LITERALLY and UNIRONICALLY paying exponentially more for more fat than meat and saying it's for...

>LITERALLY and UNIRONICALLY paying exponentially more for more fat than meat and saying it's for """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""taste"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/3973294/fat-taste-oleogustus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Food is about taste, you mong.
Most people in the world do not eat food for """health""" or """diet""". That's only a privilege available to soyboys and cityfags.

A thread died for this shitpost

>Food is about taste
It is. But you're paying exponentially more for something that barely tastes better
This stuff is beer and sushi tier in terms of price to taste

You're a fucking retard

You realize in certain recipes like meatloaf fat is what holds the meat together right?

Breadcrumbs is what holds meatloaf together. Idiot.

No it isn't you ever loving dumbfuck

Have fun with a shrunken loaf and a pan full of rendered fat.

Breadcrumbs are just filler, not a binder.
I put an egg in my meatloaf.

>Food is about taste, you mong.
I thought food was about staying alive & healthy by eating nutrious edibles

>Or for people who aren’t obese fedora tippers.
You forgot that part fat fuck, maybe hit the weights, go for a run and you wouldn’t think of lard as a natural part of of ya diet.

Fat isn't bad though. It's healthy and delicious. You've been brainwashed.

t. fat fuck

t. corn

how did you know

Fat doesn't have much of a taste, infact it was only confirmed in 2012. Instead fat acts as a vehicle for flavor and what we mostly associate with fat is either the tastes of other foods cooked in the fat or the mouthfeel of triglycerides.

The actual taste of fat is unpleasant, and food companies take great care to reduce the amount of actual fats to the correct levels.

>We might be able to distinguish a fatty taste, but it’s not the type of fatty taste we know and love. The creaminess and viscosity we associate with fatty foods is largely due to triglycerides: a molecule with three fatty acids that isn’t a taste stimulus, but rather a mouthfeel, Mattes says. Triglycerides also deliver fat-soluble flavor compounds, Mattes says, but that flavor isn’t the true taste of fat.

>To get a sense of what that tastes like, imagine heating your fryer for a good long time and tasting the food you cook in it, Mattes suggests. It won’t be pleasant, and you certainly won’t want to eat it. “The food industry has known about this for a very long time, and they go to great efforts to keep concentrations of these fatty acids below detection thresholds, because if you can detect them you’re likely not to eat the food,”

time.com/3973294/fat-taste-oleogustus/

This post is fucking useless. Still the consensus stands that fat makes things delicious and we're wired to like it.

You're fucking useless.

At that size the fats congeal into the meats due to the maliard reaction and the texture becomes godly.

>fats congeal into the meats due to the maliard reaction
Dunning meet Kruger.

>It costs twice as much but is only 10% better
Yes, welcome to having money. If my food expenses doubled twice, I still wouldn't be able to see it on my budget. Meanwhile, I'll be tasting that 20% improvement each meal.