Childhood is thinking Piggy and Simon were the good guys, adulthood is recognizing Jack and Roger made more sense

Childhood is thinking Piggy and Simon were the good guys, adulthood is recognizing Jack and Roger made more sense

Riveting analysis. I bet your AP Lit teacher was proud.

disqus

Adulthood is not remembering the names of the characters in Lord of the Flies.

Childhood is thinking Lord of the Flies is a literary masterpiece. Adulthood is knowing it's actually shit and Heart of Darkness is better.

>Jack and Roger made more sense

How, they destroyed every resource they had on that island. They literally took the least sustainable option.

Pfff. That's like just your opinion, man

Heart of Darkness is tremendously overrated. Literally Apocalypse Now was better. Not that I'm disagreeing that HoD is better than Lord of the Flies.

childhood is reading books
adulthood is living them

Name a book you've lived

hypersphere

Ralph was more sensible for making a signal fire early on in case one of the hallucinations caused by the heat were actually nearby ships.

Jack, on the other hand, was completely obsessed with killing that fucking pig.

Getting rescued first will benefit their survival and will give them access to all the food they can eat.

Jack was being completely unreasonable.

Suma Theologica.

kekked so hard desu senpai

Lolita

Notes from underground

;^)

the first third of the Divine Comedy

It’s called Inferno.

My diary desu

Childhood is liking Lord of the Flies, adulthood is realizing Inheritors/Spire/etc. are all better novels.

I agree with you, but implying there is more analysis to lord of the flies than basic looks at the reality of human nature is incorrect.