Free will

I'm convinced there is no rational argument for the existence of free will. Free will would require the existence of something metaphysical first which hasn't been demonstrated.
prove me wrong Veeky Forums

ok

'Convinced'? How is that possible?
What compels (you) to put up the words (you) do is anybody's necessarily fated guess.

fatalists are manchildren who are afraid of responsibility: note the weeb picture

If Willy was free then how could there be movie? Checkmate descartes

it's called determinism

>free will
>demonstrated
Those are incompatible. Go read some Kant.

Absolutely

I thought Kant demonstrated the possibility of metaphysics over two centuries ago. Am I not remembering this correctly?

I don't understand why determinists would be so rude to those that believe free will exists. Wouldn't they have no choice other than believing in free will? Are they hoping their rudeness will be a deterministic change in their view?

really glad the free will meme is dead

me too, that meme was ridiculous enough while it lasted
same with marriage

>implying libertarianism and hard determinism aren't both wrong
>implying determinism isn't necessary for free will

I never saw the movie, so have always misread the title as = Liberate Willy.

I'm convinced there is no rational argument for the existence of determinism. Determinism would require the existence of something metaphysical first which hasn't been demonstrated.

I don't remember this because fucking Socrates already did it

>rational argument
why would (you) assume that a lawyerly style of argumentation possesses in itself the wherewithal either to prove or to disprove what may in the end prove a kind of talent, like musical ability? Or in other words, why must the possession of a certain use of mental determination be a general possession or not exist at all?
That at any rate is what (you) presume by BELIEVING that 'rationality' is the key to getting to the bottom of such dubious matters.

here's a situation proposed by another user:
say i put a big nigger cock in front of you. i know you'll suck it, but nobody's forcing you to. checkmate fatalist.

Our brains are biologically hardwired, everything we do is influenced by inherited processes.

Free will is a joke.

Your brain is a joke.

most that I've actually met are quite nice
which is a lot more infuriating to me, they're wrong so they're supposed to be mean

Butthurt much, faggot?

The smaller, the better? Yet Quantum is off limits?

free will and determinism are two language-games we use to talk about time.

This is pretty much it, but both camps also pretend that the other camp is pretending. Of course, the camp that doesn't believe in free will shouldn't care about it, but it's not really their choice.

anime avatarfags are p-zombies

They are a meme. No human does it, it is just the Internet doing its thing.

>free will
>dualism
>anthropomorphic theism

>toy
You live like you had a choice or you don't live at all.

>I'm convinced there is no rational argument for the existence of free will.
Life is fundamentally irrational so that's fine.