Is Mira Gonzalez the voice of our generation?

Is Mira Gonzalez the voice of our generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PzSlmWQuHFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If yes we should all an hero

yep she is

¿Quién?

I want to pork her to bee honest

>desecrate a book with fairly neutral drug addiction themes to create a tool for consuming drugs
doesnt even make sense. would be one thing if she did it with an addiction recovery book but this is just stupid. she's in the water for sure.

>in the water
What did you mean by this?
ESL here.

hello mira

it is in reference to a meme that is in reference to a commencement speech by david foster wallace called "this is water"

Just so I'm clear (not ESL user), but the meme is used to suggest that DFW uses profound language as in his speech to confuse people in everyday life to be petty and get his way such as cutting a checkout line?

Sorry if I ruined the joke.

Ehhh ... the joke post is taking the Kenyon Address and twisting Wallace's intention with it, turning it into this passive-aggressive taunt

If you read the Kenyon Address it would make more sense

fuck no shes old news. rupi is currently but Savannah will step back in as she is writing her first novel atm.

fucking lol

you losers always make me laugh! out loud!

I mean I've listened to it. I think I get it I'm just ruining it here. I do find it most humorous to imagine being punked by DFW in a day-to-day setting while he uses confounding language /buzzkill

hello mira

I wish he actually did this.

DUDE

Is thisthe rp thread? when's the Pynchonposter gonna show up?

there are no "voices of our generation".

and if they are they certainly aren't booktoobers.

kurt cobain was only a "voice of a generation" to a small minority of teenagers.

youtube is cancer and the internet is destroying the Gutenberg mind

lay off the tubes and read more.

god I smell good. i just had a bath. If I was a female I would "fuck" me. my Ass has never been cleaner . it smells of lavender, vetiver and cardamon . I'd toss my salad if I was a grill. And I'd toss it damn good whilst listening to arvo part - summa youtube.com/watch?v=PzSlmWQuHFw

Rupi Kaur-tier

Mira Gonzalez

hit a little too close, didn't it?

>there are no "voices of our generation".
this tbqh, generations are a pre-internet thing

>destroying the Gutenberg mind
Isn't the "Gutenberg mind" that which has already been destroyed by mass media consumption?

Yes, if by "the voice of our generation" you mean "an overweight, vaguely hispanic vagimeme"

frig off, i'm not fat!

Kanye West, now shut the fuck up

Hey, that's not how you read books. What the hell is she doing.

Why these fucking millennial writers adore David Foster Wallace? Is because he killed himself?
I mean, when he was alive he was just a hack, a Pynchon for younger readers.

t. Pynchon

I don't think he was ever considered a "hack" in any fair sense.

His publisher did an excellent job promoting him. He did a lot of visible interviews and is in many journals, popular magazines, and has anthologies of short stories in pretty paperback books. Then the water speech. His suicide makes him seem more mythical.

Plus, it's very cool to seem smart and sensitive now, which, along with the advent of social media, with his now recognizable and rhythmic three-words-of-two-syllables-each name, and popular Gen X media embracing him (parks and rec, the Decemberists) makes him a popular thing to show off like a pretty cup of coffee for "nerds."