The Name of the Wind

This is some of the edgiest shit I think I've ever read. How does anyone but 14 year old teenage girls like these books?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=fantasy books
youtube.com/watch?v=yTQu41ffoSs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> edgy

I'm not sure you understand what that word means. NotW is a lot of things, few of them good, but edgy isn't one of them.

I am reading the second book of this series now. I Googled best fantasy book series and this was the first ok some list that I found.

It's ok

>“I have known her longer, my smile said. True, you have been inside the circle of her arms, tasted her mouth, felt the warmth of her, and that is something I have never had. But there is a part of her that is only for me. You cannot touch it, no matter how hard you might try. And after she has left you I will still be here, making her laugh. My light shining in her. I will still be here long after she has forgotten your name.”

Literally normalized cuckolding.

Honestly I didn't like that much either, the main character is just OP, no matter what happens he's so OP that he can do anything and he can solve everything because yes. I dropped it in the middle of the first book, it seems fantasy made for kids

In all honesty the first one isn't as bad but half way through the second one it gets BAD. You've been warned.

I can't bring myself to finish the last 100 pages of the second one. It is pretentiously written for pretentious readers.

Yeah I hate this.

I am at 30% of the second book. Should I stop reading?

If you enjoy it so far then don't let me stop you. If you get to the point where "it" gets too much, then just know, "it" wont get better. You will know what "it" means soon enough.

Well I am not having a terrible time. There are a couple of things that I dislike. Him being OP is one of them. After I finished the first book I was thinking about not reading the second but ended up doing it anyway. I guess I will figure out what 'it' means soon

You are going to laugh your ass off at the "primal lust goddess". There is no way to prepare for what is ahead of you. :^)

I think it's overrated but pretty good. I don't know what's "edgy" about it.

Literally the worst thing I have ever read in my entire life. Kvothe taking a fat diarrhea shit in my mouth while Rothfuss anally rapes me would be a less unpleasant experience than reading this.

But is this series famous? I found it by accident on a fantasy books list. It was the first :D

>is this series famous

google.com/search?q=fantasy books

Unfortunately their relationship becomes even weaker and more boring as the books go on.

But, at first I thought it was handled really well. But you're still stupid because that isn't edgy at all, it's just a stupid teenager being a stupid teenager. He's like 15

Damn. I wouldn't say this comes even remotely close to ASoIaF.

I lasted some four chapters. It's simply the worst novel that I ever tried to read, and that's saying much, as I love trashy stuff. Main redheaded shitstain must be the strongest plotarmoured, self projected bastard in print.

>But you're still stupid because that isn't edgy at all, it's just a stupid teenager being a stupid teenager.

I'm assuming we would agree that Kvothe is semi-homogenous with a poorly written Anime protagonist?

Imma let you finish, but Malazan Book of the Fallen is probably one of the top ten epic fantasy series ever written, ever.

There are about 5 readable books in that entire top-bar thing.

Is that the one with 100 pages of fairy sex?

The first 7 chapters of the first book were honestly my favorite out of the series.

The proceeding chapters take a completely different turn so you might actually like the book if you continue 15 or so chapters in.

The second one is but its more of like 200 pages of "omg he touched a boob".

If anyone honestly liked it, go and start reading Waylander from Gemmell. It's the same one hero theme, same simple prose, but so superior in every aspect that you'll be thanking me in sleep.

>Waylander
I haven't read that one but I read Legend and got the same impression. Rothfuss is that shit at what he does that some forgotten no-name who churned this crap out at an industrial pace decades ago writes circles around him.

This dude makes GRRM look like Tolkien

>tfw read both books several times and eagerly awaiting the release of the next one

lol, that's a cute/awesome elephant dude

>part 3 still is not out
>its allegedly already written

what a faggot this man is

Same, I can't really tell good writing from bad tbqh
Or at least I can't tell medicore writing from great writing, I just enjoy it or I don't

These first 2 books were utter shit. Based on his writing, the author is one of the most pretentious fucks who has ever written a word down.

It's not even about writing, it's about the characterisation being so bad that I had to wonder if the author had ever spoken to another human being in his entire life. Do you really think Kvothe is a decent character? Genuinely curious because I can't imagine how anyone could possibly think that.

He is a feminist ideologue who wanted to "open eyes" to every mysoginist nerd with his ground braking work, but got butthurt that no one noticed any of that but fairy sex scene and most annoying Denna character.
And now he hates his fans and goes into berserker rage when someone asks him when 3rd book is released.

This one has many similar themes but is superior in every regard.

The protagonist is super-competent at what he does as well, but he does fuck up and/or get the shit beaten out of him on a regular basis.

