Was Pozzo Godot?

Was Pozzo Godot?

No.

No

Yes. No. Maybe.

Godot derives from the Middle English "goddot", which literally means "God knows". So "Waiting for God Knows What".

Pozzo was a symbol of how great it is to have no free will

Can it be any more obvious that Pozzo is England?

Can I read The Trilogy with English being my second language? The only books I've read in their original language are The New York Trilogy, Grapes of Wrath and The Road, which aren't particualry challenging, prose-wise.

if he was godot then he would have been called godot

This but unironically, Beckett is much less obfuscatory than people think.

But there was a point where Vladimir and Estragon thought he might have been Godot. Was this just a red herring?

But the play was written in French. Maybe godot means big turd in Tahitian but it has no relevance.

How does the etymology of a word used deliberately have no relevance? Beckett translated the play and Beckett was intelligent enough to know the implications

>What did the author mean???????

Haven't you heard? The author's dead. It's time for the birth of the reader lads

Read Joyce first

Was Pozzo pozzed?

I don't know.

Beckett is a hack
Ionesco >>> Genet >>>>>> power gap >>>>>> Beckett

>Pozzo
I fucking hate Pozzos, stupid Italian kike whores.

Pozzo is a filthy Italian whore. Disgusting alcoholic bitch.

Written in French, but not by a Frenchman. Furthermore, the non-Frenchman in question was a friend and protegée of language expert James Joyce and a scholar of language in his own right, he knew very well what he was doing.