And nothing of value was lost

And nothing of value was lost

>store having 75% closeout
>just brought everything down to the same price as normal places

i knew buying stocks in teavana was a bad idea worse was i bought it all in herbal tea

Even fuckin David's Tea is cheaper

Neither Starbucks or Teavana has their shit together. This is wholly separate from the fact that Starbucks makes shitty, overpriced coffee and I’m guessing Teavana made shitty, overpriced tea.

aw, i like getting free tea samples from them

The tea was decent. The price was wrong. Had they been significantly cheaper, I would've made them a weekly visit.

And that's the key. The were in malls to attract people on shopping sprees. Yoga moms, those crowds. Too expensive to stockpile.

Is it true that their teas contain dangerous levels of toxins and pesticides, or was that a smear campaign to lower their stock value?
I have some tea I got as a gift but was afraid to touch it.

S

>is it true this food product packaged and sold in the US IS ACTUALLY DANGEROUSLY TOXIC?

What do you think?

Hint: No. You fucking retard. The fuck you think this is, Vietnamese shrimp?

Lol thats all everyone went into Teavana for.

It annoyed me that they put so much sugar in that though

Why do you think it failed?

Is it because Americans actually prefer coffee over tea, or was it because they were too expensive?

Starbucks sells overpriced coffee, and yet, they seem to do fine.

>Is it because Americans actually prefer coffee over tea, or was it because they were too expensive?
Yes.

Too expensive and most Americans prefer coffee over tea.

>paying a premium for dried leaves
Nope.avi

Depends on where the tea was sourced. Most of these shitty meme tea companies get their leaves from China and virtually all teas from China contain excessive amounts of pesticides and heavy metals.

It failed because tea prep isn't like coffee prep. You don't need complicated knowledge or equipment to make a good tea. You just need quality leaves and a basic knowledge of steeping times and temperatures and there's nothing a tea shop can do that you can't do at home.

Teavana is a Starbucks subsidiary you dinguses, they're not losing money to coffee

That's not how it works, user.

Teavana was its own company before they were bought by Starbucks.

They're absolutely losing money to coffee. Just so happens the coffee they're losing to is owned by the same parent company. If the business isn't turning a profit there's no reason to keep it. Starbucks will just start serving tea (unless they already do, I don't go there).

It's probably a cost to convenience factor: Americans are lazy. We don't mind paying for the convenience of coffee (which is already kind of expensive per ounce) as opposed to tea (which is dirt cheap but treated like these dummies as gold brewed in champagne).

Americans like tea, but it's usually sugary iced tea shit like Snapple or Arizona. Or "southern sweet" tea, which is an abomination.

Some people are baffled by the idea of tea not having sugar. They think it's supposed to be there by default. Like my sister's in laws.

Tea shops work well in certain communities. Usually hipster or yoga health nut communities. The problem is, Teavana was mostly in shopping malls, which is where plebs go.
Instead of Teavana, they flock to Starbucks to get their sugary abominations they call Frappachinos.

Starbucks already serves Tazo and Teavana in their stores. They also have Matcha lattes.

They make drinks like London Fogs, although they tend to use teabags instead of looseleaf tea

True. I’ve noticed that unsweetened tea is used as a substitute for sugar filled drinks in America. It’s for people who need to get off coffee because it gives them heart palpitations or to get off a soda addiction/diabetes. The problem with Americans is that they don’t care about quality, health, taste, or variety. Only price or instant gratification, even if it’s killing them. Unfortunately for these people, sugar provides both of those things. An American man will choose a Mountain Dew or Coke over a Lansang, why? A American women will choose a 60g sugar filled Frappuccino over a ginger peach black tea, why?

I drink a lot of filter coffee and I used to take it with two sugars each time. I decided I needed to reduce my sugar intake so I tried reducing to one and then no sugars but I couldn't enjoy it.

I eventually switched to sweeteners which tasted like shit at first because it wasn't the right kind of sweet, but now I've convinced myself I prefer them. It's learned behaviour and a certain expectation of how something shoudl taste. It takes time and effort to change and most people don't care enough, which is pretty sad.

I really didn't get what they were trying to do. It's not like people in even small or mid-sized cities can't easily get decent tea if they're willing to pay more than the grocery store price.

I love tea, but I always felt uncomfortable being inside a teavana because it was entirely staffed by women and all the samples were fruity pastel colored flavored teas and I felt like I was in a women's makeup shop.
It smelled like one too.

This. Every small town around here has a couple small tea shops with way better tea at a way lower price than teavana.