/litfit/ is real

"As a teenager, William Giraldi would pump himself full of steroids, hit the gym ... and secretly read Keats."

theguardian.com/books/2017/sep/05/william-giraldi-on-life-as-a-bookish-bodybuilder-its-a-poisoned-way-to-be-a-man

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/fun/the-ultimate-full-body-dumbbell-workout.html)
youtube.com/watch?v=wLoG9zBvvLQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Fussell
youtube.com/watch?v=4xoM6-1SWl4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>secretly
Why? Would his meathead bros disown him?

This dude spent his days in the most testosterone fueled environment imaginable, surrounded by heaving, sweaty muscles, men of perfect physique, ripped and swollen abs and pecs, the grunts of simultaneous pain and pleasure, and the smell of sweat and male exertion in pursuit of perfection. Admiring the progress of his peers and play-wrestling with them in the showers to see who was strongest.

If he'd read poetry, people would have thought he was fucking gay.

This post made me erect

I guess this is a /litfit/ thread.

Most of the posters in these kind of threads seem to be primarily Veeky Forums posters trying to get Veeky Forums ; but I am of the opposite kind. Anyone else like me?

I'm trying to follow this routine

(bodybuilding.com/fun/the-ultimate-full-body-dumbbell-workout.html)

>reading the article
>toxic masculinity
>i'm giving my sons a gender neutral education
Where did it all go wrong, /litfit/?

Bullshit routine, do stronglifts

all bullshit routines do phrak's Greyskull LP

You can't stop me

For all you guys into vanity muscles (for whatever reason) you owe it to yourselves to read pic related. It's skillfully written in 90s post-grad style that's as embarrassing as yesterday's hipsters. Basically Fussell leaves the ivory tower for a typical literary/publishing career in NYC and is intimidated by the urban environment (black men) so with all the enlightened rationality a liberal arts education can confer he quits his job and squanders his inheritance roiding the fuck out so he can look intimidating too. He gets bitten by the iron bug and ends up in Venice Beach of course. It's a semi-fictional memoir but he nails so many of the characters from that world I promise you'll be entertained.

Posting some Veeky Forums inspiration because why not.

10/10, made me squat.

Bodybuilding fags are the biggest fairies on Earth, so susceptible to all this trans shit too because they are so fucked up.

Fuck off /pol/

/pol/ is full of bodybuilders, retard, they love spamming muh masculinity muh ironpill nonsense

>/pol/ is full of bodybuilders

The iron pill was just /pol/fags trying to dodge the bullet once their whinny, sluggish essence was pointed, so they invented an alter ego.

They're just pretending. In reality /pol/ is full of fatsos and bone-thin weirdos.

With newbie gains Strong Lifts is solid since you can legit make 5lbs of progress every single week or more for months on end. If you can manage to get 1/2/3/4 or a bit less / more then you're doing well.

Personally i use a Push Pul Legs x5 days a week routine.

wat the fuck

I (and Veeky Forums) recommend to everyone to do Starting Strength until they reach 1/2/3/4

1/2/3/4 means 1pl8 OHP, 2pl8 bench press, 3pl8 squat, 4pl8 deadlift

1pl8 = 20kg (45lb) plate on EACH side of a 20kg (45lb) barbell. So 1pl8 is 60kg. 2pl8 is 100kg.

OHP is overhead press.

Form is extremely important.

Read the book starting strength. a quarter of the book is about how to squat. very important book.

youtube.com/watch?v=wLoG9zBvvLQ

Posting the obligatory classic.

>play-wrestling with them in the showers to see who was strongest.
>If he'd read poetry, people would have thought he was fucking gay.

kek

running/sprinting for fags?

i love running in the highway (theres a closed road) or the furthest area of my city

if he had an inheritance, why did he go to school or get a job in the first place?

One of Veeky Forums's most famous and beloved tripfags was an alcoholic black girl that would run her ass off at 3AM in the middle of a Chicago winter then post selfies and underground rap lyrics and MS Paint comics of her runs, so no.

His father was a famous academic, historian and writer. We all want to best our dads, don't we?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Fussell

If you'd like to hear him speak about the experience of war, he appears in the first ep of Adam Curtis' "The Living Dead":
youtube.com/watch?v=4xoM6-1SWl4

i did once get up 4am winter as well to run as usual, i discover a group of metalheads around a park drinking lol

How much advantage can I take from this without getting numb by the ideology?

he gained it all back

lol