I've seen him on Twitter, he tries to be friendly to fans and down to earth, but any retard can see that he's got so many sticks up his ass, you could lean him against the wall and call him a broom closet.

>feminist
>incapable of writing anything other than typical teenage geek "I met the hottest girl in the world and touched her BOOBS" self-insert fantasy
kek, just how impossibly deluded is this guy? I'd think it's an ironic commentary on male feminists if I didn't know better. It's just mindblowing how self-unaware this guy is.

>trustworthy and honorable gypsies

Well, i think he wanted to write the type of book that he thinks is fantasy book readers are reading. As a result he wrote most "shōnen anime" book possible.

lol this
the european equivalent of black thugs

youtube.com/watch?v=yTQu41ffoSs

that will be enlightening for any Americans who don't have first-hand experience with gyppos.

jesus fucking christ, what are they doing

I don't think he's self-aware enough to do that. I think he genuinely thinks he wrote a cutting edge masterpiece.

I live in South Africa and even though I've seen more ghetto shit than most people can ever imagine, this still shocked me. What the fuck man.

so how cheap are their girls to fugg? are there even any worth it?

And thanks to the fucking EU, these "people" are sitting around begging outside of every store, camping in parks and under bridges, going through trash cans and stealing anything not bolted down. Behavior like that was unheard of before.

Do you have the "Ash Ketchum" attitude towards STIs?

To clarify, they travel here from romania and wherever the fuck else because we've more money and gullibility.

The EU is literally turning your country into Africa. I'm really sorry user, I wouldn't want to be in your position right now. At least Africa has been shit since before I was born and I don't have to watch it get worse.

true

captcha: anima road

rip in peace bulgaria

It's like the fantasy equivalent of pic related.

Dubs confirms the truth of this statement. Seriously. That is exactly what Rothfuss is

I don't remember if the writing is decent or not but I remember liking it years ago.
Anyways, it sounds like everyone is really missing the point. Kvothe is a tragic hero, and we know this because of the framing device. He is very good at what he does but we already know that 1) he is most likely not a reliable narrator and 2) that he eventually fucks up so badly (and he already fucks up several times through the series) that he has to become an innkeeper in a tiny town and loses his power level.

I once had a dream in which book 3 came out, and it was about Kvothe getting repeatedly raped and mindbroken until he becomes convinced that he's a woman whose only life purpose is to please men. It was 100 times more enjoyable than the actual books.

Forgot to say:
Essentially, we know that all his suave and skill comes back to bite him in a big way. Also, a continuous theme of the series is that Kvothe is smart and killed but NOT wise.

>he eventually fucks up so badly that he has to become an innkeeper in a tiny town and loses his power level.

Oh boo fucking hoo, he becomes a wildly successful innkeeper who imparts great wisdom on everyone he meets, fights monsters, saves people, and has the world's most famous writers stop their urgent business to take down his life story. Such a terrible, haunting tragedy. I can't even comprehend how poor dear Kvothe managed to bear it. Truly stunning and brave.

None of this would change the fact that it's all horribly written. Is Kvothe such an autist that he thinks how he's describing himself is cool? Actually it would explain a lot if that were true. No neurotypical human being would spend that much time talking about student debt if asked for their life story.

Pretty much this. The framing device wouldn't even be necessary if Kvothe was a decent character. Rothfuss loves to tell instead of showing.

Also it's barely a tragedy. More like a self-absorbed faggot getting knocked down a peg, but much less than what he actually deserves.

>an innkeeper in a tiny town
a small businessman holding a captive market, livin the dream

WRITE IT

They say you should write the book that you want to read.

I am now at the part where he is trying to get the Maer laid

Meh, there's already a fanfic where the sex goddess turns Kvothe into a girl and brutally rapes him until his pussy bleeds.

I need this for reasons.

What a coincidence, last night I dreamt this kid was mindbroken too. It was like a program that got loaded into his brain, so at first he didn't realize anything was wrong, just in hindsight that something was off, until everything was fucked up. There was this one part where he was feeling sick, so he stumbled into a bathroom, only to find out it was turned into a student nurse's office staffed by these two jocks that were like "what's with this guy? He's so weird" it just kept getting worse and worse and he was aware of it too, but it was too much and it ended with him seizing and foaming at the mouth. It was suitably aroused.

Basically he gets more and more powerful until he fucks everything up. You have to contrast his OP-ness with his situation in the frame.

> wildly successful innkeeper
Did you even the story? He is a miserable failed innkeeper who is slowly wasting away due to some unknown circumstance.

