How do you make 10/10 fried rice?

How do you make 10/10 fried rice?

I don't mean the poorfag way of using leftovers and whatever's left. I mean if you wanted to make some delicious shit and you're willing to buy what you need.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UzbRwICWODk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Day old rice is a key ingredient to 10/10 jackass.

Par-cook rice without draining the starch. Stir-fry after tossing it with finely cut meat, vegetables, eggs, and seasoning.

It's that easy.

Since no one is helping you, here’s my recipe
-Jasmine Rice
-Garlic
-Onion
-Butter
-Soy Sauce
-Frozen Peas, Carrots, Mini Onions
-Bacon
-Chicken
-Vegetable Oil
-4-5 Eggs

Cooking Rice is easy. Remember to use 2 Cups of Water for every cup of Rice. Add Butter, Salt, and A whole onion, and a few cloves of Garlic. Once that’s done, set it aside. Don’t worry if it’s a little undercooked, cuz we’re frying that bitch

In a separate Pot, boil the frozen veggies. Strain when done and set to the side.

In a meme pan, fry up some bacon. 1/2 lbs should be enough. Chop it up and set aside. Save the bacon grease tho.

Up next, butter and oil your meme pan and Grill your chicken thoroughly well. About 10 mins. Marinating it is up to you. I like to use a good amount for seasoning salt for this. After it’s cooked, chop it up to chunks and set aside

Cook 5 beats eggs in your meme pan with a little butter and oil. Set aside

Essembly
-Use a large pot or wok
-Heat Up pot and throw in the bacon grease along with a generous amount of vegetable oil
-First add the rice
-After the rice slightly changes color, add in the veggies
-Stir
-Add the chicken and bacon
-Stir
-Drizzle a generous amount of soy sauce over everything and here that sizzle
-The rice should be browned up by now
-Finally mix in the egg
-Let cool and serve in a bowl
(Personally love it with Sriracha)
Enjoy!

Why is your rice pre-seasoned? It will be extra salty. Use plain rice kept overnight in the fridge to dry it ou a little. Using freshly cooked rice will cause it to clump during the stir frying process.

youtube.com/watch?v=UzbRwICWODk

if you're a westerner you automatically get docked 1.5 points out of 10 on your fried rice attempt. so it's impossibre for you gweilo

jasmine is 1:1 water to rice you dumb mong. nothing worse than fried rice made with soggy fucking rice

>cooks egg first
>before veg
>before RAW CHICKEN
>mixes powdered stock and dashi right in like it was fucking salt (rather than turning it into a sauce before hand)

terrible fucking video. the guy is japanese too, so no surprise his 'recipe' is westernized to all fuck.

How many points deducted if I'm a hagwei?

>gweilo
You lose 3 points if you're a Jap. Nobody gives a shit about Jap fried rice, dude.

>hagwei

stick to fried chicken and grits blackie

Looks too wet, if you make the rice the day before then it is better and less soggy.

>bacon

My Indonesian family always made it this way:

Rice is a day old. Veg is whatever needs to be in it (fried rice or nasi as they call it means you throw in whatever is left over)

You could do:
- chicken left over diced up or pork belly which is premade diced up
- corn
- peas
- spring onion
- pre made scrambled eggs

Use some oil, throw in some minced garlic and ginger. Throw in the meat whatever choice you made, then peas, corn and spring onion. Lastly the premade eggs.

It doesn't have to fry just warm it up.

Skoop in your rice bit by bit and mix it up with the ingredients.
Now you have filthy westerner nasi which you have to spice up.

Indonesian kitchen uses the following:
Ketjap Manis is basically a thickened version of sweet soy sauce.
Ketjap Asin which is the salty version.
You throw on a bit of both, less of the salty one though. This is what gives it this brown color.
Then you throw in sambal (manis or badjack, badjack is ont he hot sweet side, badjack is entry level hot).

Sorry manis is sweet and hot.

Personally if I were to make Japanese fried rice I would use shrimp paste, pork belly and small shrimp, peas, spring onion, egg and corn.

Maybe throw in some sambal anyway to spice it up. But basically use rice that is a day old so it is dried out a bit.

Precook ingredients, throw in rice and mix it up then do the sauce bit.

Shiet
What if I made Chinese fried chicken? Do I get Hagwei point bonus /10?

>I don't mean the poorfag way of using leftovers

That's the origin of many recipes and in fact, those recipes end up tasting pretty good.

