Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Why does chili con carne specify that it has meat.

What is chili sin carne?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=chili sin carne
youtube.com/watch?v=3WBMe6g2tFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What is chili sin carne?
beans

peppers

meat

>what is chili sin carne
banana peppers

French Mercenaries in Africa

lmgtfy.com/?q=chili sin carne

How do I know what chicken breasts to get for the best price? Do I look for the ones with the least fat?

Depends on the breast really. Chicken tends to be very lean. Some places offer trimmed breasts. Get these if you are lazy.

I prefer refering to the vegetarian version as "chili non carne" because I find it more funny

Look at the price per pound/kilo. Boneless, skinless chicken breast is always going to be the most expensive part of the chicken, especially if it's already been pre-cut into tenders or cutlets.

>chili
>non
>carne
English, French, and Mexican. Calm down there with all the different fancy languages there, Mr. International. Stop showing off.

You can just get a whole chicken for dirt cheap and cut it up. It's not hard, and all parts of the chicken are good.

So I did something odd with an impromptu smoothie. It was mostly milk but I added a splash of lemon juice to the mix and blended it for a minute. The taste was like yogurt and it was very thick without curdling. Is this a common thing? I'm not sure if it was the extra fruit of not since I used mango the first time and strawberry/coconut the second time. What the fuck did I do?

The simplest way to make cheese is to add some lemon juice to milk and let it sit. Maybe blending it prevented any large curds from forming or maybe the pectin in the fruit helped stabilize it so it didn't curdle and separate.

What's french?

Non

What's english then?

salsa

I don't know i'm not the same user, i'm just a french cook passing by.

bonjour

here's a question for you su/ck/ers: which is better, a $1 knife that has been properly sharpened with a whetstone or a $100 knife that you just use a knife steel with

A $100 knife that you use a whetstone on

Because Mexicans call peppers "chile" pronounsed cheelay
So Chile con Carne translates to meat with peppers.

Carne is meat in Spanish you uneducated twat

a typo. to be correct, it should be: "chilis in carne"

buy 100 $1 knives

you'll get at least 100 perfect cuts

bump

How long does cabbage last and can I freeze it?

What are the two greens on the right?

Got these from an Asian grocer, they were just labelled as "herbs".
I only recognise the left, which are beetroot leaves.

The original Mexican one reverses the word order, so it’s carne con chili, (red) meat with chillis

You've made homemade buttermilk/sour-milk

Although to make the true traditional buttermilk, you need to churn butter from cream. The leftover liquid will be buttermilk

several weeks, sometimes even longer than two months.
yes, freezing it is possible. it gets a little softer from it.

So I did some more research and figures the reddish ones are Amaranth. The ones on the bottom could be Yu Choy, but the other still alludes me. I fried them all up with some oyster sauce and other veges (carrot, celery, eggplant, red onion) which tastes alright. Will improve on the sauce.

a common substitution for buttermilk is regular milk with a little bit of lemon juice.

Fat = flavor

Steel my heart and take my money

No such thing
Then Again it be sauce like mole

what is the best way to make something extra spicy?

more like questions that don't even deserve this thread

Unless the steel is soft as shit and the edge folds on the first cuts.

If you're desperate for a cheap knife, go older knives and don't be stupid and let it rust. Inexpensive modern knives get a shit heat-treat. Even some of the more expensive ones, they only treat a portion of the edge-side, so it rapidly dulls even if you have it professionally sharpened.

I'm trying to one-up my overall cooking skills. What are some books and/or videos that I can read/watch? I specially want to improve my knife skills and overall dexterity.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WBMe6g2tFk

This helped me.

I don't understand twice baked potatoes. What would be the point of baking them twice?

probably with this stuff called hot sauce?

the second time you bake it with shit in it.

Bake potato halfway
scoop out innards
mix potato with whatever you usually do, bacon, cheese, sour cream, green onions and then stuff it back into the potato and bake.

shit comes out great.

ahh alright. Thanks user

Chili peppers with meat.

Are air fryers a meme? It would pay for itself in a matter of weeks without needing a shitload of oil.

I'm going to try making gnocchi tonight. What kind of sauce should I put on them? Thinking maybe something cheesy.

>Mexican
>Not Spanish
Wew lad.

chunky tomato and roquefort is awesome

Cooking with Chili's
Adding hot sauce
Using hotter peppers
There's a couple ways but the real question is what are you trying to make extra spicy?

Vegetarian chili

Nah he probably didn't let it sit for long enough for the curds to coagulate. Cheese making even simple stuff takes time.

The $100 one because the only $1 knives I've ever found are those tiny plastic multicolored pairing knives which can be super sharp but are like an inch and a half long

Make soup from bones is how I tell people who ask at my job

>Practice your knife skills on mirepoix
>Once you make stock learn about French sauces and make a few
>Break down whole chickens to turn into chicken noodle soup use the bones to make the stock
>Practice on some cuts of beef as well trimming/fabrication of cuts
>Fuck ups and scraps are good for beef and barley soup
Also adding grains like Farrow and rice pilaf that pair/go into soup well and get you more familiar with how they are cooked and the differences in cooking them (mostly water to grain ratios but some grains are glue if not cooked right and some are much either way you can fix it and learn from it).

