Describe /lit in one post

my diary desu

It's Veeky Forums.

/b/ with some loose focus on books and politics

>and politics
those are from pol

Literally just a philosophy board.

Fuck you if you're a philosophy poster. I hope you all starve from not finding a job with your """"so unique"""" degree

why can't the mods redirect them where they SHOULD GO

>>Veeky Forums

but politics has been regularly discussed here since 2010.

we Veeky Forumsizens are like a rational version of /pol/ that is partial to communism and intellectual discussion.

The greeks started everything

But it feels like majority of Veeky Forumsizens don't like politics here.

when he wakes up he has a surprise lol

No discernible value

jesus...

What, are you too dumb to follow?

I hate philosophy post the most. There is a board called history and PHILOSOPHY specifically for those posts. If I see one more philosophy thread that doesn't talk about a specific book then I'm reporting it.

not him, but what does that have to do with the fact that this is a literature board and not a philosophy one?

this. really sick of some neet with a philosophy degree popping into ever literature thread and being like "if u didnt real collected works of aristotle and hegel you'll nevar understand that!" when the truth is if you didn't read the bible and boccachio you'll never understand it, but austistic phil fags don't know what they don't know

you have a surprise lol
>Philosophical discussion can go on either Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums

>ideally those discussions of philosophy that take place on Veeky Forums should be based around specific philosophical works to which posters can refer
>most of the posts are "how do I get into X"

Even though it is not strictly against the rules, it is not the ideal use of the board and it's getting annoying.

i don't mind philosophy threads like if u wanna talk about girard or nietzsche or some shit that's cool, but when try to claim every novel is actually about kant or something they need to kill they're self

you have a surprise if you think mods care about the rules, they just delete anything they don't like.

/sffg/ - Science Fiction and Fantasy General:

>>most of the posts are "how do I get into X"
this is definitely not exclusive to philosophy. Think of how many throwaway "best translation of dostoevsky?" and "What's the best order to read Pynchon?" and the just a few days ago "how do I get into Ezra Pound" type threads we have clogging up the catalog. I invite one of those autistic anons who've taken to doing this lately to analyze the catalog right now and report back on what percentage of OPs consist of thoughtful contribution and invitation for discussion rather than just shitposts or post of the form I described above.

Because history and philosophy are in no way connected. Philosophy and literature at least have some connection.

dumb

but there are plenty of philosophy threads, so apparent mods are fine with them and those anons are whinging in vain kek

The guy from your English literature class

a place for people with nowhere to go to go

I haven't actually read Schopenhauer's On Women so I'm just gonna say that women are inferior and that is that like when I didn't read Penelope in Joyce's Ulysses or any of Ulysses past the latter half of the Telemachiad because I can't fucking be bothered but i can tell you this much: that women are bad because they are not like men even though if I had given it an honest try i might have come to the conclusion that men and women are indeed different and while women have their downsides so do men albeit fewer because i spend at least two plus cumulative hours on here a day either shitposting entirely or occasionally dropping some minuscule addition to the conversation because i haven't spent half of that valuable time actually delving into literature and not only forming an opinion of my own but joining the conversation of the authors of this world's history and understanding the importance of literary contribution and how reading can help train you for life so while you excuse me i'm going to leave this page and maybe browse a couple more posts before i check out Veeky Forums or /tv/ or /v/ or even watch some fagfuck anime episode that I should entirely disregard because it is singlehandedly more than anything ruining my capability to reach my full human potential.

It's just that identity politics have been in the forefront recently, which a lot of people don't care for. And despite this, board does actually have some of the best discourse on the site. Although in years past it was always more about social issues and laws themselves, not to mention that people here actually understand economics.

You sound butthurt, but you're kinda right: although I will start RPing as a misognynst to derail threads since that seems to be hitting some nerves recently

autism

>walkinto Barnes and noble
>pick up Infinite Jest and wait for 4/10 cashier to call next
>nervously pay for it in single dollar bills

>haha determinism
>WAS NIETZSCHE RIGHT???

Wow great threads.

Whenever a philosophy thread appears, it's ALWAYS shallow armchair warriors discussing """scenarios""" without even mentioning books. Mods just don't give a shit

I don't know. I like Veeky Forums. I've posted on and off for what? Near a decade?
Though my expectations here are by no means great, I'm often surprised. And though I do tend to confine myself to literary subjects exclusively, the philosophy threads dealing with certain books don't bother me at all.

PLEASE TELL MY WHYYYYYYYYYYY

you make me come
you make me complete
you make me completely miserable

For self appointed intellectuals only

objectively one of the worst boards. people here literally deny science and ignore thorough argumentation. this is a containment board worse than pol. ay least pol has it own culture. this board is pure poison.

>defending /pol/smokers
I see you

Catholic

>muh board culture
Board culture is a spook and is only used to justify flimsy criticisms of a board.

Torquato Tasso

>partial to communism
>rational
Pick one and only one. Surely you have read gulag archipelago?

ah yes, turned badger.

MM.

>how do i get into x
as in, what are the recommended starting books for x school of thought. please stick to your science fiction general or ideally just kill yourself

>T. roastie

>people here literally deny science
there are people on /pol/ who ardently deny anthropogenic climate change, the discussion about science here is generally about the is, ought distinction rather than flat out denial if it isn't supposed to be an ironic shitpost.

In three aeparate threads now I have tried to explain how neurology, computational mechanics, or evolution invalidates 300 year old philosopht without aevere reworks and in each thread have gotten shouted down.

You people are tier 1 science deniers even above pol. Pol recognizes, except for climate change, when it is in over its head. People here do not

Worst board. Mlp comes close

You illiterate fuck. No wonder people don't listen to you. What specifically were you trying to prove or disprove?

fuck off jordan peterson shit