Any books like this philosophy? I want to know more

Any books like this philosophy? I want to know more.

youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30
youtube.com/watch?v=EF3i4c4yDs8
youtu.be/7Pq-S557XQU)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably something by Camus

>pop philosophy
please return to reddit

Wasn't my apathy towards the subject apparent?

What would be non-pop enough for you?

Just watch Neil de Grasse tyson videos and post on Reddit until the end of fucking time

Shit like this is produced by bourgeois think tanks to make the middle class complacent while the rich steals all their fucking money and uses literal slaves in the third world to make their trendy glitter iPhone cases.

Go sit in a park with your sweetie! (DON'T HAVE ONE, ALL SOCIAL RELATIONS HAVE DEGENERATED TO ORGYPORGY PROLEFEED NIGHTMARE)

Take Facebook tweet selfies of your stupid bullshit! (ENDLESSLY FOCUS ON DAY-TO-DAY PETTY SOCIALIZING AND LASCHIAN NARCISSISTIC GRANDSTANDING ON SOCIAL MEDIA, ALL HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO LITERALLY PREHISTORICAL LEVELS OF HYPERGAMY IN A WHIRLING GYRE OF MEANINGLESS TINDER FACEFUCKING FOR THE SELECT FEW AND ELLIOT RODGER RESENTMENT FOR THE REST)

Consume trendy garbage and eat cool food :P!!!! (LITERALLY CHINESE NIGGER SLAVES MADE YOUR STUPID BULLSHIT "THINKGEEK.COM" BAUBLES AND DESIGNER STRETCHPANTS, IN ENDLESS WASTELANDS THAT RESEMBLE THE FACTORIES OF INDUSTRIAL ENGLAND MARX WROTE ABOUT IN COMPLETE HORROR)

These people are trying to thought control you into passively reclining and injecting low-effort Mythbusters reddit filth into your brain and ignoring the dull ache of meaninglessness and consumerist overstimulation from inhaling high fructose corn syrup and salt all fucking day

"Optimistic nihilism" is what rich faggots pay slightly less rich faggots to convince lumpenproles to think they're experiencing when they work in a cubicle for 45 years to finance a lifestyle of watching proles modify Nerf guns and design "man caves". Turn off the Youtube and develop some tastes and moral preferences taht an algorithm designed by Amazon can't predict and use to predict your entire life befoer you've evn lived it you peice of fucking shit

But the very people at the top are offered nothing more than this themselves.

Who wins?

That's called absurdism

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

Yeah man but you're forgetting the American dream and weed and stuff.

wew

I don't think anyone's going to read your childish rant all the way through

>the absolute state of marxist rhetoric

>all this commie/r9k/
consider that there's more to life than being an incel commie or brain-dead.

Reading

That's why I ask for book recommendations, anone.

Threads like this always make me feel like anons on Veeky Forums are 120 IQ people that happen to have an interest on literature. That also explains why people like neetche so much here.

Nietzsche was pretty much a shitposter desu with his contradictory provocative aphorisms all over the place and funny memes like calling Kant a Chinese spider and saying Pontius Pilate is the only smart guy in the bible because he doesn't get involved with Jew business and calling a milky titted cow and Plato a bore.

haha funny

Start with the Greeks

you're 100% right

This

For some reason I only thought Camus only wrote one book because everyone talks about him like that's all he wrote, feels weird seeing that he actually wrote quite a bit of stuff, 5 novels even.

I did.

Cosmic Trigger!!!

You sound really, really, really, REALLY butthurt.

Why did you bother?

Literally me

>"Optimistic nihilism" is what rich faggots pay slightly less rich faggots to convince lumpenproles to think they're experiencing when they work in a cubicle for 45 years to finance a lifestyle of watching proles modify Nerf guns and design "man caves". Turn off the Youtube and develop some tastes and moral preferences taht an algorithm designed by Amazon can't predict and use to predict your entire life befoer you've evn lived it you peice of fucking shit

damn

the plague is unexpectedly comfy, would recommend

YOU CANT BE A NIHILIST AND HOLD VALUE JUDGMENTS HOLY FUCK

>Optimistic Nihilism

Stop fucking making fun of me! I made this thread to get some recommendations, not to be insulted by nerds who never leave their mothers basements.

>implying nihilism and objectivism aren't compatible
pleb

>valuing objectivism

This is just egoism and most people are doing it already, there are more interesting things to read about.

David Wallace was a positive nihilist: youtube.com/watch?v=EF3i4c4yDs8

"Optimistic nihilism" doesn't exist. Nihilism is inherently pessimistic.

