The Great British Bake Off (Baking Show)

What do you think about this show?

I'm sure it'd be OK if you were a 60 year old woman, to me it's boring as fuck. Like the other British shows where they talk about buying little houses in the countryside. Enough to send me to sleep.

It's not my cup of tea, but it's quintessential current British TV so it trends incredibly well with the public.

>inoffensive and twee for the older audience, think scones and bunting
>bland enough for middle aged watercooler conversations the day after
>juxtaposed with a zany host so students can relate and meme about it whilst not realising they're getting hyped up for a predtermined cookery contest

Maybe I'm being cynical, I dunno

Paul Hollywood started my old man fetish

I like it because it is comfy to put on and do laundry or something else. It is a show to have on while I play games or something.

made me realize I'm weirdly attracted to unattainable women
I found sue perkins completely unremarkable until I found out she's a carpet muncher and suddenly all I wanted to do was smash that

Has some qt contestants

It's pretty boring imo.

I like it alot

I like it

I think it's comfy. I usually don't like competition shows but this one doesn't pile on the drama and the contestants are all likeable. They make some pretty neat things every episode too.

There's a follow-up on Netflix called "Master Class" or something similar, it's Paul and Mary showing how to properly bake the foods from the competition. Good tips there for beginning/intermediate bakers.

Paul Hollywood is our guy

Not enough explosions for you I take it

People like you are the reason american nature documentaries are full of dramatic voice overs and fast cuts.

the hosts drive me fucking crazy, but i like the rest of it alright

they also ruined top gear

i wanna stick my dick inside candice brown like my boy hollywood did

>tfw no mary berry

Hollywood looks like he should be making bad youtube R&B videos for Tosh.0.

you think mary ever harassed him?

I bet she regularly berated the shit out of him to try and bully him into beating up that post-menopausal grandma pussy

look at this face, she wanted that Holly Wood
filthy slag

nice to fall asleep or relax to. might be good while stoned.

I'm Australian though, and an ancestor of those Brits who came here by boat. It still shits me to tears watching those British baking/house buying shows though. My parents in their 60s can't get enough of it.

I enjoy lots of other British television but these slow paced nanna shows don't do it for me. Brit version of shark tank was slow and boring too.

soggy bottom xD

aka Mary Wood Bury

>tfw no paul hollywood

Love it. WAY better than shows where contestants are being yelled at and told they are shit.
My kids occasionally mention that something they are eating "has great crumb and is beautifully glossy."

That’s absolutely precious. I hope they say scrummy.

They're going to run out of challenge/baking ideas soon.

It's a cooking show show without drama that is pointlessly shoed-in like every other piece of shit show that the food network puts out so I like it

The judges are very polite (British) but direct, and they give out a great combination of constructive criticism and genuine compliments. It's never "this is burnt garbage," it's "take it out a few minutes earlier next time, but your buttercream is excellent." I also think it's really sweet that the contestants help each other out, and they're all there to congratulate the winner at the end.

I'm aware it's probably staged to shit but as far as cooking game shows go it's pretty wholesome.

i fucking love it

It's really comfy, I like it. Better than the over the top urgency of American cooking shows.