What do you think of this chili, Veeky Forums?

What do you think of this chili, Veeky Forums?

Looks watery desu, you need some cornbread to soak up that sauce.

Also, adding onion, peppers, and tomatoes will make any chili more delicious.

This and corn

>beans

shit chili

Needs more meat and less to no beans. Also thicken it up a bit. Looks oily. Other than that it looks ok I guess.

Looks like disgusting bean soup. Real Chili doesn't look like that or have beans in it at all.

Looks fine, but what kind of chili peppers and seasonings did you use?

>beans
neck yourself

Are you using ground beef? Might as well throw beans in. Fucking ruined from the start anyway.

shut it you assholes

Cooking is about innovation and creative use of ingredients. Do you think adhering to some century old recipe for trail food is going to earn you points with the chili gods.
Enjoy your pemmican you fucking nitwits

remove sour cream, cheese, and meat, and It would be ok.

(you)

It looks watery. If you're going to use beans they need to cook out long enough for the starch to bond with the fat of the meat. Reduce the amount of crushed tomato if that's what you're using or include some tomato paste.
Your bean to tomato to meat ration should be equal. If you don't have much meat favor the beans in the ratio.

I don't have to take that from someone who likes beans in their chili

This. Texas chilifags are the equivalent of a gaggle of italian grandmas arguing about how to make bolognese.

Literally looks like some fat fuck's diarrhea. Work on your shit before posting it, bro. 4/10, to be generous.

Everybody likes beans in my chili. I make hi grade food. That's why people pay for it.

You. You're alright.

I use green bell peppers in mine in addition to onion, garlic and tomatoes.
Also, beer and some dark cocoa powder.

Looks like a fucking

>Beans
Do you think that's chili you are eating?

Needs cornbread or fritos

Dont listen to anyone who says beans dont belong in chili, they dont understand what chili is to begin with

watery and full of beans. also looks like you only used ground beef. pretty sad, famalam.

>sees faggots arguing that beans and ground beef don't go in chili
Apparently Veeky Forums is full of soyboys with stretchy, loose, soy-filled manpussies.
That chili actually looks pretty smacking what seasonings did you use

would eat

what's the yellow stuff?

I made chili the other day, instead of normal chilis I dumped in some chipotles in adobo sauce. Yours looks really nice OP I like the touch of the red pepper flakes.

Chili should just be beans with spice, no meat, no cheese, no cream.

Chili should just be beans with spice, no meat, no cheese, no cream.
and carrots, peas, lentils, some ginger powder... is heaven.

This is true.

What the fuck? No that's just spicy bean water, you retard.

Save the grease from the beef, put it into another pan and add masa de harina and make an Espagnole sort of sauce to add back in later. Don't use the same spices as the rest of the chili, they'll have a nice contract.

^how to eliminate watery chili

it's not 'watery' at all. it's very thick and tastes delicious. I eat it every day, so adding meat and cheese would be too fattening.

So it's spicy bean stew instead, not chili.

chili is a type of stew.

Chili isn't just bean water. Chili has meat.

>Chili has meat
In your dreams meaty sweety!

I like Chili like this with beef, beans, cheese, and sour cream.

Dont forget my crackers!

Meat for muscles bb

Oyster or saltine? Random strangers will judge harshly if you answer incorrectly.

Saltine.

I can eat half a pack with a bowl of good chili

Where's the rice?

How many memes can you shove in one post?
Do you ever go outside?

I'd eat it if it was tasty, since I'm not a child. A side of corn bread would be nice.

Tastes great user, thanks.

If it has beans, it's not chilli

Just slop

I'm here to samefag and "Ground meat chili with beans" is a separate dish that non-mexicans make because it tastes good.
All of the autists in North East Mexico (i.e. Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, etc.) can suck it.
Yes, "ground meat chili with beans" is just a stew, but it is a delicious one.

I personally either use stew beef or chuck roast depending on the consistency that I want.

Well, "real chili" is also a dish where one finely cubes pieces of beef (a London Broil is great for this) and cook them in a sauce made from ground dehydrated chile peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, etc. That isn't the same dish as "ground meat chili with beans".

The English language is fluid, and so too are the recipes for a dish, as it varies by region.
Ground meat with chili beans is chili
If chili is the last bastion of your culture that you feel the need to fight for, good for you I guess

Chili shouldn't be soupy, shouldn't be pasty either.

It should be just the right consistency that you can eat the entire thing by just dipping it with chips over and over.

you have no idea whay youre talking about.

OP dont listen to the autists...most have never made chili. Beans are fine as long as there arent too many.

If you want to tighten it up you can add a bit of cornmeal or masa harina and let it simmer a bit but there is nothing wrong with loose chili...gives the cornbread and crackers something to do. You can also puree some of your beans. Your chili looks more seperated than watery...i would try cornmeal.

And for you purests...
Ive eaten your "award winning" chili many times. I have made your precious texas red...many times. I have read your recipes for "authentic chili" again...many times.

Authentic award-winning Texas chili is garbage.

>Authentic award-winning Texas chili is garbage
That's as ridiculously extreme as the italian grandma texasfags. If I'm eating a bowl of chili I want ground meat and beans, but what the texas faggots call chili works great as a burrito or taco filling. But yeah, to eat it as a standalone stew is disgusting.

>too extreme
Is it? Have you eaten "award winning" Texas Red? There is nothing wrong with beanless chili...nothing wrong Texas Red...nor CASI approved chili made according to their guidelines. The problem is with what has been considered the "prefered flavor profile" over the last 40 years. CASI sanctioned chili competions are always won with shit-tier recipes of ground beef store-bought chili powder onion powder and canned ingredients.

