How to cook lobsters?

How to cook lobsters?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/a-man-who-lives-without-90-of-his-brain-is-challenging-our-understanding-of-consciousness
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Switzerland ethics finally starting at Lobster
I laughed.
>using a knife to destroy the brain is insufficient
Then why the fuck do you assume they're advanced enough to understand pain or suffering? They're basically very primitive organic machines and are just responding to basic stimuli. They aren't even capable of understanding the concept of pain.

I understand empathy but for fuck sakes, this is like trying to protect bacteria.

Deep fry kills them faster anyway

>Live Lobster: Will It Blend??

It would be news if it wasn't a landlocked country trying to tell me how to prepare seafood.

>this is like trying to protect bacteria.
When we kill bacteria indiscriminately, it hurts us in other ways. Good bacteria prevent a lot of health problems.

It's about time someone stood up for those poor lobsters. Fucking Trumpkins boiling lobsters alive. REEEEE

LOBSTER LIVES MATTER!

Niggers on the other hand, can continue to murder each other until they go extinct.

Preach!

>REEEEE
I'M TRIGGERED, THAT'S WHAT A LIVE LOBSTER SOUNDS LIKE WHEN BOILED.

I always give them a choice.
After placing them in the pan i simply ask "who wants to go in the steamer?" Without fail everyone waves a claw so... the steamer it is.

I think they like it.

What's with the pol refugees?
Do you not guys hate those?

>LOBSTER LIVES MATTER!

LOBSTERS ARE PEOPLE TOO!!!

Steam them

The steam kills them, vegan scum

This is what happens when liberals take over your country.

>This is what happens when liberals take over your country.

"Social Justice" for niggers? Sure, we'll play along and patronize blacks and give them handouts until they learn to be productive members of society.

"Social Justice" for Lobsters? That's just mental instability and schizophrenia.

> thinking plants do not respond to the world
A clam is basically deader than a sunflower

Here in South Florida we just throw them in the cooler where they suffocate, and if they're still barely alive by cleaning time then we just twist and rip their tails off

and they would enforce this law how exactly?

Maybe freeze them first? Shoot em? idk.

> You can judge a society by the way it treats its animals.

Agreed. America is the best society on earth. We give niggers free shit and breed them like they were going extinct.

And since america has, by far, the largest welfare program in the world, then Ghandi would surely be calling America the greatest country in the world.

>and they would enforce this law how exactly?

If you see your jewey neighbor with a lobster, make sure to report them to the Schutzstaffel.

You can judge a society by the way they shit in the streets instead of in toilets.

>>>r/Veeky Forums
>>>r/the_donald

This is absurd.
A lobster's 'brain' isn't complex enough to process pain. It feels an external stimuli which compels it to act. It can't 'suffer'. We are applying human concepts and emotions to an extremely primitive clump of organic matter.

>P-Pol
You fags really have no defense to statistics do you?

and you know this how?

lol. touche

They don't. But even so it's best to limit discussion like this outside of /pol/. If you can't handle it, then leave.

This is a /pol/tard thread, dummy, meant to cause outrage at a small portion of an animal cruelty law which will be enforced less often than someone getting pulled over for speeding when going 56 in a 55. While the next /pol/tard thread could likely be bemoaning the horrors of halal butchering techniques. The hypocrisy of /pol/tards knows no bounds!

This is the food & cooking board. It's not the place for political discussion, newfriend. I hope you're not just forcing political discussions in places where they don't belong so that when people tell you to go away you can feel like you've won. That's not winning.

Someone needs to tell these Nordic fucks about baseball cleats.

>And since america has, by far, the largest welfare program in the world, then Ghandi would surely be calling America the greatest country in the world.

Considering Americans lead the world in hand out, donations, and charitable giving, Ghandi would agree.

Fuck you user. I didn't need to laugh out loud.

>>>/reddit/

What about hanging them? David Foster Wallace seemed to like that method of killing.

Is toaster oven still okay?

The days of saying "how's the water, boys?" when throwing them in are numbered

NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!! ALL LOBSTERS MUST BE FREED!!

BOIL THE LOBSTERS! SEA WAR NOW!

I'm so sick of all these evil white devil cops driving through our neighborhoods and shooting up all the lobsters on the street corners just mindin they own bisness.

>people only care about lobsters being boiled while ignoring crabs and crawfish
ALL CRUSTACEAN LIVES MATTER

Underrated post

How could they enforce that, unless they kill the lobster before selling it. It would be impossible

what if I drown them in white wine?
I never tried this, but ot probably is a more humane way of killing a lobster and it also gives a nice flavor

No fucking shit, that has nothing do with what he said. And we aren't killing lobsters indiscriminately.

>>>/tumblr/

bye reddit

*its

Huh? I’m swiss and didn’t even hear about this.

Would you rather be boiled or steamed to death?

welcome to post 2014 Veeky Forums
/pol/tards are everywhere and there's nothing anyone can do about it but tolerate them

>Landlocked country
>Seafood laws

>who would win
The genocidal assholes supported by more northern and modern bankers, supplying tribes with weapons and other goods to kill their age-old enemies for the sake of mining operations?

Sudan would be funny as hell if there weren't human death and causality.

>Report button doesn't exist
Nigger outside of yellow boards is a bannable offense

You're confusing /pol/ with /vegan/ you dumb shit.

there are no /pol/ refugees, just libcuck invaders

worked for my mom

I'm still banging Garrus you judgemental, arrogant, featherless-son-of-a-pigeon. Unless you Turians can imbibe alcohol or a good ribeye I have nothing but contempt for your ass.

