ITT: Food Opinions that Annoy You

>Man child immediately sees a brown sauce
>"That looks like diarrhea"
I see this all the time on Veeky Forums, and it never fails to annoy me.

lmao who blew ass on your omlette fag?

>"You need a wok to make good fried rice"
The wok meme is one of the most obnoxious and untrue of all of them.

looks like diarrhea

Looks like my shit after t bell lmao

it is, but stir fry in a wok is better than pan. it's at least more fun to use.

i don't get this meme either especially since most home environments can't even heat a wok properly

Omurice?

you are so much right

Its bretty good.

Spotted the weeb

>spotted the weeb
>as he posts on a weeb website

Any time a picky eater acts like their opinion has any merit.
>tomatoes are shit on burgers
etc.
Just fuck off.

People who act like they're on some internet crusade against deep dish pizza without ever having tried it.
People who claim to dislike things they've never tried in general.

>"Meatloaf is awful."
People just haven't had a good meatloaf.

Looks like diarrhea tbqh famalamawhambamthankyouma'am

Woks are only useful with a large burner. Don't even get me started about flat bottom "woks"

tomato is objectively shit in every form

They are stuck in what Freud called the anal phase. There's quite a few undeveloped manchildren on Veeky Forums

>had "wok" station at uni cafeteria
>electric heater
>ingredients (aka "standard chingchong veggie mix") were simmering in sauce for maybe half an hour before being served over super salty rice
>it was basically stew

Sounds more like your opinion is objectively shit in every form.

OP's pic looks disgusting. There are a few cultural recipes that are so much a poverty food that it doesn't matter if it's tasty, it'll just be stupid to have gravy where it isn't part of the preparation of a meat that is served, that lends some grossness to it. I'm talking about any meal that logically shouldn't contain thickened drippings of meat in copious quantities minus the meat. Whether this is 2 cups of japanese curry with 1 cube of meat per serving, the abomination of soggy fries with gravy that is Canadian poutine, or actual indian food where bread is used to sop up gravy that is made from reconstituted packets of mix but doesn't require meat to make. It's all very gross.

That said, anyone who thinks mexican mole is gross is plain stupid. That's not gravy. It's a real sauce, a luxury blend of chilies, nuts, spices, and almost always amazing.

I'll never understand the hate tomatoes get. Is it the taste? The texture? I love tomatoes in all forms. Granted some tomatoes are garbage. Mostly those sold off season in large grocery stores that are grown in greenhouses on nothing but nitrates

that looks like diarrhea

What kind of sauce is that though?

keklet

> actual indian food where bread is used to sop up gravy that is made from reconstituted packets of mix but doesn't require meat to make

You've never been to India. The vast majority of Indian sauces are vegetable/fruit based, and I literally cannot think of a meat dish in which the meat and sauce do not cook together.

What's in the wrap?

It just occurred to me that we only ever use fit and attractive males in the “gay” reaction pics. I mean, you really think anyone gay posting on Veeky Forums would look like that on average? Photos of the Veeky Forums social gatherings would dissuade otherwise.

>What kind of sauce is that though?
A brown one.

that's because uggos feel the need to demonize attractiveness like it'll give them a better shot at a hot girlfriend

I'm kinda picky but wish I weren't. I want to enjoy all the things but like your example of tomatoes...I can't get beyond the the slimy consistency of the seeded area. I dislike salmon but hear everyone say how amazing it is and would love to enjoy it the way they seem to. And cilantro, seems like it's in everything and people go apeshit for it but it tastes like a mouthful of laundry detergent to me. I do keep my opinions to myself unless someone asks me why I'm not eating a particular item though.

inb4 tide pods

>And cilantro, seems like it's in everything and people go apeshit for it but it tastes like a mouthful of laundry detergent to me.
It is iterally and unironically just your shit genes that causes that.

>Beans belong in chili

No they dont

It's omurice so probably a chicken fried rice with a tomato based sauce obviously wrapped in a egg sheet with ketchup normally

Here's one I see all the time on Veeky Forums:
>pizza with properly charred crust
>EWWWWWWW IT'S BURNED!!!

>pizza
The food of tastelet manchildren.

taco bell ruined my asshole amirite eksde

Correct.

I hate brown sauce, I’m almost falling asleep just looking at it.

>posts anime
>is retarded
Wow who would have thought?

I'm aware of the genetic factor. Still would love to be able to try it and see what it is like and why people love it so much.

Lmao did my pos trigger you that much? A cold wet slice is objectively bad on a hamburger.

>when food isn't properly seasoned, comes out bland as fuck and its "good"

Didn't happen to me but it happened to a buddy of mine. His mom sucked so bad at cooking he called it "the unseasoned oppression"

>ITT: Food Opinions that Annoy You
>thinking Veeky Forums is a board about Food & Cooking
>not realizing it's a shitpost training ground for newfags

>You've never been to India. The vast majority of Indian sauces are vegetable/fruit based

It's like you are implying the best Indian food is not made outside of India, when everyone knows that to be true.

>I'm aware of the genetic factor. Still would love to be able to try it and see what it is like and why people love it so much.
It tastes green and fresh, much as a bite of fresh jalapeno, bell pepper, or another herb like basil, green onion, dill, parsley...green flavor.
It also tastes slightly citrusy, in that good floral citrus zest kind of way.
The essence of coriander, the powdered root of cilantro is present, and it's an aromatic too, almost a celery leaf flavor. Harder to describe, I almost liken it to fennel fronds, almost licorice-y.

It would suck not to like it, I copious use it on asian food as well as mexican pursuits. I think you could use fresh scallions equally as often, or basil, or parsley to add that herbal freshness.

The rest of humanity disagrees.

>I can't get beyond the the slimy consistency of the seeded area
So just accept that this aversion is irrational and try it knowing that everyone else handles it fine.

Really shitty pizza put me off tomato as kid, I still don't like it as a base on pizza but I got over disliking all tomatoes when I started cooking for myself and realised how versatile they are.

>you = rest of humanity

>"I am an adult therefore I don't eat ____, that food is only for children"

At least picky eaters will tell you they don't like something instead of pretending their pickiness is refinement. Congratulations on growing up, that means you can take the kids to McDonalds while the adults eat in peace.

yeah dude this

Worst food meme is one that you idiots fall for constantly, ie:

>olive oil can be substituted for any oil

Olive oil is a terrible cooking oil, it's COLD pressed specifically to maximize the flavour. The second you cook it you might as well be using vegetable oil, and if you actually fry anything in it you're an idiot because it will immediately go rancid and give nothing but the taste of plasticine.

Olive oil should be properly used by drizzling it after or near the end of cooking as a topping to add an olive flavour to the dish.

You may not be able to do 600 degree 30 second frys at home, but woks are still designed to absorb and spread out a lot of heat so you can cook on the highest setting and quickly heat up the vegetables and noodles without cooking the shit out of them which gets a nice crisp texture to it. Also

>it's at least more fun to use.
Throwing around veggies like the chinks on TV is hella fun.

A++

ur gonna get a lot of h8 bb gurl but I just want you to no that ur 100% right

-//———-
L I T E R A L L Y

I

T

E

R

A

L

L

Y