Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1IdEhvuNxV8
youtube.com/watch?v=JpVcX0W67OY
youtube.com/watch?v=k5gQ_rruDmc
speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/nzhz3zrdnwc3z8xz
youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWgodul_E
youtube.com/watch?v=tBcuIIKY94U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Proper thread. Do not make duplicates please.

thank you op. Mods please delete the gay thread.

Thank you OP. ABANDONING THE FAGFLAG EDITION

How's everyone's taper going since new years?

How about fuck you edition?

Relapsed twice. Feelsterribleman

Tapered down, had a lapse this week because of work. Probably no need for me to taper again because I'm only drinking strong beer. It's better than shaking, sweating, and feeling like I'm going to die at my desk lol

Relapsed or lapsed? My therapist has a distinction between the two. Eg., If I'm sober for a month then get hammered for a night he considers that a lapse. A relapse is when you undo all the work you've put towards sobriety - something I'm familiar with ;_;

not bragging, but 8 days sober. I'm so bored and hungry all the damn time.

Yeah nah fuck that. Delete that shit please.

If you're a janitor, delete the other thread like a good goy.

Eat more. You have ~1000+ calories to do what you want with.

108 days no booze. made a new homemade bong.

Tapered this week but my housemates are out so I'm having a big night by myself tonight. Defeats the purpose, but you know where I'm coming from.

Is weed what kept you off the sauce?

Yea I'm just afraid i'll get fat. The booze was making me fat because I was crushing 50+ beers on a weekend and still eating like shit on top of that, but i'm just nervous i'll fill that gap with empty calories some other way.

>tfw get weekly drug tests at work

I’d rather be unemployed than have my private life dictated to me like this. Why do Americans put up with it? It’s not the norm, yaknow.

Local store opens in 1 hr... but there is a dodgy shop open a few miles away. License has been cancelled so I'll have to walk there tho

Tomorrow's the day boys.

Going to try my first day without alcohol in two years.

Been tapering like a mother fucker the last month and I can finally get through a day without terrible withdraw symptoms. I'm down to a half 6oz flask a day, and think I can make it a full 24 without.

Wish me luck!

Weed helps for sure. Any crutch helps and weed is my second choice. Sucks when I run out. I start looking lusty at nyquil. I just don't drink.

I work in the mining industry in 'straya, which is fair enough for hard drugs because I wouldn't want to mince my work colleagues. Just sucks I can't have a blunt after work - there's not much out here tbqh desu

Start smoking cigarettes and eat at least one salad a day and that should keep your weight down.

good luck dude, congrats, it's better here on the other side
>tfw can literally see the relapse clouds gathering on the horizon for me tho

Good luck user. I'm rooting for you.

YEAH BOYS IT'S A FRESH THREAD
WE GOT A FRESH THREAD
A FRESH THREAD BABY TONIIIIITE

Huh, I’m not sure I agree with your therapist.
If I so much as smell ethanol in vanilla extract I’m in a horribly precarious position. If thereafter I drink one unit, it’s all ogre.

what is this referencing

also what is the most accurate representation of alcoholism you have seen on youtube/cinema etc

I went cold turkey. It was fucking hell, but I'm still dry. So I guess it was worth the hellish withdrawals, I just hope I never relapse ever again.

Proper thread is here.

>sober
>buy 6 pack of mini 7 ups
>get home
>THEY ARE FUCKING DIET SEVEN UPS
consider relapse

would probably be faster just to wait the hour than walk a few miles there and a few back

I’d quit same day, absolute fact. My private life is not to be dictated by my need for money - I would rather be homeless.

youtube.com/watch?v=1IdEhvuNxV8
but only vaguely

Good luck user. I'll have a drink for you tomorrow so you don't have to.

What are your plans for 2018?

this song makes me wanna get blackout drunk and dance in my living room while my family judges me

>also what is the most accurate representation of alcoholism you have seen on youtube/cinema etc
Leaving Las Vegas was alright, but what really hit home was Flight. And I'm not even a nigglet.

Walked to liquor store today, puked in parking lot from last night,. counted change to get 2 42 ozs of steel reserve. living the life

Give it up. 98% of the population is straight. Plus you’re a newfag who can’t even silhouette.

LLV is accurate depiction of WD and how the fun ends quick, but Cage's character is a little over the top.

yeah flight is good and dark about the alcoholism
im trying to think of others

some moments in Mad Men are close, when draper loses control, when duck gets trashed and calls that ugly big forehead chick whatever her name is

youtube.com/watch?v=JpVcX0W67OY

Post comedy lads

The joke is pretty funny, but tbqh familia I just want a thread where I can share experience with fellow drunks without incessant shitposting. All the best.

It’s just a Hollywood depiction of alcoholism. I liked it. It totally flops in terms of its ability to accurately portray the more gruesome (I.e true) reality of alcoholism, but it’s not totally void of legitimacy, plus Elizabeth Shue is qt af in it.