#notallbacteria
Most bacteria doesn't cause e. Coli, don't be germaphobic and eat that rotten lobster

>unironically using the term libcuck
how's 8th grade?

I always thought you were supposed to keep them in a livewell until you are ready to tear the head off

enjoy your sea roach

>yellow board
Please kill yourself.

of course they experience pain
otherwise they wouldnt seek to avoid it

just accept that you lost the culture war
get used to it or get off the internet. This is our town now

I really fucking hope this is a troll and not someone who is immensely stupid.

they don't perceive it the same way, people aren't even sure if fish feel pain either

Instinct to avoid danger and pain are two totally different things that are only sometimes related.

how do you know they are not related in lobsters?
how would you know that?

all we can observe are the lobsters trying everything they can to get out of the pot. looks an awful lot like pain to me.

They do not appear to have a complex nerve system in their bodies and their brain is very, very basic. It's believed that most things without a complex nerve system can experience things like hot/cold, and touch insofar as to know when it's being touched unexpectedly, but they probably don't experience pain the way we do.

Trying to apply a human understanding of pain to crustaceans and other animals is silly like fish is silly.

>and other animals like fish is silly.*

Even humans often react automatically, without self-realization in the animal or any ability to ever analyze a situation; due to reactions not from the brain but lesser nerve systems. Hell, they've recently learned that complex tasks can be performed without knowledge by parts of the human upper spine. Other actions or reactions are instinctual "I find that word loaded" or just a very simple chemical reaction like excessive salt on inner tissue.

Animals like crows, cuttlefish, and maybe others like parrots and elephants I can understand you defending. You are completely stupid if you think that animals that can't tell that they're looking at a reflection aren't less than social animals who evolved that way to protect their DNA, and way less than beings who are capable of contemplating.

Really where do you think you are?

>and their brain is very, very basic
sciencealert.com/a-man-who-lives-without-90-of-his-brain-is-challenging-our-understanding-of-consciousness

>redditvegs defending primitive crustaceans
I'm out.

I'm a /pol/ack and I'm okay with this. I think that if you kill something, it should be swift and with little pain as possible.
Don't see any reason why would anyone be angry about it .

Google 'killing whole lobster ruins'. There's so fucking many reasons why.

Chilling shellfish and some other marine life in a freezer will often slow down their metabolism to a point where EVEN IF THEY COULD FEEL PAIN, it would be minimal, like being drugged heavily.

>freezing
>minimal pain

I export lobster (or crayfish as we call them here) so I have them on demand. Freezer always has at least 6 tails.

If it's whole, boil it till red.

I usually just get tails.
They will stink out your oven and the whole house so I grill them over coals outside.
Push the coals to one side cook on the side without coals with lid on and vents open.
Shell down, garlic butter and lots of sea salt.
When it curls up it's done.
Cook too much it's like rubber, cook too little its all fluffy and gross.
It's a fine line that you will learn.

"give em guns step back and watch em kill each other"

Straight from a black man's mouth

And to the people crying about them here, well I personally don't like to boil anything alive and would never do it, they basically have insect brains.
You should see how they behave in a holding tank. Fuckers will fight and cannibalize each other

I see you're a pussy. Unless someone froze your ass as a child your only concern should be getting warmer. Hell, if it gets too cold you ironically end up feeling warm.

Freezing to death is on the better list of ways to die; near aneurysm, various deaths in your sleep, or oxygen-deprivation which is supposedly fun only at the end. Then again I've only butchered thousands of animals but only had two years of study on plant and animal physiology. And being in -40F occasionally and -20 every 3 or 4 days hasn't taught me shit about cold apparently, so your e-pinion is so relevant.

I heard cage-free chickens act like that.

Damn antispecist leftists.
First they take away our foie gras.
Then they take away our lobster.
Soon enough we won't be able to eat oysters alive.

I guess we'll have to kill them with the knife through the head. But enjoy your tainted water afterwards.

As someone who grew up on a farm as a kid, bullshit.
They may peck each other sometimes but no worse than any other bird.

It's caged battery chooks that do this when cramped in confinement. This is why they are de-beaked

Youve never been wet in the woods in the middle of winter tring to get home while the pins and needles feeling in you legs increases as the moister sucks what warmth is left out of your legs. It god damn hurts you sheltered suburbanite jackass. Frost burns on exposed skin.
skin cracking because the cold of dried it out so badly.

Well that always peck one to much. It sucks to be the bottom bitch in a flock.

>read the article title wrong
>thought Swiss criminals were opening a lobster restaurant

I lol'd. -40 before wind-chill means you'll fatally freeze your lungs. You need to cover everything, even your eyes need to be covered while you practice proper breathing technique, while your beard grows crystals underneath a hood and wool scarf. Without proper boots, socks, ankle gators, you might lose some preferable parts of your lower anatomy. And I'd recommend hiding the fuck out of your hands, and triple-insulating the neck before you feel a head-ache from the veins cooling too quick.

You have no fucking idea what cold is.

>As someone who grew up on a farm as a kid
post a pic of your wife slash sister.

That's really funny.
Such a great joke
10/10

you can be proud of such a good joke. very hilarious.
hahahahahahahahahaha

fuck, i didn't mean to offend you dude. post pics of boyfriend then.

we are not the same person - see:
>pic related

>unzips MSpaint

thanks for the (you)