Alt milk

Veeky Forums, it’s time to stand up and say NO to the alt milk

Other urls found in this thread:

perfectdayfoods.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck you fag almond milk is great

Modern milk is more estrogenic than any of those three, even soy milk.

Only major advantage real milk has is the taste, which is hard to mimic.

Wait a second. When did coconut milk change from being coconut milk into a coconut water based beverage from concentrate?

For me it's hempmilk, the dankest dairy aternative.

>Modern milk

You mean the same basic milk people have been drinking for thousands of years and only recently became a problem because of idiots on the internet believing boogeymen?

Almondmilk is actually pretty great for keto. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.

If I could get raw milk at a good enough price I will but if I'm drinking milk that doesn't go bad for literally a month it will be made of activated almonds or rice.
Fuck that soy shit that's for gays and coconut tastes unappealing to me

Any other rice milk drinkers here?

I’ve had some canned stuff before

Getting every cow pregnant every 12 months to keep them in constant lactation (why do you think veal is so cheap and plentiful?) and injecting them with hormones when they still fall out of lactation state is a pretty modern thing.

Back in the old days, people had to milk cows (usually only about 25% of the total female cows in the herd) that got naturally pregnant to be done feeding their calves for the day to squeeze out the remainder, and milk was nowhere near as plentiful as it is now.

Rice milk is really good and the taste of rice, to me, mimics the creamy taste of whole milk. However, unless you really can’t handle dairy or really just love the taste, rice milk is probably one of the worst to drink as it’s little or no protein and all carbs since it’s... you know... rice.

Almond milk is good. It stays.

I'm going to keep drinking soy milk and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

I prefer oatmilk, but the fact that it's made of oats (which is a grain, and as such not something I want to consume too much of since I'm trying to get into keto) makes me consider stopping it's consumption.

Hazelnut milk is goddamn delicious and I dare any of you to tell me otherwise

Wrong

Soy products have the same protein as other diary except they have lower fat and higher fiber. They are a source of thiamine which is important if you drink alcohol a lot, and they also are an alternative for people who are lactose intolerant. There's no particular argument to choosing soy products over regular dairy ones unless you are pedantic; the term "soyboys" is a reddit meme trying to make itself trendy about things that are trendy about things that are trendy about things that are trendy.

The problem isn't the milk itself. The problem is the dairy industry etc trying to keep milk cheap and readily available. I feel like alternative milk should be the standard, and real milk should be a more expensive and luxury product. The entire industry is fucked up

I love regural milk but sometimes rice or almond milk are fine too. Especially almond but it's fucking expensive in my country.
Fuck soy milk though. The taste is horrible.

In the past when cow had calf and it became large enough to feed on grass they just kept milking the cow so she still produced milk. They didn't need to have many cows with some of them pregnant. One is enough.
t.: Someone who has realtives still living on farm.

>and milk was nowhere near as plentiful as it is now.
That's pretty much the case for everything today. It's not a bad thing.

>The problem is the dairy industry etc trying to keep milk cheap and readily available. I feel like alternative milk should be the standard, and real milk should be a more expensive and luxury product.
I think this kind of thinking is fucked up. You want what you like to be cheaper and what you don't like to be more expensive. And there's nothing wrong with trying to make food cheap and readily available. Real milk provides better protein and lactose has some health benefits especially for growing kids, your way of thinking would only negatively affect poor people and children and it would do so in a bad way.

If you really think the industry is fucked up, then you should be supporting the development of "animal-free milk" instead of just saying make milk more expensive. Just make sure they offer a product that has the same nutrition.

perfectdayfoods.com/

The milk you get just by constantly squeezing the cow's nipples long after the calf has weaned is watery and not commercially viable. People used to drink that shit up because food wasn't plentiful, but you wouldn't be able to sell that now.

Not the guy you're replying to, but increasing the price of cow's milk would be an incentive for people to switch to dairy alternatives.

or we could, you know, stop subsidizing dairy. "alt-milk" would be a lot cheaper than dairy milk if it wasn't for all our tax-monies getting thrown at shitty dairy farms.

this stuff is fucking vile.

>You mean the same basic milk people have been drinking for thousands of years
did the industrial revolution happen before Christ in your reality or what? the quest for more efficient production methods has changed the landscape of food.

Had soymilk once, immediately started sitting with my legs together, lost muscle mass, started calling out oppression everywhere even when there's none to point out, got a job at Buzzfeed and aced my gender studies exams.

I have DD tits from eating a Clif bar made with soy protein a few years ago. Still debating on whether I should fully transition.