Native Americans

What are some good books about native americans? I'll take fiction or non-fiction doesn't matter as long as its a good read.

goodreads.com/book/show/8303538-empire-of-the-summer-moon

Other urls found in this thread:

loa.org/books/256-writings-with-other-narratives-of-roanoke-jamestown-and-the-first-english-settlement-of-america
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smith_(explorer)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've read 1491 and 1493, which I can recommend. I've also read James Maffie's book on Aztec philosophy.
On my reading list are:
- How It Is: The Native American Philosophy of V. F. Cordova
- The Dance of Person and Place: One Interpretation of American Indian Philosophy
- Aztec Thought and Culture: A Study of the Ancient Nahuatl Mind

Empire of the Summer Moon is excellent. I really enjoyed A Sorrow in Our Hearts, a biography about the great Shawnee leader Tecumseh. Much of it is speculative but it's still very good.

If you are interested in inuit-aleut cultures I highly recommend pic related.

100% serious here. guy does some serious research for his work.

this was good imo

Black Elk Speaks by John Neihardt

Don Juan by Carlos Castaneda

Don Juan was a really enjoyable read. I need to get into some of Castaneda's other books when I get a chance.

War Before Civilization - The Myth of the Peaceful Savage

I think my dad read that book OP

Little Big Man is fun

The Son by Phillip Meyer is fantastic

do you have those in a drive or physical?

The Round House and La Rose by Louise Erdich

Bump for tomorrow
I recc item:The Middle Ground: Indians, Empires, and Republics in the Great Lakes Region, 1650-1815 byRichard White

I found 1491 and 1493 in the library.

This as well as Argall by Vollmann.

>Argall
Still my favorite from vollmeme.

The Song of Hiawatha

Captain John Smith: Writings with Other Narratives of Roanoke, Jamestown, and the First English Settlement of America

loa.org/books/256-writings-with-other-narratives-of-roanoke-jamestown-and-the-first-english-settlement-of-america

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Smith_(explorer)

;_;