Reminder that the best way to kill a lobster is to boil it

Reminder that the best way to kill a lobster is to boil it

Other urls found in this thread:

cookingissues.com/index.html?p=5731.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CjHREPceKwI&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>eating insects

I mean there really isn't a lot humans can't consume. So it makes sense to eat it if you can digest it.

crustacea are not insects

t. lobster

What's wrong with insects?

Just throwing the lobster into boiling water is the worst way to cook it. Make sure to anesthetize it first.

cookingissues.com/index.html?p=5731.html

Rate my bumper sticker

stop eating crabs

nothing. they are wholesome and biblically allowed.
seabugs however are disgusting unclean creepy crawlies that eat death

desert religions belong in the desert

t. a 5-year-old

technically they are in the arachnoid kingdom like scorpions

Not OP, but topkek/10 for sure

>arachnoid kingdom
And no they aren't arachnids. They're crustaceans.

They're both arthropods

Kingdom- Animalia
Subphylum- Crustacea
Class- Malacostraca
Order- Decapoda
Superfamily- Nephropoidea
Family- Nephropidae

No, you idiot.

Technically, locusts are the only insect considered kosher according to the Jews.

obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=CjHREPceKwI&

You eat death too, user.
How do reconcile this sin with your backwards religious morality?

>third world thinking

I had these spiced locusts once in Arab land many years ago and they were actually pretty good
Crunchy and sort of tasteless without the seasoning but it was incredibly satisfying to bite the head off of something

And? Just because they're in the same phylum doesn't mean they are the same

literally tells you to tape your lobster Jesus fuck 0/10

As a lobster fisherman, I can confirm

Here's how the process goes in detail:

>Catch lobster
>Lobster is placed in a crate (can hold 100 lbs at a time)
>The crates are stored in a wooden bilge called a "Lobster car" until it's time to sell at a good price
>As many as 1-2% of the lobsters are dead from storage
>Lobster is sold to lobster processing plant (Ive worked in one before)
>Thousands of lobsters are processed daily, and I've seen as many as 3 fishboxes (4x4x4 ft filled with dead lobsters, overflowing.
>The lobster is shipped, with even more dying (I have no idea at this point, but I'm sure there's a lot)
>a trained chef cuts from the thorax to the head, which generally doesn't kill it immediately.
>In fact, I've cut several myself, and I know for a fact, even when I tried my darnest to absolutely mutilate it, it was still alive.
>As a side note, we sometimes use the bycatch crabs as bait, and we put them on an inch thick spindle; the crab sometimes survives until we haul again the next day; the same principle applies to lobsters.
>Some chef chill their lobsters which may or may not induce pain; I would assume it does, because lobsters can die in cold just as easily as heat.
>Chilling an animal to "Calm it down" would be cruel and unusual form of animal abuse, so why do it to lobsters?
>Anyway, I'm an experienced lobster-fisherman/worker
>I've taken several lobsters home to cook, and I've lived around it all my life
>The best and quickest way to kill a lobster is to place it in a pot of boiling water, and steam it. Within seconds, it WILL die.
>No nerves can survive in that heat for that long.

It's the quickest method.

>They're still moving, even when cut completely in half.
>Humane.
>Literally boiling a lobster alive is inhumane, though it kills it way quicker.

Lobsters are such simple animals that they can't prosess pain. They feel panic (simple evasion) and touch, but their nerves are so simple they don't feel pain

bullshit.

jeeeesus who else here glad they #notcrustacean

We are in the same phylum as these fucking things, that doesn't mean we are closely related

Anything to back up that fact ?

I remember being 15

They have complex setae which allow them to percieve the outside world through touch and picking up chemical signatures. They don't have the same nervous system chordates do but they do have a way to respond to their environment, and it's reasonable to assume they feel pain.

Pain is our body sending us signals that shit's bad and we need to avoid whatever is sending that signal. Lobsters certainly act like they are in pain, so why assume they don't feel pain at all?

I'm not against boiling them but your whole post is really fucking stupid, as evidenced by "Lobsters are such simple animals"

I don't know if this is just a bait thread and I didn't get the memo, but the best way to kill a lobster is to stick a knife in the head and chop down the middle.
Boiling a live lobster is inhumane, chefs don't do that. They kill it first.

That was a lot of effort for such a bs post.

A lobster would likely try and perpetuate the meme so as to remain unappealing

>this again

Reminder that this is now officially illegal to do in Switzerland.