Your country, Do you cook rice with a rice/pressure cooker or over the stove?

Your country, Do you cook rice with a rice/pressure cooker or over the stove?

Other urls found in this thread:

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

America, and I have a rice cooker. Sorry not sorry, Alton Brown autists and racists.

America,

I do over the stove with my caldero.
Rice cookers are for the lazies.

America, over the stove. I'm not opposed to rice cookers, I just don't have one.

Australia, on the gas stove in a pot. I have a $13 rice cooker but cbf getting it out most of the time. Plus gas is cheaper than electricity here.

Italy, stove but rice cookers are ever more common at stores

Rice is poorfag food.

Ireland. Over the stove.

Can't justify the cost of good rice cooker when I don't eat rice everyday and cheaper ones are garbage

My brother has a Malaysian gf and when he went there to visit he cooked rice on their stove and they thought he was a master chef because they've just always used the rice cooker.

I cook quinoa in my InstantPot, but I cook the kale, butternut squash, and goat cheese topping on my gas stove.

Fuck that, no pantry is complete until you have a big ol' bag of rice in it. It's dirt-cheap, lasts forever, and you can make American, Mexican, Brazilian, Peruvian, Cuban, Jamaican, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese food with it.

>america
>not poor (thus not black) so I don't eat shit poor people food

America. I can do rice over the stove and did for a long time, but I've slowly been upgrading the type of rice cooker I use because it's convenient. I just got one of those "instant pot" pressure cookers as a gift, so I'm curious to see how that does for rice vs. my zojirushi.

USA.
I used to cook on the stove. Got a Zojirushi rice cooker, and have used it ever since.

Rice Cookers are for hoarders trying to clutter their kitchen. By all means do it, but it's kind of embarrassing.

I use mine everyday at least. I put oatmeal in overnight with the timer to cook when I wake up.

At least that's a legitimate use. It's the Mr. Coffee of the new generation.

USA, I have a rice cooker but use both the cooker and stovetop, depending on what I'm doing for prep. It's nice to be able to dump and forget about the rice until it beeps at you.

I usually just use a pot of boiling water, but I am curious If the machines are what the restaurants use to get good rice.

>not using a Haybox

It's considered good etiquette talk up other people's cooking skills, not that Veeky Forums hikkis would know anything about social skills
>only white people grains allowed
Thanks Alton

>implying I'm poir
HA!

A lot of restaurants do use the large gas ones.

>beeps at you
heh

Modern rice cookers cook rice better than a pot ever could

USA

i use a ricecookerthanks to consistency.
occassionally i cook rice stove too. the whole fetishized process, i love. from toasting, to finish, but generally almost always leads to a less than perfect final product.

i prefer the cooker.

Yeah, because their just a fucking pot, dipshit. The right heat, the right humidity makes rice the same way.

Don't be an asshole.

France
$200 zojirushi

I've cooked long grain, medium grain and sushi rice.

You dipshits need to understand your food.

Here's your first recipe.

thekitchn.com/how-to-cook-perfect-basmati-rice-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-211157

Rice 101.

Which one of you assholes can make a risotto without tossing it in a pan properly? You just make that rice gunk?

>flyover american whom has only ever eaten uncle bens all their life

im going to be insensitive and kind of an ass here, and im sorry, butthe pot is honestly the laziest fucking worst method to make rice in, mostly due in part to the inconsistency of the final product, and the shear ease with which a “pot of rice” can result i a subpar final product.

the rice cooker cooks riceto perfection each and ever time, while your pot of rice can range from kushy, to al dente.

theres literally too many different ways to make rice on a pot, and they all result in a different finish.

>tfw youre stove top rice is always extra puffy and you cant atand it

You just proved you don't know how to cook with normal implements. Your gimpy elders even learned that, but you need a fucking iphone to cook your fucking retarded food

This guy knows the deal

My entry level zojirushi has these settings

white rice (i.e. medium to long grain)
quick cook (this is the same result as "using a pot")
brown/mixed grain
sushi (i.e. short grain rice)

There is nothing wrong with using a pot if you only cook rice rarely, but I eat it at least once a day, currently in my kitchen I stock brown basmati, japonica, arborio, and japgokbap. The multiple settings is quite the convenience, since I don't have to hover around the pot for 2 hours doing micro-adjustments to the settings, I can just set it before I leave for work or go to bed, and it's ready at my convenience

I rarely use the quick cook, it's shit, but it's alright if you didn't plan ahead

America.
I use a rice cooker.
Used to have a Zojirushi (great product, lasted nearly 20 years), got a Cuckoo this time, side-by-side the Koreans seem to be ahead of the Japanese in terms of build quality and materials.

t. angsty irritable white woman, you sound like you're either on your period or maybe you're grumpy because you forgot to wear moonscreen and your skin got burned getting up to pee last night when you walked past the hallway night light

Do any of you assholes roll your own maki? Create your own nigiri?

>but I eat it at least once a day
manboobs or GTFO

One cuckoo for the cucko

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me
>goodbyehorses.mp3

I mostly use my rice cooker, because I can also let it cook while I'm not around and with my university classes, that's really practical.

Right now, I'm also thinking about getting an electric steamer, because it's pretty convenient to cook potatoes with it, it would replace the rice cooker while not taking much more space and I'm often making my own steamed dumplings lately (for which I use steaming baskets right now)

I'm from Austria(Europe, no kangaroos), btw

If you live in Asia and cook rice over a stove you are literally poorer than dirt tier

90% of the time when I cook rice, I'm cooking the exact same quantity of jasmine rice, same quantity of water, in the same pot, for the same length of time, even on the same burner as before. In what way is a rice cooker going to be more consistent?

