What is the best way to cook this?

What is the best way to cook this?

In a kitchen

With a cooking appliance of some kind over, under or within a heating element.

Bbq and lemon

Poach in sake, miso and ginger.

bbq or in salt crust

>pic of mackerel
We throw that back here in Florida. Seriously. If I called 20 friends after a day on the water and said "who wants some fish for dinner that I caught today?" the next question is "what kind?" and if it's mackerel, there will be not one person interested. Throw it back.

I love mackerel.

ITT posting literal bait in a bait thread

Mackerel is fucking delicious, fucknut.

Clean them, butterfly them open, sprinkle with sake and let them sit for about 12-15 minutes, pat dry, salt them well and let sit in the fridge for a few hours, separated by paper towels to absorb moisture. Remove, brush with a little citrus or ponzu, and grill or broil. I also like to season with red pepper. That's the basics, but you can add more seasonings, or use white wine instead of sake. The salting is the most important part.

It always struck me as really weird that few Americans really have a taste for mackerel. I think it's a great fish. Fish markets generally don't bother with them because they go off so quickly and don't sell much - a bad combo for retail. But the one serious semi-pro fisherman I know (out of Montauk, NY) either throws them back or cuts them up for bait. Thankfully the guy knows I like it, so a couple times a year I get a call saying he kept a few for me on ice and I just have to come over and pick them up.

>butterfly
>flour
>egg wash
>breadcrumbs
>pan nice and hot
>butter
>fry
>golden brown
>done

t. tastelets

i get mackerel all the time from my buddy and grill them with oil + salt.

Mackerel are quite oily and tight boned.
Basic bitch: pan fried in clarified butter, serve with fine beans and spinach
Moderate: Butterfly, marinate in apple cider vinegar, smoked paprika, chilli, and thyme. Cover in foil and bake with butter and serve with scorched tomatoes and focaccia
Fukkin pukka: Filet, cure in marmite, vodka, salt, and sugar for 8-10h. Cube and toss with cucumber, scallion, pickled mushroom, and jerusalem artichoke puree
Mackerel are delicious and because of fuckwits like you I can get about 8 or so frozen for a fiver

heat

Pickle it with lots of vinegar, red onions and peas.

Bite head off. Throw body away. Hibernate for the winter.

Thank you ramsay

Assuming it's fresh (caught same day), steamed. Mackerel doesn't keep well.

If you can, smoke it. Smoked mackerel is food of the fucking gods.

Grilled

I get smoked mackrel frorm the market sometimes, it's really good.

>He will never enjoy a freshly smoked mackerel
Fuck I could eat one now.

With a toaster.

at least learn the name you fat amerifat

>Mackerel doesn't keep well.
This is the reason most folks can only get it smoked and/or canned. Even on ice it goes off in just over a day. I only get fresh when I can trust my source.

I hope king John urm starts with Florida first. Restless fucking faggots.