It’s a Mexican thing to add bacon to fried rice

Well, 10/10 is indeed planned leftovers used. You need to roast a pork loin or ideally some pork belly. Use chinese BBQ sauce glaze on that. You also need cold rice.

You need a "slurry" of sauce to pour over the stir frying rice. I suggest low sodium tamari, fresh ginger, beef stock, toasted sesame oil, orange zest, rice vinegar, chili paste, optional fish sauce.
In cast iron screaming hot, saute onion, celery, yard long beans, savoy cabbage, carrot, mushroom (or your pick of veggies in season). You are adding veggies in order of doneness needed to end up with all crisp tender and lightly browned. To pan, push aside veggies or remove, warm up the sliced pork pieces, push aside, reseason with oil, turn down heat, add cold rice, pressing down with back of spoon or spatula, then add veggies back on top of rice, and LEAVE IT a moment to allow rice to brown and come up to temperature. Once hot again, pour over most of your slurry of flavored soy sauce to deglaze up some bits, and LEAVE IT to brown again. Dont touch it. Do not toss it around like a crazy man with an actual wok, but leave it to make a nice browned crust. Carefully, flip over sections of rice a big chunk at a time. Add more sauce, LEAVE IT, and once a new section is browned, stop chopping up and flipping the rice a couple more times to add new browned areas and incorporate the veggies a touch more evenly.

I forgot my egg in that. I usually cook it separately with a single tsp of soy to the egg batter, and then fold it in at the end. A crispy fried egg is also delicious on top of fried rice. You can add curry to the rice if you make it often, and want some variety.

fucking right

One of the key things is to use peanut oil when frying.

1:1.5

i typically measure less than a full cup for each cup though so the rice is drier.

fried rice is kinda fucky. i grew up eating vietnamese fried rice which doesnt use any soy sauce but has delicious chinese sausage. my gf likes hibachi style fried rice with peas and carrots in it. typically when i make it myself i just use garlic, onion & chicken.

i found a long ass picture from a chinese dude that posted how they make it but i cant find it.

>poorfag way of using leftovers and whatever's left

That's traditional fried rice cause everyone in olden time asia was a poorfag.

>bacon
>soy sauce and butter

lmoa

also
>(Personally love it with Sriracha)

high heat around 500 degrees and a wok

I fucking hate Chinese sausage. Nothing against you just had to vent

>Order from the local Chinky.
>Find an Asian wife.
It will literally never turn out as nice as it tastes when you order out so don't bother.

>20160206-fried-rice-food-lab-68-1500x1125.jpg

I wonder if there's an article that goes along with that picture.

day old rice meme

the dryer your rice the better
beat an egg
mix soy sauce and soy sauce paste(soy paste)
chop 3 stems of scallion and 3-5 cloves of garlic

use some oil to first fry the eggs and and the garlic
then turn the heat on high and pour in the rice, then pour the soy sauce mixture in a circle from the out side of the rice
after that add in a little more oil to help the rice stay seperated and quickly fry the mixture
then proceed to add the scallions and fry for a little while and you're done

Do almost everything in small batches over high heat so it actually browns. You want the rice to actually fry and get a little brown and crispy, most places make it too soggy.

First fry a bit of garlic and ginger in the oil for like 30 seconds just to flavor it, don't let it brown because brown garlic can get a little bitter. Take it out of the oil and set it aside. Next do sliced onion, but use a lot of onion, fried rice without enough onion is kind of bland. You can let the onion brown if you want it a little sweeter, or not. Take it out of the onion and set it aside.

After that do your vegetables, you want them to get sear marks so make sure the heat is high enough and that the pan or wok is fully heated. I don't like crisp-tender vegetables so I use par-cooked ones for this, but if you do like crisp tender veg use raw ones. Take the veg out and set aside.

After that do your meat, thinly sliced beef/chicken/pork and something for more flavor like a dried or cured meat. Best if you marinate the meat first in soy/garlic/ginger/etc. This will cook quickly so again make sure the heat is high enough to get sear marks before overcooking it, then take out and set aside.

Do the eggs now, just scramble some eggs with a bit of soy sauce, cook until your preference of doneness, set aside.

Do the rice, fry over high heat and regularly stir so the rice actually gets brown and crisp. Once the rice is done, just add everything else back in and season with soy, sesame oil, pepper, five spice, or whatever else you want.

Also you can add a little vinegar at the end too, not enough to make it taste vinegary, but just to balance everything else out.