Cool covers? cool covers

cool covers? cool covers

while the barnes and noble leatherbound classics are very great books (price, design, mechanical build) I like the penguin hardcover classics more. the selection of titles is far more minimal but the designs are more aesthetic

I love this one

Barnes and Noble used to have a doooope ass Necronomicon by Lovecraft but I can't find it anywhere. Shit would make you feel like you're really reading a Necronomicon

I have pic related, it's a nice leatherbound tome

nice, mind me asking what it cost and where you got it

not him, but there's one on bookdepository for 23 eurobucks atm

thanks for letting me know, I'm looking it up now

Can anyone tell me something about the print of these publications?
The cover doesn't really matter if the print is crap.

Also, fuck Shakespeare's hardback isn't available on Book Depository, fuck my country location and fuck my life.

was shelving loose books the other day, picked out a few of my favorite covers from the lot. these are the god-tier here.

I got this penguin deluxe edition of the Greek myths because I thought it looked cool as fuck, but I haven't read very far into it because its kind dull

The Hungarian cover of "In the Miso Soup" is pretty rad.

op here
cool!
i don;t like it
what it represents?
umm
you and you go away pls

cow leather, r-right?

Considering I save covers to attach to my sideloaded ebooks via calibre, I appreciate this thread. I'll post some of my faves.

Okay, so it's not EXACTLY a cover, but I use it as one anyway.

this one pisses me off because it would look so much better if the Y was leveled. Can somebody shop it so it doesn't look stupid? Maybe make the Y a hair slimmer along the inside as well.

I saw that in the bookstore for $60 I was so tempted to buy it, is there anywhere that sells the complete works of Shakespeare in a cool leather bound hard cover?

every cover in this thread apart from most of are tacky as fuck

They look a lot better in person. And the feel of the cloth is so comfy. I love the penguin clothbound classics even if they get shit on here.

This one?

That's not cool cover, that's abhorrent ones.

really digging this one

shit taste. outdated and stale

I have a soft spot for these

except the man with the golden gun. Breaks the pattern. Poor design.

good design doesn't get outdated my dude
fact is that 9 out of 10 good book covers feature only typography and basic shapes
nearly all other ones in here are elvis snowglobe clown shit

those are pretty sweet. i like this lot as well, mostly because it's a totally shameless pulp throwback style and it isn't played for laughs

Foreskin leather

Never read any Bond novel as I don't like the movies at all, just wondering whether there are any noughty bits in them, or are there just covers.

need version in human skin

lewd

absolutely disgusting

i have hetzel '20000...' which probably inspired what you posted

its like ~500$ on ebay now but im gonna wait 50 more years and buy a robotic gf for it then