Homemade condiments

Someone mentioned them in another thread.
Do you guys make any?
I never have and wanted to get some ideas.

Mix dijon or regular mustard with honey or jelly that you have on hand. Mix mayo, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and sriracha. Tartar sauce can me made with sour cream/mayo, dill, finely diced onion, celery, and pickles.

Anyone got any with pic related?

What kind of ideas do you hope to get from Veeky Forums?
Google that shit.

Mayonnaise and vinaigrettes are super easy to make, and both follow the same basic principle of "emulsify fat with other shit." Mustard is as simple as mixing mustard powder with the liquid of your choice, and ketchup is just a spiced tomato reduction. Fermentation isn't hard if you aren't retarded, and that allows you to make hot sauce, fish sauce, and kimchi. BBQ sauce can be as basic as apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, sugar, red peppers flakes, and hot sauce (the best sauce for pulled pork), or a slightly more complex but still fairly basic simmered and reduced mixture of molasses, tomato, vinegar, and spices.
My favorite condiment to make is salsa. Roast your vegetables(I like tomatoes, onions, serrano peppers, and garlic), and grind them with some cilantro, lime juice, and salt. If you want a hotter salsa, use hotter peppers and/or leave out the tomato. For guacamole, keep it simple with just avocado, cilantro, salt, and lime. Maybe some serrano or jalapenos peppers, but deseed them because guacamole should not be hot (that's what the salsa is for).

>Mayo and chipotle peppers
>Honey and dijon mustard
>Ketchup, liquid smoke, cracked black pepper, worcestershire sauce
>Mayo, chopped roasted garlic, salt, pepper

Make your own salsa.

Mix mayo and heavy cream together with Valentina black label and pour over some kippered snacks. Gourmay.

>mustard powder
Are they pre-ground mustard seeds or what? I've only used seeds and they are slightly demanding in regards to the supplies you need.

That's exactly what mustard powder is. However, all you need is a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle to grind mustard seeds, so I don't know what you mean by demanding.

>dijon, you son of a bitch!

Maybe it's because of the volumes we make but we use a set like this. I wouldn't bother making a lot of mustard with just a pestle and mortar but I'm sure it's quite easy if you aren't making too much.

A coffee grinder works fine too, though.

Much thanks based user.

>how to make condiments
>mix condiments
Never change Veeky Forums. You're doing Gods work.

Eh, I suppose it would do just as well, I think we just do it the regional traditional way because of reasons. I never thought much about other ways to do it but I'll try it out with my pestle and mortar some day.

user mayo is easy as hell to make.
That's like asking how to boil water

What?

Satan brings us nightmares

>egg yolk(s)
>mustard and/or whatever flavourings you want
>whisk while adding oil a bit at a time

Huh?

That's how you make some good old mayo. Use the cheapest flavorless oil you can get, add cayenne and garlic as flavorings if you want to to make aioli.

My onion butter is a huge hit. It's pretty easy to make but I don't have a real recipe. I always wing it but it's so simple it usually comes out about the same.
>Get a pan nice and hot with about a tablespoon of oil. (NOT BUTTER.)
>Finely chop a few sweet onions, enough to completely fill the pan a half inch deep with onions.
>Cook on low-medium heat until completely soft and dark brown (NOT BURNT.)
>Add a bit of salt and allow to cool.
>Blend in a food processor until smooth.
Bam, that's the spice. Onion butter. Spread that shit on a bun with a burger, dip your fries in shit, smother yourself in shit. Eat it all you little piggy.

This guy fucks.

Sometimes I make my own cheese, some recipes are easy and you have your homemade cheese in 12-24hours

I know popular opinion on Binging with Babish, but I made the Himalayan ketchup from the ulti-meatum episode and it turned out really good. I'd recommend it.
also have this infographic

1 cup dried arbol chiles
5 ancho chiles
3 cloves garlic
Vinegar of your choice

Put chiles in a pot, submerge in boiling water. Use a small plate to hold the chiles down so they dont float.
After 30 mins, put the soaked chiles and one-and-a-half cups of the soaking water in a blender. Crush the three cloves of garlic. Blend until smooth. Stir in vinegar to your personal taste.

all purpose hot sauce ready to eat!

tnx for this. I hope you are a cheese enthusiast.

Sauce of the pic??
Have any cheese book recommendations?
My first cheese btw

Got it here on Veeky Forums some time ago.
Sorry, no recommendations.
That looks interesting!