What is the true cost to sous vide?

Crockpots with a thermometer or circulators and the cost of all the plastic bags to be used. Vacuum sealers and tubs to place the meat in with weights to hold the meat down.

I see ~$100 for a circulator but any new hobby can add up.

This show made me want to cook as a kid

>just moved
>see this thread
>want to make a banging chili
>get the ingredients
>start cooking
>realize I don't have bowls or spoons yet

I am in a predicament right now. I am considering adding rice to soak up the fluid and make it edible with a fork from a flat plate. Any suggestions?

Is baking bread (with yeast) supposed to reek of alcohol? Currently have one baking in a breadmaker and my apartment smells like I spilled 10 bottles of wine

Just eat it out of the pot?

What's your favorite thing from trader joes?

Seriously whats something good?

Part of applying for a job there is saying whats my favorite product. I've been there like 3 times in my life whats something good there? Do they have dumplings?

I'm a pretty much total newb at cooking and trying to bake breaded chicken. It turns out edible, but weirdly sticks to the parchment and is a pain to pry off.
Any tips on what may be the issue?

I make the crumbs myself from regular bread, one of the guesses is I fry them with too much oil in?

Actually, carne is Romanian.

Veeky Forums here looking to bulk up and get into meal prep (breakfast and dinner) looking for food that
>are safe to eat in large quantities (i.e daily for decade to come)
>nutritionally good
>safe to keep in the fridge for atleast 3 days and freeze for atleast a week
>can be microwave (to reheat)
so far all I can think of is
>chicken
>fish
>beans
>brown rice
please help

oh also broccoli and peas

Might want to get a better camera bub.

butter, oil, non-stick spray the paper next time.

I don't eat carne because it is resource intensive. This isn't an argument about animal welfare, ethics, or human nutritional health. When the oceans turn people from the excess hydrogen sulfide in the water, you'll remember how eating meat is responsible for 17% of worldwide pollution.

>start a stupid argument over nuts
>get your ass handed to you
>better go fuck up another thread

actually humanity's existence in general is quite bad for the planet so the best thing for you to do is to kill yourself

That OP makes me want to cry. I'm not fit to post on Veeky Forums yet.

How exactly did I get my ass handed to me? I made an informative post, the guy turned it into a competition, and yet he still lost because he consumes more than I do. What's worse is that he didn't even realize that he started the argument. It's just sad.

So much for "I'm done"

>Questions that don't deserve their own thread
Okay, I have one.

Butter or oil?
I kinda prefer butter for the superior taste, but oil doesn't jump out of the pan.

>feign to be a different person by using indirect talk
>still competing
Some people never learn. Remember not to eat nuts or meat, guy.

Oil only for frying butter for everything else

>Might want to get a better camera bub.
Yea I know it's shit, but all I got is the phone.

>butter, oil, non-stick spray the paper next time.
Oh huh. I was thinking I had too much oil present because the paper (and even the baking sheet underneath it) was feeling oily to touch after the baking, but okay I'll try.

Sorry for the really noobish question, but frying is when the oil is damn hot and you put stuff in it, right? That's not when you just put it in a pan?
Apologies, but I'm not familiar with English language when it comes to cooking.

>feign to be a different person by using indirect talk
Strange complaint considering you sidestepped the original argument in the old thread, claimed to be "done", and then started this one in a new thread
>still competing
As I showed you in the original thread, just before you decided you were "done", you made it a competition.
>Remember not to eat nuts or meat
But as I told you before, I eat both.

So, are you done, or not?

I didn't sidestep from anything, in fact, you changed my original argument by introducing the competition clause of 'not owning a vehicle'. How can you be this retarded?
You go ahead and not keep driving, but also stop eating meat and nuts.

We both know who made it a competition and it was not me. I'm not retyping the post you ignored when you realized you looked like a fool

If you're done, you're done

I assume it's the nihilism non-sequitur, why even get there if like I said, a green human is a dead human? My argument was to stop the consumption of nuts, you turned it into something else. I don't understand why you couldn't have simply said that would would not stop eating nuts, but no, you had to justify your disgusting nut-and-meat eating behavior by explaining how it's OK to do so by not driving. You don't win arguments when a person doesn't give any consideration to any of your irrelevant posts, much less when you derail the original argument.
Abstinence from specific consumption has nothing to do with nihilism and existential attitudes have no place in this discussion in any way. Stop catastrophizing and stop eating nuts.

>Come to Veeky Forums for the first time to ask a question about bread
>see this
Ah, I see every board has their own autism. I'll go back to /v/

i bought a gammon joint today, i have no idea how to cook

how the fuck do i easily cook it? i can only roast it.