spread some guac there

Shredded monterrey Jack
Stir in a bowl with mayo, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, pepper and a little sugar.

Found the Mexican.

This minus the mayo

>(Americans only)
don't worry, only you fat fuckers eat that shit

sorry I don't eat wall food

The quesadilla was made in Mexico, so in order to have good quesadillas you MUST drop the fucking cheddar cheese and use oaxaca cheese. Easiest way to do them is heating the tortilla (whether flour or corn) in a comal, then add strings of the cheese, close it and leave it there until the cheese melts without any oil or butter. If you want to try other flavors add to the cheese some chorizo, epazote, huitlacoche or guacamole and add some salsas. There's a variation of the dish called sincronizadas which consists of adding a layer of ham with the cheese and, optionally, all the ingredients mentioned above plus beans. Another variation of the dish is deep frying instead of laying them in the comal.

>(Americans only)
Add butter or oil, sprinkle some salt and microwave instead. Goes well with eggs and bacon.

Do you get that as Americans we have access to non shit cheap ass ingredients so that's why we're not using flavorless white cheese? Go eat some lengua de vaca and stop shitting up a thread that specifically asked for American style quesadillas.

>flavorless white cheese
It's literally a buttery salty cheese, that's the reason why you don't add any of those in the quesadilla already you retard.

It's like trying to use cheddar cheese on a pizza as a base instead of mozzarella, it doesn't work.

Amerifats think we care we don’t eat their disgust blob mess. I’m glad trump is destroying your wasteland.

Key is fresh tortillas:

2 cups masa harina
1 1/4 cup water
Pinch of salt

Mix ingredients into dough. Separate into small balls. Flatten them with tortilla press or a heavy pan if you’re white. Pan nice and hot. Cook on each side until they start to brown a bit.

Get out of here you fat, smelly mexican.

Hey retard this is an AMERICAN thread and here we use cheddar. FUCK OFF.

Cali spic here.

Get two-three different types of cheeses (shredded) and add just a little bit of tomatoes. You can put pico de gallo in it if you want but I put it on top when it's finished. Mix them together, and put it in your tortilla.

Fill the pan with butter or oil and cook it like you would a grilled cheese.

Add salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

Oh, and I like to put some garlic powder on the quesadilla right when I take it off the pan and it's still buttery. Not necessary, but adds a little more flavor.

>AMERICAN WAY OF MAKING FOOD IS OBJECTIVELY THE BEST!!

Fresh tortillas
Butter or lard in cast iron skillet
Brown one side of each tortilla
Cheddar, queso fresco, cumin, chili pepper on one browned side
Put other browned side on top
Brown both sides
Lard or butter are the most important things to make it mexican

Imagine being this buttblasted

American yellow "sharp cheddar" is not real cheddar. Real cheddar is an off-white colour and certainly not flavourless.

fuck I wish I was cool like you

enjoy your sea roach

b-but mexican food is a staple in the usa

You can get white cheddar at several big name supermarkets in the US. It's generally referred to as extra sharp.

>hard taco shells

Why do these exist?

>Flour tortilla
>Butter one side (season if you want but otherwise use unsalted)
>Slice mozzarella and pepperjack jack cheese
>Fry onions, jalapenos, and sausage together
>Dice tomatoes, white onions, mango, cilantro, and mix together with lime juice
>Place buttered tortilla on warm pan butter side down (don't start with it searing hot or you'll burn it)
>Place cheese onto tortilla
>Place cover over pan
>Wait until cheese melts (drop some water drops into the pan and cover if it takes a while)
>Once melted, remove cover and place your grilled mixture
>Fold
>Press lightly and continue heating in pan until toasted on both sides, if it isn't already
>Serve with salsa on top / on side

wa la

>assuming im a spic only because I can recognize mexican quesadillas taste better than US ones
how's the dunning-kruger treating you? must feel good to know you're always right no matter what, better than tasting your own food I bet

Someone’s never had a top-tier Cheddar pizza.

The colour doesn't make cheese "sharp". Orange cheese like double gloucester or red leicester (which American cheese is more like than cheddar) just has colouring added to it. Also in England, cheddar's never called "sharp cheddar"; they call it "mature cheddar".

I used shredded chicken, jalapenos, and colby cheese. oil the pan, throw down tortilla, add jalapenos, cheese, chicken, sprinkle taco seasoning, put another tortilla on top, cook for a few minute, flip, cook for a few minutes until tortilla goldens

Mozzarella is a young cheese with lots of moisture that goes perfectly well when baking the pizza, cheddar on the other hand is an aged cheese with the purpose of having a stronger bite and texture. If anything, you should compliment the pizza with cheddar but avoid using it as your main cheese as it will make small bubbles when boiling, henceforth trapping the oil underneath instead of raising the moisture to the surface. When that happens with a high moisture cheese like mozzarella, it exposes it to the oven's heat and leaves the cheese to brown. A low moisture cheese will burn instead.