Well fug, I searched both AO3 and Fanfiction.net, even googled multiple variants of "Felurian/Kvothe fanfiction", and I just couldn't find it anymore. Looks like it was deleted. I did read it something like 4 years ago. I'm very sorry user.

I would also be aroused if Kvothe was seizing and foaming at the mouth while jocks and student nurses laughed at him.

Lanre was the real cuck. His wife fucking Iax on the side.

As long as there is a slight possibility of it existing I will be fine.

Ah, the Gipsy. God's own people. They're all nice an comfy if you know them, it's just that they tend to nick a thing or two when you're not looking if it isn't bolted down. Eh... To tell the truth, the will go and unscrew, torch off, and steal even stuff that is bolted down. Crafty buggers are into metalurgy now, so no steel object is safe from them. Those confederate statues in the states? Let's just say that they would pose no problems for any side if some gipsies were around.

is this the one where the main character goes to the water nymph goddess' sex island and they fuck for like a century and most men go crazy but he makes her cum or something so he gets power?

That book sucked

>water nymph goddess' sex island and they fuck for like a century

Unless that happens in the last 100 pages in the second book then no.

>And after she has left you I will still be here, making her laugh. My light shining in her. I will still be here long after she has forgotten your name.”
*tips gnome hat*

It is yeah.

Dear God, he looks exactly how I'd expected him to look. Worse than fucking GRRM.

Dw his beard has gotten even stringier and more sexually repulsive than in this picture.

Is there anything more disgusting, more odious?

If I was a nomi I'd be using the crying laughing emoji.

All the details are wrong but yeah that basically happens

I kek'd

It seems like I'm the only one on Veeky Forums that actually liked the second one more than the first one. I would continue reading if you liked the first one.

I found his complains about poverty and general outlook annoying but I would not call it edgy.
You want edge, read aztec by gary jennings , altered carbon by richard morgan or many others like it. Hell I read a book where a guy fights a 3 year old to death.

>fights
you mean punches? was it a magic toddler?

I still don't get what her deal is. Is she a regular slut that fall in with one of those dark lords of the world and is no secret a magic appearance or what? its forrest gump all over

Is that before or after all the amazon sex? I would say keep going, its not going to be finished any time soon. another thing that kills it is the fact that the story is being told to another character so there is no suspense

maybe he means those gypsies raping those 2 girls and maybe Kvothe using his voodoo doll, don't recall anything else that may count as edgy (even this would not really count)

was there any fairy sex? I recall it happening of screen and him learning a hidden sex jujitsu he processed to use on all the women he fucks

next book is never coming out and you will never find out if the guy that gave him that coin was important or if he was just some rich guy used to move the plot

I did not notice any feminist ideologue in his work. Does he mean the society run by women, because its pants on retarded and full of autistic women oppressing young boys, surviving solely on their ninja skills

yep gypsies should be exterminated. There was this one group who broke into a tourist resort (during the soviet days) and blackmailed the keeper to feed them or they would chip out and scare away everyone. even these days cops could be looking for a guy that killed 3 people and gypsies would still cover for him and help him escape, there tribalism is off the charts

>are there even any worth it?
no. They keep the good ones and super hot ones are the ones the sons of their crime bosses lose their virginity too.

thanks I guess. I did wonder were all the gypsies went, I assumed the gov took care of them but these days I realize they don't have the balls for it. back in the day subway used to be full of them, we even joked about how prideful they got because 1 time I gave one a coin (a regular amount for a beggar) and she was like "give me 3 times this, these days this does not buy anything" then she threw the money at me.

>2) that he eventually fucks up so badly
I think its assumed that he made a willing sacrifice for the good of all. his elf boy often comments about how he should not bother with the lesser beings who are unworthy of his ginger cock

Yeah it was implied the he futk fairy pucci.

I like the way you think. Was it during the gutter days?
yes. its like movie, where people are enslaved by aliens and kept in pens like animals so there is a lot of rape and magic powers. MC is from a last free town, once he awakens he uses his magic powers to mind control women into sex (without noticing it) but eventually the magic hunter comes for him, he kills him and but is still couscous about the woods they come from. there he find an elf looking woman who keeps him as his pet and is put into arena fights along with humans who have been raised like cattle. He gets a magic color punishes him whenever he does not obey. as part of his first examination he is tentacle
raped by a robot. I would say it is edgy

>as part of his first examination he is tentacle
>raped by a robot
hot!

I looked it up. Its embers of illeniel by Michael G. Manning . I swear he is part of the scientology cult

is this edge?

did her arms falled off

>I assumed the gov took care of them but these days I realize they don't have the balls for it.
Actually, there's a huge stigma among the gypsies towards accepting government handouts or help with any sort of strings attached. Like working for a living.