Is it true that the culture, mythology, history, etc...

Is it true that the culture, mythology, history, etc. of a place must be understood before looking into and understanding said place's philosophy and how it shaped the individuals from there?
Or can philosophy simply be learned on its own, as the ideas themselves, largely divorced from those things?

No, it's not, and if those were the actual intentions, Derrida would have spent some time looking at his own jewishness and how that influenced his perspective and intentions instead of focusing on white people and western culture. Postmodernism is jewish and the aim all along has been to breakdown western culture and society. Peterson is actually correct to link postmodernism to Marxism by highlighting how they have the same goals, he just cannot make the final leap that would require acknowledging that these intellectual ideas and systems are products of jewish consciousness and their alien spirit, and have formed out of their tribalistic hatred of others, though whites especially.

> Postmodernism is Jewish
The first postmodern philosopher, Heidegger, was a literal Nazi

Your a terrible historian

>your

Why not Nietzsche? No one said jews came up with the foundational principles of anything, but that they distort and institutionalize the most corrosive aspects of others' ideas. Jewish Christianity is the same way, they are recycled stories jews repackaged. Same with postmodernism.

Or maybe *your* just not very smart? If you want to pretend you have something important to say, make an argument.

Your gay
And your history is spookier than nigger jerky

Yeah, you should work on improving your grammar before trying to tackle subjects like philosophy.

>No, it's not, and if those were the actual intentions, Derrida would have spent some time looking at his own jewishness and how that influenced his perspective and intentions instead of focusing on white people and western culture.

He did.

citation needed

Read his last interview

No evil jewish plot there, m8.

It can be learned on its own. It's useful to know that the ideas aren't divorced from the cultural, mythological, historical idioms that form the language they are written in though, but these things aren't necessarily required.

Yeah funny that

>What I call "deconstruction," even when it is directed against something European, is European, is a product
of Europe, a reflection of Europe on itself as experience of a radical otherness. Since the days of the
Enlightenment, Europe has been in a permanent state of self-critique, and in this tradition of perfectibility
there is a hope for the future. At least I hope so, and this is what fuels my indignation before utterances
that condemn Europe utterly, as if it were defined only by its crimes.

> Europe, an entirely other Europe but with the
same set of memories, could - or so I would wish - unite against the politics of American global dominance
(see Wolfowitz, Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc.) and at the same time also against Arab-Muslim theocratism,
unenlightened, and without a political future (but let's also take note of the diversity even in these two
blocs, and let us ally ourselves with the opposition within them.)

This just says that he his against globalism and theocratism.

Yeah funny that. There's also another paragraph there too.

Which says he considers his own concept european (and perfectible), probably because he his european himself.

He's a jew, what are you on about? And the concepts are anti-European because he is a jew, as I'm guessing you are too.

Of course you guess I am. That's what yo do.

>the Enlightenment is anti-European

Revisionism

There are a limited number of explanations for why you would be trying to pretend a jew and his anti-European ideas are in any way European. And my opinion will not be any more favorable toward you if you are white, quite the opposite. That would make it a matter of willful ignorance instead of a strategic display of it.

He literally avoided taking up arms against the French in the Algerian war of independence and instead taught the language. The dude's a Euraboo through and through and evidently has greater respect for the intellectual integrity of European thinking than you and your informal fallacies. Quit inverting our board culture and values... how many times have you been banned but still return?

This is not your board, you loser. And if your ego is so weak that it upsets you to hear how your postmodern idols were middle eastern scam artists and not Europeans, and in fact acted against European people's interests, then you should go somewhere else where badthink is more tightly moderated. You have constructed a fantasy world around yourself and can't handle opinions that rustle the tenets of your illusions. But that's not my fault. It stems from your own weakness, and only you can overcome that. Now go be a baby somewhere else.

So the answer is you've been banned a lot but you can't see the parallels between kicking Jews out and kicking you people out. Too bad Derrida is the only Jewish postmodernist otherwise you might have a point.

Huh, banned a lot? And are you comparing the moderation of an internet board with the citizenship policies of an actual nation? While I know there isn't much originality in outright calling another person dumb, when one makes analogies like this, it kind of warrants it, doesn't it? You are a tender little boy from ego to asshole, look inward if you want to change that, and come up with some better arguments if you ever actually want to engage in serious discussion instead of reminding others you're prone regular embarrassment on here.

I see it's too inconvenient for you to acknowledge that yes, Derrida is the only Jewish postmodernist ("idols" plural), so you abandoned the point. Serious discussion indeed. Is it all the serious discussion that gets you banned?

I don't know what makes you think I get banned from here regularly, but I don't. Otherwise, Derrida is hardly the only jewish postmodernist, but postmodernism has been institutionalized from the top down within academia; that is where jews have exerted the most influence over it as they have judaized elite western universities. Not that I would ever claim that jews are originators or intellectual innovators of any sort, because they aren't and nor have they ever been. Listen, fella, if you enjoy sparring with me that much on here, perhaps you might gain some advantage in the future by learning about the jewish question instead of pretending you already know everything and that I'm some crazy saboteur speaking nonsense. No? Your choice, but I don't think your present tactic is very effective.

The philosopher behind the philosophy must be understood, which does require understanding a bit about the culture, mythology, history, etc. that the philosopher lived in. If you divorce the philosophy from the philosopher, it's like blindfolding one eye when analyzing something.

>Is it true that the culture, mythology, history, etc. of a place must be understood before looking into and understanding said place's philosophy and how it shaped the individuals from there?
No, but the context helps.

>Or can philosophy simply be learned on its own, as the ideas themselves, largely divorced from those things?
Yes, but it will be the worse for it.

>Not understanding the slow growth of modernity from through history
>not getting that Jews are associated with it because they lean into modernist trends, not cause it directly

read hegel's philosophy of history

tiresome

this seems reasonable

You have to be stupid to really believe that.