People enter competions with beanless CASI-compliant chili using freshly ground chiles, quality chunks of seared beef, fresh herbs, toasted spices, nice textural constrast and amazing depth...applying professional haute cuisine cooking methods to yield a finshed product that is vastly superior to on all levels.

They never win.

So my point...did I have one?
My point is most people shouting "no beans" "no tomato" "muh 'ward winnin chili" and "you dont know chili 'cuz you aint from texas"...

well for the most part they have the culinary prowess of toddlers.

Anyone who claims to make artisan chili is a fucking loser. Chili was trail food, it doesn't need to be anything more a simple meat stew.

>Chili was trail food, it doesn't need to be anything more a simple meat stew.
I don't really care about chili one way or another, but I really do not think you understand what you're arguing here. 200 years ago, "common simple ingredients" were wildly different than what we consider "common simple ingredients" today. Some of today's "cheap poor people shit" would be an exotic alien delicacy to a person from 200 years ago. Some of 200 years ago's "cheap poor people shit" is "artisan hipster loser coastiecuck soyboy superfood hoax memes" to someone in the modern day.

People simply weren't dumping coca cola into a pot with pink slime and fractionally distilled oleoresin capsicum joke sauce back then. They were using what you derisively refer to as "heirloom" chiles, "grass fed cuckmeat", and other stuff that would drive you mad with rage.

You missed the point completely. I've seen places charge 10 dollars a bowl for their "artisan chili". I'm arguing against people propping up their chili as something other than what it is.

>common simple ingredients
Protein, seasoning, vegetables. Those things haven't changed in literally ten thousand years.

it was trail food because all they had were trails.
They used shit ingredients because all they had were shit ingredients.

What is wrong with elevating the art? What is wrong with making something better?

Where would music be?
Where would science be?
Where would medicine be?
Where would transportation be?
Where would technology be?
Where would politics be?
Where would humanity be...
if we just left things to purists and tradition? Why in the modern world, with all of our access to knowledge and resources would we want to diminish our potential?

I feel bad for you. I feel bad that you lack not the ability to grow...but the desire.

>I've seen places charge 10 dollars a bowl for their "artisan chili".
What's the problem? If you want cheap food go to McDonalds
>Those things haven't changed in literally ten thousand years.
See also: McDonalds

If I want inexpensive chili, I'm going to make it myself.

>common simple ingredients
The best chili in the world will still be common simple ingredients. Its what we do with them that distinguishes between a 10 bowl of chili and the slop your great-great grandfather made.

He's not arguing for purists and tradition though. A purist would select the kinds of cuts a wagon train might have used in like 1848 or whatever. Cooked it using the kinds of methods they might have had at their disposal - probably just a big pot and fire. Maybe used whatever kinds of chiles were available via barter and trade back in ye olde tymes.

What he's arguing for is "not caring" because to him, caring about details is pretentious. He's arguing for buying some random Treet (genuine Spamâ„¢ is a coastiecuck hoax) and mixing it with stolen packs of hot sauce from the nearest fast food establishment because all food is the same.

>not arguing for purists and tradition
Good point. He's arguing "it dont need to be all fancy n shit"
Or... "i can neither afford nor make upscale food so i convince myself that i dont want it."

Masters never boast.

Is shit

Welcome to the conversation.
Now do us a favor Sally and keep your pretty mouth closed until you have something relevant to say.

You first needle dick.

>needle dick
no one says that anymore gramps

>how to find the 14 year old in one post

>im so out of touch
omg youre embarrassing yourself...please stop.
You may as well post your birth certificate gramps. Oh wait...it was lost in a fire right...during the "great war"?

Why are you getting so riled up? This is a thread about some dude's chili.

Yeah, right after your grandma and I conceived your mom.

Im waiting for gran'pa here to tell us how he made chili on the chuck wagon.

Huh? Speak up sonny, I can't hear you over the social security that you're giving me out of your paycheck.

>im your grandfather
But that...it doesnt...wha???
Stop typing.

You can't call me grandpa and then go back on it. Come on over some time, I'll give you a Wethers and tell you about the Dust Bowl.

Awful lot of beans for a chili.

>dust bowl
That's what your guests call your chili behind your back, gramps.

>too many beans
Fuck off back to texas faggot

Hooray!!! Four chili threads.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as chili,
is in fact, bean/chili, or as I've recently taken to calling it, bean plus chili.
Chili is not a dish unto itself, but rather another component
of a fully functioning bean dish made useful by the bean plants, kitchen
utensils and vital spices comprising a full dish as defined by Le Cordon Bleu.

Many chefs make a modified version of the bean dish every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of bean
which is widely used today is often called "chili", and many of its eaters are
not aware that it is basically the bean dish, developed by Le Cordon Bleu.

There really is a chili, and these people are eating it, but it is just a
part of the dish they eat. Chili is the core: the part the dish
that is the starting point to the other dishes that you eat.
The core is an essential part of a dish, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete dish. Chili is
normally used in combination with a bean dish: the whole dish
is basically bean with chili added, or bean/chili. All the so-called "chili"
recipes are really distributions of bean/chili.

>my nose makes its own bubblegum

Oh my, look what user did with the leftovers he found. Splendid, a truly marvelous display of what one can accomplish by taking a meme and adding a dash of freshness to it. I hope we all can come together to agree, this is truly a delectable copypasta, brought back to life.