What are some foods to eat to help reduce the risk of contracting flu?

What are some foods to eat to help reduce the risk of contracting flu?

Garlic.

food isn't medicine, get a flu shot

>what you eat doesn't affect the strength of your immune system

and honey

A vaccine.

Other than this (and regularly washing your hands/not touching your face) I heard that zinc is supposed to be good for cold/flu.

Echinacea. I haven't had a cold or flu in the 5+ years since I started taking it every morning *knock on wood*. We grow our own and make a tea out of it which I drink every morning.

elderberry tea

Retarded ameriburger everybody.

raw garlic and ginger always helps me with a sore throat

Raw garlic and brandy. Kogelmogels, zinc, kombucha.

Thanks for the advice medfag especially since this years shot was only 10% effective but you've been too busy enjoying your ski condo in vail and yacht in the caribbean to notice that. What'd you pirates put in it this year, saline solution and egg yolk so you could pocket the extra cash? Profiteering pirate scum.

thanks, but I'd rather not get autism

Bump

yes the flu shot was shit this year, and I say that as a person who has no spleen and keeps an eye on these things. It's still the best option. Food isn't going to shit beyond having a balanced diet.

You had flu propaganda on your local news today too?

It is, vitamin c is a meme but zinc actually works

I just heard it was some especially deadly flu strain and I’d just rather not get it.

>vitamin c is a meme
no, it is just much easier to get your daily value of vitamin c than it is zinc so you never experience not getting enough vitamin c because it's virtually impossible.

My local channel said the same thing, right before telling me that going outside greatly increases my risk of heart disease, and that millions of banana peels have been recalled due to choking hazards.

>everyone in the neighborhood and at work has flu
>CDC declares a widespread flu epidemic
>Fox declares it's fake news cause oranges are in charge.
>note to CDC: "flu" is an off limits vocabulary term, thank you, I'm great and it never happened.

Something spicy to open up your sinuses to reduce the risk of a systemic infection.

t. teacher

you are a giant faggot and i hope the flu kills you and your neighborhood.

No one I know currently has the flu. Your point is nulled and your post forgotten.

>Food isn't going to shit beyond having a balanced diet.

>mfw humans have been using food as medicine for the entirety of their existence but a couple generations of western medical science propaganda has soyboys across the globe convinced that what they eat has nothing to do with their health and the only way to prevent or cure disease is to pay Dr. Shekelberg to give them a bunch of shots and pills

Your ancestors are lmaoing at you, kid.

Shut it down, Mordecai, they're on to us!

This. Chicken soup with a pinch of cayenne or a chopped Serrano pepper in it.

hot ginger tea with honey is both comfy and healthy

A generally healthy person eating a healthy diet will be more resistant to common illnesses. But, a newly mutated flu strain means you have no immunity to it and no amount of folk remedies or even vaccines can do anything. In these cases, public health and personal hygiene plays a more important role. If you're down with flu, stay home. Don't spread it. Wash your hands, wear masks during commuting and cover your sneeze etc. If you still get the flu, then a healthy body due to healthy diet will recover faster. Take the best of modern medicine and traditional wisdom.

>I heard that zinc is supposed to be good for cold/flu.

No.

ZInc is ONLY effective against a common cold that is due to a rhinovirus. And then only if allowed to melt in your mouth and coat your throat.

If you eat it, it does absolutely nothing about the cold. It takes direct contact with the virus to do anything at all.

Research shows that Vitamin C increases the growth of cancers. Only if you take nearly fatal amounts of Vitamin C does it not do this.