I'm sure my rice could be slightly fluffier or something in a way that my pleb palate wouldn't notice, but I'm dubious as to how a rice cooker would actually be beneficial.

They pretend its better. It's not fucking better. You don't better than perfect rice. They want their retard toys to sit on their teenage counter tops. It's College students and young adults that use this garbage. Everyone else learns to cook.

Imagine being this angry about a common household appliance

well, in the event that i need to make more than normal, all i have to do is the same process as any other time, in a rice cooker. ive been cooking rice in a pot for years, and im sorry, but if you take rice seriously, and have friends, you wont aubject them to the water flavoured sadness that is a stubbornly adhered to because you think it is somehow better. Instead, youll get a rice cooker, and hang out with your friend, rather than returning to your pot of rice every 5 minutes for a half hour, in order to ensure the process is alright.

for real. Have spent the last 6 years making all sorts of rice all sorts of different way on a stove top, just like i do with my popcorn, and in the end, a rice cooker has made it all a lot easier.

>tfw when youre such a hostile poor flyover fuck that you flip out when people prefer easy good rice everytime, over 20 minutes of constant attention and correction checks, all to lift the lid and discover youve made yet a nother subpar pot of watery rice.

have tried so many different techniques when it comes to stove top rice. its why a rice cooker is one of my two tabletop appliances, the other being a processor.

USA, I cook rice on the stove but I'm getting a rice cooker/food steamer in a week or two so honestly I'll switch to that.

like, damn, id be upset too if my daily bowl of rice were slightly different every time. how stressful...

America, and over the stove.

Ameriga
On the stove, don't make rice frequently enough to justify buying a rice cooker

You've never had good rice

>In what way is a rice cooker going to be more consistent?
Honestly, I am not sure it would be. I use a rice cooker, I like it, but given your situation, I don't think consistency is going to anything to sway you. Which is fine, I'm not here trying to get you to buy a rice cooker.

>I'm dubious as to how a rice cooker would actually be beneficial.
I like mine, because I can start it and walk away and know my rice will be perfect every single time. I like that it will keep my rice warm and delicious all day long. So I can make some rice for lunch, go to a meeting and come home to ready to eat rice for dinner. I also like that it will cook, perfectly, all different types of rice and rice and grain blends.
If you usually eat a single type of rice and have your prep process dialed in, and don't find the idea of unattended cooking attractive, then a rice cooker probably isn't for you. Which is great, I'm sure you can use that money for something else.

>How can a pressurized device packed with sensors programmed and created to make rice for the largest consumers of rice in world be more consistent than a fucking pot on the stove under a burner

USA I just cook it on a stove in a pot. I eyeball all the quantities and it usually comes out the same every time. If you have the talent to do it the manual way, why not?

Your rice is objectively bad

I've had rice cooker rice from multiple cookers and I used to live and eat in the Asian part of town. My normal rice is no different than everything else. If it sucked I would buy an automated cooker.

Honestly, rice is really hard to fuck up.

UK either rice cooker or bamboo steamer over wok.

I feel so bad for those Asians eating bad rice for thousands of years prior to the invention of the electric rice cooker.

I love my rice cooker. I don't eat rice super often but I can't be trusted to make it on the stove without fucking it up royalty. It's my only unitasker

a bunch of white niggers thinking a device they buy from QVC makes it the best.

just like every other synthetic piece of shit in the US.

ITALY
We cook it over the stove.
If u want to know how just ask

Who are you calling white, cumskin?

these trailer park fuck ups wouldn't know risotto from their father's semen.

Please go to search the recipes for italian risotto. Ur welcome

Mannaggia Sti stronzi

Idk, my sister/wife makes a good risotto but I'm usually meth'd so what do I know. We sho' nuff friendly down hyar though!

This guy gets it. got a zojirushi for myself and my brother for xmas, good product

I use a stove for risotto, paella, briyani, and plov

Which is about 3 or 4 times a year I guess, compared to approximately 365 times a year for regular normal rice

But does it play Amaryllis?

Poland, over the stove. Rice can be bought in 100g and 150g bags which makes the whole process idiot-proof except for adhering to the cooking time.

But if you want to boil it traditional knock yourself out.

I don't have a rice cooker because I'm poor

What is the best Rice cooker?

Germany, I have a similar rice cooker to OP pic

instant pot. But if you have to, a decent zojirushi.

Denmark, pressure cooker. But that's not normal, most people use stoves.

UK, in a microwaveable steamer for time and convenience

I use mine to make pork vindaloo outside. I love my Zojirushi. its what people should buy in a rice cooker.

America and on the stove why the fuck do I need some stupid specialized appliance for a single task that I can already do easily?

New Zealand, either in a rice cooker or in those uncle bens boil in bags on the stove depending on how lazy im being

Same here. A ~$50 aroma rice cooker gifted to me is the only kitchen appliance I have. I'll cook 6 cups and some veggies/meat to eat with friends and there's plenty left over for fried rice the next day. The rest of yall are whiny NEETs or just hostile yet talented at making stovetop rice.

And is pic related? Could you disolve gochujiang in broth and use it as the liquid the rice is cooked in?

It has a turn off timer and better heat isolation.
The good thing about making rice on the stove is:
- more pot sizes
- takes up less space
- less appliances to clean

3rd largest rice consumption country
Used to cook rice with no name rice cooker. It's hard to find any IH cooker here

America, Zojirushi.

Northeast Jersey, USA.

I can do both but I often cook in bulk for work lunches so using a rice cooker to free up stove space while I cook is very convenient.

They all use rice cookers for a reason now

I guess literally every household in asia is eating shitty rice all the time.

America I use my rice cooker. From costco.