Is it safe to deep fry food on a gas stove?

Is it safe to deep fry food on a gas stove?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1515899326516.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No more or less safe than any other stove really, as long as you aren't stupid about it.

Depends what you mean by "safe." You could always potentially kill yourself while deep frying, no matter the type of stove.

Is it required to cover the pot if you are deep frying in a pot?

I'm just not sure how flammable that shit is. Peanut oil more specifically

Don't cover at all. Steam needs to escape and if you cover it condensation happens on the lids and drops back into the oil.

yes
make sure you fill the vessel you're frying in all the to the brim with oil. you'll be fine

Just have a jug of water close by just in case.

If you don't have a thermometer you can test the temperature of the oil by throwing in a handful of ice

I'm pretty sure that's the exact opposite of what to do incase of a grease fire. Even I know you are supposed to use dry chem or a shit ton of baking soda

Listen to these three, ignore everyone else.

If a fire starts just kick the pot over

For some.

>>>wsg/2060232

Covering it is increasing risk as the food releases water vapor that will create condensation when it dries into the oil that shit will spatter everywhere

>>>wsg/2060232
I fucked that up

Heavy cream works well too actually

>Just have a jug of water close by just in case
wew be sure to film yourself

Also, I'm not trying to be funny. This should serve as a cautionary tale of what could go wrong when tossing frozen food into hot oil over a naked flame.

Table top electric fryers are awesome.

They digitally control the temp so you dont have to mess with it.

I do alot of Chinese foods like crab rangoons, egg rolls, spring rolls, fried dumplings, sweet and sour chicken bites or general tso ect.

And I make many steak fries, onion rings or even fried chicken. Like Fridays tenderloins.

Any recommendations for a fryer? I've been cooking with oil a lot more lately, and wonder how much more convenient they are compared to a pot of oil with a thermometer.

>Any recommendations for a fryer?
Nope, home fryers suck. They routinely go below 280F which causes food to get greasy no matter how much product you put in.

I use a Waring fryer and they work good if you dont overload them.

You need to cook in small batches. I never seen my temp go to 280F unless your trying to fry too much.

Maybe you should try other brands because this is not true in my experience.

Are you on 110 or 220 mains?
Countertop appliances suck in America.

I just like to reuse my oil and it was annoying to always have a pot of used oil on the stovetop.

Instead I keep the fryer on the counter and its a compromise. But I get to use the same oil till it needs to be changed.

Usually when the oil starts to get darker we do a fish fry and then we change the oil to fresh after.

I like doing cod with crispy fried batter.

Just using 110 main.

I mean ive worked in kitchens with real fryers and those are better ofc. Many times I have swapped out oil in those fryers with huge jugs of oil.

But overall its better to use the countertop fryers for me then to have oil on the stove all the time or throwing it away or messing with filtering it and putting it away (screw that)

I prefer having an extra lodge cast iron pot than another useless electric appliance sitting around.
But I keep it in the basement with oil in it.

as long as you fill it to the top, absolutely.

Think about the safety factor also.

A pot of oil of the stove is very dangerous. Dont ever try and filter that oil when its hot. Its already going to go everywhere when you try to do it cold.

How do you keep stuff off the bottom of you pot? Its nice to have a basket. I also use a spyder for frying but maybe that is the only thing you use?

Food can sink to the bottom and get burned stuff stuck to it. Or maybe your filtering everytime you cook? wow what a pain in the butt that is.