Put some Mozzarella and some Parmesan in the tortilla season it with some pepper and add a few tomatoes or any other shit that seems to match the taste, heat it up in a skillet and you are done. This is one of the easiest recipe anyone can make, don't see the problem. [spoiler] Also I'm not american fuck your rules.[/spoiler]

>American style
>cheddar
Fucking retard

Getting all fancy I see

Trip dubs speaks truth.
How about not putting a whole brick of cheese in there.

>Add salsa, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
For me this mess just doesnt add up but what do I know
With creamy guac why cream o.0
If adding salsas again why cream
If pico then why guacamole
Strange stuff too me
Sounds like great stuff only bad idea

First I fry some cut up chicken breast in olive oil, various spices, lime juice, and some Frank's red hot.

Then I get a tortilla put shredded cheese, muh chicken, more cheese. Spray each side with Pam. Put of a griddle or a frying pan with a lid. Medium high heat. Watch it intently and keep flipping. Burns easy. I usually make two at a time. Cut each in half and serve with sour cream.

>Americans only
Why would you exclude Mexicans, who could give you a more authentic recipe?

Authentic doesn't necessarily mean better but it's probably just a shitposting thread

Because he's 15 years old.

>oh no my tortilla with melted cheese is inauthentic

Large flour tortillas. 1 tortilla per quesadilla. ABSOLUTELY NO CHEDDAR. Oaxacan, chihuahua, provolone, monterey jack, or pepper jack. Add a sauce like tabasco, chipotle mayo, or queso dip. Meats/vegetables optional. Fry in a pan or on a griddle, use butter, until moderately browned on each side, minimal flipping. Dip in salsa or sour cream.

I do this for real. I fill uno tortilla with shredded taco blend cheese, roll it up, microwave until melted so like 35 seconds or less. Then I dip it in salsa as I eat it.

as an american I don't even really like these.

>american
>doesn't like fat and carbohydrates
Stop LARPing

How is it LARPing if he’s pretending to be an American on the internet? You know what LARP is right?

>Cheddar
>American
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No mexican microwave their quesadilla

>non shit ingredients
>American "cheese"
You fat fucks always make me laugh with you're outrages claims

>thinking a good quesadilla stops only at the tortilla and cheese
Please don't tell me all Americans are that retarded? Even people here in the EU know how to do a good quesadilla.

Live-action roleplaying. Pretending to be someone on the internet is reasonably included, albeit a bit awkward of an attribution.

That's an outdated definition. The current Veeky Forums definition of LARP is "doing a thing"

You're an idiot.

>buttery salty cheese
Try some butterkase and then try to describe Oaxaca cheese again. I like Mexican cheese for a lot of stuff, but is a fucking sperg who doesn't know shit about how we do quesadillas up here. Cheddars can be great. So can jack.

Mexican'ts can't quesadilla half as good as us.

>one floppy wheat disk
>a good shmeer of mushed beans
>sprinkle of tear dice
>handful of shredded rooster
>couple spice disks
>handful of orange mold
>junks of red water orb (seedless)
>fry and flip

>soggy meat gets placed in shell
>bottom of shell becomes wet and breaks open
Gets irritating when it happens half the time, whether prepared by my mom or fast food worker.

I think it was supposed to be funny. However, my Mexican friends have all laughed at me when I told them I toast the tortillas in a pan. They all just throw that shit in the microwave. Not sure if this is because they're cooklets or I come across as a pretentious dork for trying to make something complicated out of an inconsequential snack 5 year olds make.

it was a shitpost, but i actually like it sometimes b/c steamed tortillas have a nice texture.

A little too spicy for me.

I got scheduled often at the Mexican station at my college dining hall. While other campus locations with a Mexican station placed all the ingredients in the tortilla prior to using the press, my location used a grill which generally meant the cheese and hot ingredients would get placed on the tortilla to be grilled with the cold ingredients added afterwords. Most students went with the flow, but a few ordered differently including adding the spinach beforehand to mix in nicely with the cheese rather than placing it later on top.
If you're the type of person to incorporate greens into your quesadilla, then spinach is the tried and true option to go with.

Would that just be a grilled cheese then?

OP specifically asked for American only.

This guy knows.

>make regular cheese sandwich
>sit on it

la creatura...

this is the authentic american quesadilla OP
/thread

Grate mild cheddar into tortilla, fold then fry up in a little oil. Top with salsa, frank's and sour cream.

Dumb butthurt spics