Cast Iron Pizza - it's a pie, a pizza pie

Doing this again, but from very start, more pics, and methodically.

No-knead pizza dough is so good with the proper tools and quality ingredients that i could post this everytime.

>mfw pizza's ready

Let's start with the ingredients used, which are simple and all that's needed for delicious dough.

- 500g BREAD flour (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2tsp active dry yeast (*activated)
- 275g clean water (about 1 cup +3tsp)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon olive oil

Using quality version of these things is the best first thing to do. Also have a beer. You earned it.

CHARGING YEAST

heat your 1 cup 3tsp of water to around 100-115f.
Pour in your yeast to activate it. This should take 15 minutes on your counter. You should see some frothing, but don't be totally discouraged if you don't , it's likely good to go. Have more beer.

(checked)
chop chop faggot

>I could post this every time

You don't have to though. You're exceptionally boring and your posts bring nothing to the board. Please stop

A pizza is never a pie faggot, just stop. Kill yourself too.

COMBINE YOUR DESTINY

First, combine and stir together your flour and salt.
Create a small reservoir in the center.
pour in your active water and loosely mix this together. Now pour in your olive oil.

Mix until all flour is taken up. It will look like a sludge, which is perfectly good. This recipe has nearly 60% liquid to flour content, so it's a wet dough!

I'm not sure about you guys, but for me pic related is certainly what it is.

I will continue practicing and posting it.

Got a couple contrarians already. Thread off to a good start.

Here's what mine looked like after combining.

Now we just cover this tightly and put it somewhere it won't be disturbed.

For the initial rise, I have attempted 8hrs, 16hrs, and 24hrs.

Longer is always better. a lower ambient temperature will mean a slower rise, but a better one. if your house is between 65f - 75f let this sit for 16-24hrs. I placed mine atop the fridge.

carry on, fuck the haters

Shills for the fast food establishments.
Probably consider box of mac and cheese a culinary accomplishment.

Certainly going to cry about cast iron pans, because they don't understand them and can only equate them to hipster culture.

This one is special to me and has been in my family for 40+ years.

TOPPINGS

Time to go to the local publix, where shopping is a pleasureā„¢.

What are you gonna put on your pizza, user? what sauce are you gonna use?

>The greatest grocery store ever known

And how long has that cooker been in your family, 80+ years? Lmao poorfag are hilarious

Just got that one from wife's family. Who knows.
How hard is it to understand these pans? I won't even try to convince you that family matters. Undoubtably your on a GBP system.

lewd patina m80

Here's the dough after just 1hr30mins rising. It is about 69f in the room. This is good, but still gonna go the entire 24hrs since I already have 2 balls in the fridge from last time.

so what ? we just sit here f5'in for 24h or what ?

You never leave anyway, what's the issue?

Well, not really, I'll continue with last week's batch.

Here we are at 3hrs.

Does anybody have any tips on freezing the dough for no-knead pizza dough? I try to set some aside and freeze for future use, but it always cooks flat even if I warm up the frozen dough after letting it defrost. The portion I don't freeze rises great with tons of air bubbles and stuff.

stop it

Op here. Try opening the resting container and closing it again. Leave it on counter for 24hrs. You are resting in a tupaware with plenty of extra space, right?

The whole purpose of a long rise is for gluten strands to form into a webbing like structure that creats such a airy nice dough. No-knead makes this pretty easy to accomplish.

I'm currently at about 4hrs and the dough has more than doubled in size, but throughout the dough we will need many more hours for something great.

From last batch after 16hrs.

Fucking faggot kys

I like my dough a little thinner than that but that has a nice bake around the edge, looks tasty. what toppings are on it?

>spergs out in dark room as last ramen packet is consumed

Pretty american trad - pep pep, fresh garlic. My fav marinara, finished with parm-regiano fresh grated. That pic was from my first attempt, also had some parsley for color.

My last batch of dough was waiting in fridge for tonight's pizza bake. Friday was always pizza night growing up. so shall it be.

This dough was removed from tuperware in fridge, placed in greased pan for final rise. I didnt know when i would eat, but final rise can be as little as 2 hrs or long as 8.

unnnnffffffffff ignore the haters, good for you for making your own dough

>pit bull

Why?

Which realm are you on?

I play f2p twink bracket

Thank you OP, I will try this next week. Writing down the instructions right now.

Kronos. I am whimmer!

Rise up nigga

There's more coming - will unveil this dough at 7est and partition it.

Where are you niggah? I set my alarm and got up just for this.

can you hardflip

I got caught up in vidya! the dough has now been split.

first I uncovered it. then sprinkled the work surface with flour and the top of the dough within the bowl. Using a spatula and gravity, i coaxed it out onto the work surface.

Here it is before leaving the bowl. Lots of air in the dough as you can see.

Hardflip, yeah about 10 years ago. fell off when I got bit older.

For this current batch - we are splitting the dough in two and gently balling it for placement within two greased containers. simply cut the dough in half with a bench knife or chefs knife. These are best in the fridge no longer than 3 days. Freezing is possible but super not recommended for a good turnout.

There's no reason one container is bigger than the other. I'm just being a poor.

Seal these things up and in the fridge they go OR continue on to a pizza(or two).

If doing a pizza same day you need to plan for at least 2 hours final rise within the pan.

op are you the guy I made the infographic of last time?

If you are going for pizza directly after your first rise in the mixing bowl, you will have placed your dough on the work surface and split it.

Next you will take one of those dough balls and place it directly in the center of your well greased cast iron skillet. gently move the dough around with your hand in the pan to distribute the olive oil and to spread it just a TINY bit.

