Hey guys I bought this stuff at the store, can I make alcohol with this, and if so, what kind and how...

Hey guys I bought this stuff at the store, can I make alcohol with this, and if so, what kind and how? Thank you in advance!

you need 4kg of sugar for 20L of 10% booze or 8kg for 16%

Groan. Find a shop that sells actual brewing yeast.

that is actual brewing yeast

Nigga, I live in the country. Regardless thanks for the constructive post.
Thank you, sounds like good advice.

That's baker's yeast. For bread.

he wants to make beer not bread!

You can make alcohol with any yeast, it's just that some will work better than others.

water
yeast
some sort of sugar for yeast to eat
this will yield alcohol

It will taste like bread water if you don't make it with some kind of juice.

Yes but it'll taste like complete shit. Like literally worst then prison wine

This could be true with a yeast capable of surviving in a high alcohol environment. Sadly, bread yeast will crap out at @ 5% alcohol no matter how much sugar you have. Look, get lavlin ec1118 yeast off amazon for 2-3 dollars/5 gms and you can seriously ferment up to 18%. Stop being a dumbfuck if you want to ferment cheap high strength alcohol.

bread/brewers(ale) yeast is saccharomyces cerevisiae and no you don't need champagne yeast it will easily to hit 10%

There are lots of strains of cerevisiae and they are not all good for the same things. You wouldn't get a Chihuahua to herd your sheep, but it's a canine.

I knew a guy who tried to make cider by putting this stuff in a bottle of apple juice, putting a balloon over it and letting it sit. It ended up growing mold on it and was undrinkable.

baker's yeast (ADY) isn't gonna be strong enough to compare to brewer's yeast. back in Ye Olden Times they were one and the same, but these days the commercial yeast produced for baking isn't the same.

Huh, I learned a lot guys, thanks everyone. I’ll definelty look into buying the ec118 stuff.

I've made a 12% red wine with supermarket bakers yeast. I used elderberries, blackberries, rose hips and rowan berries.

Oh so what was your OG to FG to reach 12% from fucking bread yeast? Don't say you don't know because that's the only way you do know.

Use Goggle to find out how to activate bakers yeast for wine making. I do not have the figures as I made it in 2010. Still got a couple bottles in the cellar.

leave it in a tightly closed paper bag with some almonds
as the almonds begin to activate, they release ethylene gas which activates the yeast
save the almonds for infusing in the spirit you're making to produce a delicious amaretto

Sees the word "activate" and instantly thinks of the Veeky Forums meme activated almonds. This just shows how immature your brain is. Guess it's time for bed for you kiddo.

t. activated almonds

yeah don't forget to add 2 parts bleach

Time for bed children.

Wow, that’s pretty funny. Haha sure got me.