Sup Veeky Forums?

sup Veeky Forums?
whats the best way to make fries from potatoes?
my gf said to cut them thin, soak in water for 30 mins then deep fry for 3 mins then pull them out and let them rest. then fry them again until desired crispiness. what do you guys think? trying it now but wondering about different ways

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2010/09/the-food-lab-extra-crunchy-homemade-potato-ch.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Par-frying, gently rinsing and drying, then frying again at a higher temperature seems to be the best way for common fries.

I keep mentioning battered fries here, but only because I mention them and they're one of the best things I've had in life. I don't have instructions, haven't mastered it yet.

Rinse them in cold water 2-3 times and soak them for 5 minutes. Boil them in water with 2-4 tbsp of white vinegar for about 5 minutes (depending on thickness of fries, you don't want them to fall apart in the water). Dry for another 5 minutes and then fry them.

This method gets rid of all the starch and the result is nice golden fast food fries.

>soak in water for 30 mins
nah, just rinse them twice and let then dry on a clean cloth

>fry twice
Yes. First at 150 C for 4 to 5 mins. Second time at 180 C for 3 minutes. In small batches.

boiling huh? never even heard of such a thing kek
they have been soaking for about 20 mins now while im having beers do you think it would still be an option?

This explains it all pretty well seriouseats.com/2010/09/the-food-lab-extra-crunchy-homemade-potato-ch.html

It's definitely not too late, just make sure you rinse them until the water runs clear.

I made some great fries last night.
>thicc cut
>oil and salt
>bake until cooked through
>fry
>pour over juices from NY strip

go with this op.
you can soak them too.
I'm not interested enough to look up C to F conversion but I would deep fry at 300 F for 4 minutes. let them cool for a bit then fry at 360 F for 3 and a half minutes. make sure you put pepper and salt after you fry them the second time

if you want some battered fries like at rallys, try pic related. when I watched the youtube video, they used frozen bag fries and they looked just like rallys

>Bisquik
Why

because it's good for you

For the batter. You find it a lot in American recipes for whatever reason. Probly too lazy to make their own proper batter.

food lab makes so many things unnecessarily complicated

Cut them and soak in water overnight,
Blanch them at 325
Let cool to room temp
For the rest of the day you can finish frying them them at 375.
Peanut oil is probably best, although I use avocado oil for everything.

best way? twice fry
Fun way:
use yukon gold
Put in cold oil
heat oil until potatoes are crispy.
You must use a yukon gold type of potato.

>rinsing and par boiling is unnecessarily complicated

I bet you're the kind of person that bought a slap chop.

>reading coherent english directions any home cook worthy of the name should be able to follow is needlessly complicated
Name one recipe where they "needlessly" made it too complicated. I'll wait until hell freezes over and last I checked hell was still the same temperature as the sun.

yeah she's right dude

>I'll wait until hell freezes over and last I checked hell was still the same temperature as the sun.
How did you check?

>bake

that's what we do at my work and they turn out god tier, would advise

Joel Robuchon doesn't twice fry.

im gonna slap chop that little faggy face of yours

Yeah, and they turned out great.