J. R. R. Tolkien died on September 2, 1973
>1973
>3 for the Elven-kings under the sky
>7 for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone
>9 for Mortal Men doomed to die
>1 for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

mind_blown.gif

Proof of God's existence.

Do you mind if I post this fact to /r/todayilearned?

he obviously decided to kill himself on that date after his wife died.

That would not be very Christian.

>this meme again

>that part where Sam considers killing himself after Frodo is stabbed by Shelob

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo! Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!

Fuck you, Tom.

>Twain was born shortly after an appearance of Halley's Comet, and he predicted that he would "go out with it" as well; he died the day after the comet returned.

Eat earth! Dig deep! Drink water! Go to sleep! Bombadil is talking!

>Series called Lord of The Rings
>I one of the most memorable scenes the character Samwise Gamgee gives Frodo Baggins a ringjob for warmth

bravo Tolkien.

Is he canonically stronger than Sauron in his Prime?

>september 2nd
>the ninth months = nine members of the fellowship
>the second day, signifying ... er ... Sam and Frodo

I think Sauron is stronger canonically. However, Bombadil has the rare power of being completely unaffected by the ring's seduction. It's just a trinket to him.

>Suddenly I was in fornt of teh School. In front of me wuz one of da sexiest goth guyz I had ever seen. He was wering long blak hair, kinda like Mikey Way only black. He had gren eyes like Billie Joe Amstrung and pale whit skin. He wuz wearing a blak ripped up suit wif Vans. It was…
>…………
>……
>….Tom Bombodil!1111

Then why didn't Gandalf make him take the Ring instead of Frodo then?

1) how would he make him do anything?
2) tom bombadil only has power inside his own limits of old forest + barrow downs and can't venture outside of that area.

If Tom agreed to take the ring, Sauron would just gradually take over the rest of Middle-Earth until Tom was the only thing left standing.

lol what

again you have been
fooled by randomness

It was a joke, user.

>ring a dong
Was Ol Tom Bombadil suggesting Frodo wear the ring on his dick???

Tom's powers don't extend beyond his realm, which is just a few acres.

Tom also didn't care for the ring at all and could not be trusted to keep or watch over it--it was utterly insignificant to him.

Tom Bombadil is literally just Tolkien's self-insert. He's the strongest being in all of middle earth by virtue of his very existence, but at the same time is unable to affect the events in it in any meaningful way. Tom Bombadil is essentially the death of the author, and comparing power levels with him is futile.