What this video is describing sounds a lot more like existentialism, which branches off in radically different directions. Read Beyond Good and Evil for starters, OP

nothing is "compatible" with nihilism

thats the whole point of it

>"Optimistic nihilism"

oh yeah dude if you really think about it the universe is really big and stuff and we're really small also we all die some day so pretty much life is meaningless and shit this is really deep stuff you probably wouldn't understand it *hits blunt*

read camus

>not believing in objective morality means you can't prefer a certain flavour of icecream

keke

what a nihilist

I dont trust nobody and nobody trusts me

you're getting ahead of yourself here

what do you even mean by "objective morality"

just read the moral nihilism or something m8

*wiki

Start with the start

I'll be the actress starring in your bad dreams

I fucking hate 'educational' YouTube, when I saw a History of the EU video that was trending it was literally 3 minutes long. People watch this shit and then go out in the world thinking they know what the fuck they are talking about because they watched a 3 min video of it that basically just shows that the topic exists. I want to make a historical channel with now introductions, it just assumed you are already well versed in the topic

it's just a prank bro

i do fucking qwonder how did phil was born
genius, pls tell me ur not pleb

this is the channel that advocated for Syrian (and other) migration to Europe right?

What do you expect from a channel run by germans?

>This is the channel that holds a view I disagree with and therefore will proceed to call it whatever buzzword of the month is used to discredit the opposition right?

Relax Chaim, he didn't even start calling you a cuck yet

This rhetoric is so dead and done online that it isn't even worth the time in assuming any other intention

Yeah and so what, its a legitimate point to be made that the supposed nihilists are highly invested in Liberal Humanism. Nothing matters in life until some brown people can be brought here

>its a legitimate point to be made that the supposed nihilists are highly invested in Liberal Humanism.

[citation needed]

enriching the white woman's womb is the only moral imperative

I hope everyone reading this thread realizes is right about everything

>not subscribing to the tenants of Marxism-Rodgerism

>everything i don't like comes from reddit

What citation is needed to point out the clear disingenuousness of claiming nothing matters to then go on to claim that we should care about certain human lives
Its the same shit you see all the time with these sort. Morality is relative and meaningless until you start doing something I don't like

There is literally few things that could be more reddit than this """philosophy"""

ideas that require little to no effort on the part of the one holding them is reddit in general.

>t. 17-year-old who just read 1984 and BMW for the first time

You don't like that they are not real nihilists?

>life is pointless just do what you want dude
fucking deep needed that soft voice to explain it properly

The word "reddit" is thrown around a lot on this board, but this is truly reddit. Read Plato

>nihilist
>can't do X!
I can literally do and say whatever I want
Who cares if it fits into the definition of nihilism

Reminder that you can't really be a nihilist if you don't have some mental illness that makes you spiral into every point of view possible and rationalize the irrational all day

"nihilists": tfw 2 intelligent 2 not contradict myself

You can literally do anything? Fucking literally? Let's see you grow cosmic butterfly wings and fly to Neptune you faggot.

Is called sharpening your wisdom
Be like the water, bro

Woah epic... Nihilism btfo

dude nihilism is the complete denial of morality and value judgments

it was cathartic to read this

This but unironically.

>comes nerds who never leave their mothers basements
>expects to get anything optimistic
Git out

what hte frack

THIS

thanks for the fresh pasta amigo

Nice rant, user. Moar.

>reading books from a guy who was at a point a commie

>video by some charlatan peddling an ego-centric philosophy
>starts by reminding the viewer that Christianity placed humans as the centre of the universe, misrepresentng the religion and making his own position seem the more humble

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>"Do whatever makes you feel good. You decide whatever this means to you."

>tfw my friends say that Christianity is arrogant and I don't even have the energy to argue with them anymore

How stirnerite.

It's... it's beautiful.

Is it like this
In death's other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

t.reddit

>You don't like that they are not real nihilists?

I don't like that they are strategically using a guise of nihilism towards a double standards logic that suits their initial premise.
Its anti-intellectual as it is duplicitous

If that was a CGP Grey one, he acknowledges that he basically provides trash to entertain the masses. He was a high school teacher, and never left that mindset. His intent in his videos is to give the same content someone would remember from doing the subject in high school, not to give a complete overview. One of the best examples of his pseudness was Rules For Rulers, where he summarised a modern business oriented version of Il Principe without ever acknowledging the original(yes, I listen to his podcasts, shitpost in his subreddit, follow his Twitter et al. sorry).

(Humans Need Not Apply was pretty good tho youtu.be/7Pq-S557XQU)

This image has as much content and philosophy as that whole video

Herman Hesse, Steppenwolf

>Humans Need Not Apply was pretty good tho

It really wasn't