Now cover your pan - anything will do here, though you want a full cover of the pan. I used a sheet of cling wrap and a clean pillow case because again, being a poor. cheesecloth is ideal.

This will be covered for no less than 2 hours, and up to 8hrs on your counter top. this final rise will spread outwards, nearly filling the pan. warmer ambient room temp will accelerate this step, so if your house is say 78f, 2 hrs is plenty of time. If it is 65f maybe go at least 4hrs. I have been taught that rise times double every 13f-18f.

Yeah! that's me, doing this again more methodically. This is my 3rd run a this dough. Posting here to also help memorize it and absorb it better.

Fuck, this looks so much better than the real thing. For me, no meming, the McChicken is actually one of the worst fast food sandwiches...

One of the most important things is to preheat your oven about 30mins prior to placing the pan in the oven. GO AS HOT AS YOU CAN! If your oven goes to 9000, do it. most of us will be able to achieve 500-550f.

Now I have proofed/risen my bread in the pan for about 4hrs.

Uncover the pan and press around the dough with your finger tips to pop any huge air bubbles. Next, very carefully lift around the edges of the dough to release any bubbles that have formed underneath. Don't be discouraged at all here, just get the dough back to the edges of the pan carefully.

Time to toppy.

You can get as creative as you please with your toppings, though try to use no more than 2/3 a cup of sauce for a 10" pan pizza. I loaded on at least a cup of cheese and 1/5lb of pep pep + fresh garlic. A hot oven is key to being able to get the most of your topping situation.

With your pizza topped and oven mega hot, place your pan in on the center rack. Set your timer for 13min and don't open the oven until it's done!!!!

**While it is cooking turn your biggest burner onto med-high

yummy
i'm excited to see it finished

Grab a dang oven mitt or something - your pizza is coming out now and probably looking so good, but we are not done!

Place that pan on the burner for 2-3mins to finish the crust underneath.

My experiment was as follows:

12min bake, 2min stovetop - good
13min bake, 2min stovetop - better
15min bake, 0 stovetop - anemic crust. burning toppings.

Now that the pizza friend is complete, let's hope you have something like a silicone spatula.

Seperate the edges from the pan if there is any sticking. Do this carefully. Next, get underneath one side with your spatula, tilt the pan, spin the pan away and the pull with the spatula to bring your pizza to a safe landing onto your work surface. This move may take some practice and is highly underestimated. its all about the spin. you'll figure it out.

Finish your pie with some parmigiano-regiano for extra pts. Next is to inspect your work.

If things went well you are looking something like this. The crust should be plenty sturdy on the bottom to hold your pizza however you want. If it is soft on the bottom, you needed more time on the stovetop finishing it.

I know I probably missed a lot of things. I'll answer any questions if you have any.

>inb4 why haven't you killed yourself yet

is the underside as brown as the edge?
also it looks really good, i would love a piece.
good work, user

>M. Batali fades into the abyss

Something like this

Thanks again OP. I have to wait until I finish my cut but In 8 weeks I'll be smashing some this pizza.

never thought about using the stovetop to finish the crust. Thanks OP

What else do you make OP?

This was a good thread. I have absolutely no fucking idea where the trolling came from though. Seriously thanks for the content, I'l attempt to ake my own soon.

This looks like the noble romans pizza express in at my local gas station.

I can't imagine it working without this step. The big takeback there is that we are not preheating our cast iron pan before cooking. Some people say they par-bake the crust on stovetop first, though I have yet to try this and think it's a lot more foolproof to do it after it bakes.

I appreciate the screencap!

you're welcome user!

I cook all the time, so many things!
my last 4 before pizza:
1.Turkey and bacon paninis
2. Barbacoa (shortrib in dutch oven)
3. Steak Au Poivre (steak with peppercorn cream sauce)
4. Chicken Marsala

>mfw pizza time all the time

what's a pizza PIE? is it different from a pizza? I fucking hate amerifatards

It's a figure of speech bruv. Calm your soul.

>whats a pie?

Shitholer here, found a shitholer.

Do barbacoa or au poivre next bruh. This board always need more OC. I get a giggle out of the best McChicken threads and shit but there isn't enough actual cooking here.

kek

Next time I'm gonna make something a little more refined, I will.

Let's try to turn this into a sort of competitive pizza OC lads as a tribute to the remarkable job OP did. Although I'm not a fan of thick crust I appreciate his efforts; pizza is pizza after all.

So I'll start with this dough I made that I'm fermenting at room temp for 4 hours before I refrigerate it until tomorrow evening.
2 cups "00" flour
1/2 cup 100% hydration sourdough starter
3/4 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS EVOO
Mix until comes together. Rest 30 minutes. Knead 8 minutes. Form ball and voat with olive oil. Cover and rise at room temp then I'll put it in the fridge overnite.

Get in here and make your dough (beginners welcome) for tomorrow night and let's see the pizzas! It'll be a fun diversion from the usual.

try reversing the order; should save on some oven time.

So no lads gonna join in on making an overnight pizza dough? I'd at least expect a dinotendies, c'mon lads!

Thats not a pitbull

I like kneading dough.

Then knead some faggot, ferment overnite and make a pizza tomorrow. Kneading your chode is literally pointless, but making a pizza establishes at least a small corner in the universe for you.

about to pull some focaccia out of the oven so i won't be contributing tomorrow, but i will be monitoring!

I made pizza tonight though, did the whole thing for the first time overnight dough and all. I fucked it up a bit and it stuck to the peel really bad, so I folded it a bit and made it sort of a calzone I guess. I was pissed until I ate it and it was delicious.