Guys help...

Guys help, for a laugh I started watching Slavoj Zizek videos on YouTube ironically and now I'm starting to agree with him. How do I fix this!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bdrIkYF8HRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can't fix what ain't broke

fpbp

reflect on what he is actually saying and you'll realise that apart from the initial premise everything he says is largely insubstantial

>the greatest practitioner of Pokemon Go, I think, was Adolf Hitler

I fucking love Zizek's attitude in his talks. It's like the man is purely shameless and couldn't care less if people are taking him seriously.

youtube.com/watch?v=bdrIkYF8HRQ

At around 8:17

All that sniffing and those tics have actually brainwashed you like The Manchurian Candidate. Just enjoy the ride.

And so on

Are his thoughts on ideology worth while? I find myself agreeing with it from what I've heard.

wow so he's a real traditionalist then

>So you can explain your ideology eh
>lol that was not you ideology then

>The Manchurian Candidate
i saw this book being read in an x-files episode and googled it. Now i keep seeing it everywhere. Is it worth reading?

There's no cure for stupid.

never change a running system

Grab an economics textbook.
He's right about the rest.

nothing wrong with it, zizek is the perfect right wing philospher, if you listens what he actually says instead of what he pretends he is saying it's clear as the day

my thoughts exactly

>Today it’s these new alt-right people who are acting physically violent. They represent the decay of common morality and decency.

he's not even rightwing, he's actually boringly centrist, which is why he is commercially successful and able to publish op-eds in the nytimes saying isis are bad and should be bombed by america etc.

plebs thing they're listening to something radical because he mentions marx in between jokes

Have you read any of his books? They're definitely far left.

yes yes, it's a nice observation that he says to be nice and throw some crumbs to the left, he does that often

but zizek celebrates filth all over his works and he is very clear in the sublime object that all ideology creates a dark obverse mirror image of what's repressed, so not sure why he is pretending now to enjoy polite society and that the insane obsession that the left has with being totally clean and pure is not going to generate the opposite

i think he is out of his element now that the culture wars are on the open and we don't live in a supposedly post-ideological world anymore, he is an old man and he is not catching up with technology and the current times

yes, he is far left, but that's the starting position he takes, not something that follows from what he actually writes

he will throw now and then an exaggerated claim like "we should remain true to the idea of communism" or something similar but it doesn't really follow from anything he is clearly arguing, he just adds it for flavor

agree about what? he hardly argues for anything, he just pinpoints stuff

Remember that he once said that all of his pop culture books are just procrastination from his 2000 pages long Hegel analysis.

when push comes to shove and he is pressed about any issue he is just a run-of-the-mill globalist with some communist flavor from the balkans

That's why he writes books. Have you heard of books? It's where you read solid theory.

Yes. Its founded in continential philosophy. Read The Sublime Object of Ideology.

This is good content explained poetically

is he a meme or is he actually good at anything?

Zizek is not wrong, in fact he mainly spouts truism. I genuinely can't believe that Amwrican audiences actually can't understand fluidly what people like Zizek and Chomsky are saying in their interviews (which are semplified for uneducated or barely educated audiences). It's stuff that you could put in the background and still understand it clearly, yet to these people it comes off as barely understandable.
It's almost as if these people are going at a different, slower speed compared to me. It's either that, or people here literally never have picked up a philosophy book in their life.

>THESIS: is he a meme
>ANTITHESIS: or is he actually good at anything
SYNTHESIS: He's good at being a meme.

>compares ever repeating retries (failing and trying again) with De Sade's characters
But that's arguably the weakest point of De Sade's writing. You can notice that he tried his hardest to avoid it in 120 Days of Sodom where he does his best to keep a constant progression in terms of depravity (In Justine there was way too much up and down in that regard). You can see why he hoped for it to become his magnum opus. Too bad he never finished it.

Nitpick: Juliette isn't a victim character. That would be Justine.

Man your smart, you should join my Rick and Morty private page

It is not surprising that you started agreeing with him, what is truly surprising is that your will to disagree ironically made you agree EVEN MORE. AS IF by pulling at the fabric of our disbelief, we reveal it for WHAT IT TRULY IS. We begin to disagree with DISAGREEMENT ITSELF.

THIS is ideology in the 21st century social democracy

And so on SNIFF

dipshit