Tfw to intelligent to not be an optimistic nihilist

>tfw to intelligent to not be an optimistic nihilist

youtube.com/watch?v=MBRqu0YOH14

nice bandwagoning

Basically, do whatever makes you happy in life, because you'll die and be forgotten?

>optimistic nihilism

Isn't this a contradiction? Nihilism discards all praxis and value

>nah man, life doesn't have any real meaning so why not just do stuff you enjoy, bro? as long as you aren't hurting other people! science kinda 'figured out' philosophy; all you have to do is be a skeptic materialist because otherwise you might have to have personal convictions!

Sounds good. Problem?

is it even physically possible for a normie to understand what nihilism is

uh is this not entirely what nietzsche figured out 250 years ago

>to

its the opposite of what he figured out

i didn't watch the video but i assumed it's "dude just find your own meaning lmao".

what's your definition of "being allienated"?

seems kinda comfy desu flemelem

>Lo! I show you the Last Man.
>"What is love? What is creation? What is longing? What is a star?" -- so asks the Last Man, and blinks.
>The earth has become small, and on it hops the Last Man, who makes everything small. His species is ineradicable as the flea; the Last Man lives longest.
>"We have discovered happiness" -- say the Last Men, and they blink.
>They have left the regions where it is hard to live; for they need warmth. One still loves one's neighbor and rubs against him; for one needs warmth.
>Turning ill and being distrustful, they consider sinful: they walk warily. He is a fool who still stumbles over stones or men!
>A little poison now and then: that makes for pleasant dreams. And much poison at the end for a pleasant death.
>One still works, for work is a pastime. But one is careful lest the pastime should hurt one.
>One no longer becomes poor or rich; both are too burdensome. Who still wants to rule? Who still wants to obey? Both are too burdensome.
>No shepherd, and one herd! Everyone wants the same; everyone is the same: he who feels differently goes voluntarily into the madhouse.
>"Formerly all the world was insane," -- say the subtlest of them, and they blink.
>They are clever and know all that has happened: so there is no end to their derision. People still quarrel, but are soon reconciled -- otherwise it upsets their stomachs.
>They have their little pleasures for the day, and their little pleasures for the night, but they have a regard for health.
>"We have discovered happiness," -- say the Last Men, and they blink.

this unironically

>man invented god because he made things less scary

Entire history of Western Philosophy, Indo-European Traditions, Platonists, Neo-platonists, Christianity, all pre-Enlightenment thinkers completely and utterly BTFO in one fell swoop and EXPOSED as big scaredy cats.

>as long as you aren't hurting other people!
non sequitur desu

personally I'd never want to have any of you as friends because you just seem like uninteresting and generally apathetic people. enjoy your mediocre lives i guess

>video promotes humanist actions
>calls itself nihilism
it's actually just reddit: the """philosophy"""

ironic

sounds pretty cozy tbqh

yeah it's just rebranded secular liberal progressive humanism desu

i think if humans accept their inferiority ie that they're bugs in the face of higher intelligence ie ai, why should we not resign ourselves to our fate and live out in our meager happiness?

What is even the point of saying "stars aren't made for us." From a human perspective the stars might as well have been painted onto he dome of the sky just for you to look at them. And the only perspective you can have is a human perspective.

>close your eyes, count to one. That's how long forever feels.

Dang.

>250
way off the mark buddy

pessimist nihilists btfo

sounds like you dont have any.

damn...

>Nihilism doesn't mean you can't have a moral compass
YES IT LITERALLY DOES

*autistic screeching*

Cruzaders and sea explorers were such pussies, they would have no chance against atheist male feminist reddiors.

It's not like the second World War and following fear of nuclear destruction would have resulted in generations of cowards.

Even if you are remembered, it could very well not be till centuries after your lonely death and you'll never know.

wow epic. you know math.

I think he has confused ethics preferences with moral compass

All of that actually is less scary than a chaotic, unpredictable, indifferent world.

eehhh...

>ultimately math has no meaning, bro, just use the figures that you find personally fulfilling

>really makes you think

>tfw from the thumbnail of the video alone I already knew it was going to be some Reddit-esque rebranding of IFLScience! materialism and "progressive" humanism into something oxymoronic

there's nothing nihilistic about what this FAGGOT is preaching

You're such a cuck Sven

what a fucking prophet he was

>All of that actually is less scary than a chaotic, unpredictable, indifferent world.

The Christian worldview is one in which you may be suspended eternally in a state of inexpressible, unimaginable suffering if you do the wrong thing as determined by an infinitely powerful meta-cosmic omniscient hyperintelligence.

That's much more frightening than a lifetime that, be it pleasurable or painful, has nothing in store for it at the end but quiet darkness.

What if, in the future, we learned that the stars had been put there for a definite purpose?

>wanting to be cucked by robots
Land pls go away

>LOL NOTHING MATTERS JUST DO WHAT YOU LIKE AND BE "HAPPY"
Deep.

my favourite thing about this guy is his democracy video where he compares global deaths in the past to recent years and lists the rawnda as "countries with over 10,000 deaths"

this desu

hope robomommy is nice to us :3

>guy

It's an entire team of pro-refugee germans working around the clock