>wake up
>can't find car keys, wallet, or phone
>fuck it, need to get booze first
>scrounge for change
>walk 2 mile to gas station knowing whichever clerk it is will recognize me regardless
>pint of vodka at 8am
>goodbye has gone from "Have a nice day" to "Please be careful"
>drink half of pint on way home
>find belongings with a nice buzz
>success

youtube.com/watch?v=k5gQ_rruDmc

This hits pretty hard, even if you're not a fan of Brit comedy.

do u work?

how do all you guys who have to keep scrounging change up for your booze afford it day after day? once im out of money im going to be out

Peace assholes

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/nzhz3zrdnwc3z8xz

i work a few days a week, so i always have some type of money around even if its only a few bucks. and I make tips

This is why I’m real with my corner shop, lol. I make a joke of my alcoholism. They went from awkward looks to jokes and smiles.

youtube.com/watch?v=1SPWgodul_E

Classic

Right now I work full time so booze money is no problem but when I was poor I would rotate, depending on money that week, from my favorite costly booze to absolute bottom shelf tier stuff. If I had no money I would steal from my flatmates.

what are u fags listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=tBcuIIKY94U

lol youre proper smashed m8

sleep tight lil drunkie, hopefully you get some restful sleep

The resolutions read as thus:

1) stop drinking (nearly, if not already, there)
2) stable exercise routine (already working on it)
3) Pay off car (sent my payoff check in on Tuesday)
4) Pay off student loan (will be complete in February)
5) Move out (should have $14k in the bank by June for first month rent and apartment furnishing)

This is going to be my year.

look at this fucking Tito's gift box

you could probably swap out expensive vodka with skol or popov and normies couldn't tell the difference

That is the greatest fucking titos gift box I have ever seen. And I have seen none.

i love this skit but you can tell it's not real because he's not shaking so bad he can't hold onto the change or the cans
i mean if you're being realistic
tfw they all know

Yep I'm a cook in a hospital kitchen. That was on my day off. I'm shipping out for the Air Force in April. Haven't drank since New Years and I'm definitely not going to fuck around with liquor once I'm in

whoopdefucking doo it's vodka
it all tastes the same
what a scam, i wish i were tito

>tfw they all know
They always know

>I'm definitely not going to fuck around with liquor once I'm in
Remember this reply.

Unironically this. Cigs and some basic cardio with lots of veg cured my tubby baby fat.

how about vaping

cigs are better, the actual smoke contains a variety of psychoactive compounds, some which act as MAOIs even, and reduce hunger, it's not just the nicotine. not memeing, google it.

>walk into liquor store with 3 day beard in yesterdays clothes
>don't even give a fuck at that point

Any chance we could chat on omegle, under alck?
Need someone to talk to

what's wrong user

I cbf to Omegle. I’ll call uk alchie grils though.

Am I the only one who gets drunk and immediately wants to share problems and connect emotionally with someone?
I'm the opposite sober

I cant live, if living is without you,
I cant live like this anymore

I have a few hundred saved up, but I don't drink anymore so...Other than that I'm on NEETbux while I'm in between jobs.

I CANT ILIIIIVE
IF LIVING IW WITHOUT A NEW BBREAD
I CANT LIVE ANYMOOOORE

I'm the exact same. Sucks to be honest

Does absinthe actually make you hallucinate?

Results in lots of cringe.
Really it won't be interpreted as cringe to everyone, but it always will be to us, because its not our nature.

It can make you drunk. Maybe 100 years ago but today it's all marketing and chinese whispers.

It never really did user, but since the ingredient that produced those effects is banned in a lot of areas, it won't provide any hallucinogenic effects.

oh man this gave me a flash of anxiety, you're not the only one.

the cycle always repeats as

> be hardened and emotionally closed off during the work week
> start drinking
> feel happy and loving, craving affection
> other drunk people see you as needy and tell you to chill the fuck out
> become a sad drunk and start crying
> go home drunk thinking how you'll never ever open up to people ever again as you rant to yourself while falling asleep

over and over and over and over

You and I should be buddies so we don't suffer from that bullshit. We'll dump our cringe on each other.

You should do something different.

That's why i suggested omegle. Get on

iktf

Ayyyyy i dont want to live if its without you
Dont wanna live anymore !

Maybe if i tell you I am female you will talk to me?

I'll talk to you but im drunk. I might not reply.

On omegle? Or skype or some shit?

Anyone else can't look at texts/messages/chats in the morning after they were wasted the night before?

I cant live
If living is without you.
Yes i go weeks before i look at texts i sent on a bender. Ysually shadow delete any replies.

Guys, tell me why you drink.

I don't want this to be about me so I'll post my reason later

DIDNT WE ALMOST HAVE IT ALLLLL

gin. bombay. fifths and fifths,

Maybe you misread.

If not, fuck I hate gin. You're crazy

kek i misread the shit out of that

i drink due to vague existential anxiety and boredom which spikes occasionally into spasms of severe self loathing and anger toward society and the conditions of human life on this planet in general

Wow you're pretty much me. The only difference is that I've moved past anger into complete depression

i kinda want to feel my nut rise from the sac of my balls, but im too tired and numb to do anything about it