Is the history of an idea as important as the idea itself?

Is the history of an idea as important as the idea itself?
Why?

Because all Philosophy is a thinly-disguised means to intellectually dominate others with a logic system framed to exalt your preferred conception of the world

It is when it suits my needs and it isn't when it doesn't.

Holy shit that's the most postmodern relativist bullshit thing I've ever heard.

>implying the history of the idea isn't already subsumed under the idea itself

See look, I'm already triggering a /pol/tard and

in english, doc

all ideas are just copies of earlier ideas

Tom Sawyer is literally Don Quixote

Start with the Greeks

Not him but all ideas necessarily contain implicitly the histories of themselves, but I think he misunderstood that the question was getting at the importance of understanding, in full and not merely by outcome, the history that lead to the creation of the idea

>Not him but all ideas necessarily contain implicitly the histories of themselves

How are you defining idea here?

>Not him but all ideas necessarily contain implicitly the histories of themselves
do they? when someone thinks about a book do they necessarily ponder over the role of gutenberg and chinese printers on the medium?

Just read philosophy and you'll find it to be more or less true. Not entirely true but in a general sense, definitely.

Think of it in relation to Foucault, he wanted to find times when humans were happy and then examine what was different. One idea could be power and how it was applied to people back in the day compared to how. Ideas might have been applied to human life in such a way that benefited us more than the current idea.

Of course not, hence the 'implicit'

Why do people think analytics don't engage with the history of ideas?. A continental attempting to understand the history of the question of Being in order to frame the problem properly will turn to the past. An analytic trying to understand the epistemic status of the scientific method will turn to the history of science. Why the hostility?

Just read Rorty, stupid faggot.

Well, according to Veeky Forums you wouldn't be able to understand the idea itself, without properly knowing the history of ideas that built up to it.

In what way is tom Sawyer like Don Quixote?

Are you a trumptard?

Have did the first idea form?

Prehistoric people fucked your mom.

philosophy proves that we can't have it any other way though.

unless you're a math autist i guess.

why the fuck muricans use term continental philosphy? in europe we dont use it.

In Europe you also don't use your cocks.

yeah, we are not animals

why the fuck europeans use the term american football? in america we dont use it.

If the final purpose of the idea is to be put into practice, then it is important. We have to see how it did when tried and then either adjust it or dispose of.

i hope you're joking