Any ideas on why food allergies are rising so much, especially peanut allergies? This is a recent thing too I've heard...

Any ideas on why food allergies are rising so much, especially peanut allergies? This is a recent thing too I've heard, in the last couple of decades. Things like shellfish, wheat, legumes. Any ideas why? And why these specific foods? Also is there a way to get tested for food allergies? Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0O5h4enjrHw
forward.com/scribe/373352/how-israel-beat-peanut-allergies/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4403024/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because of modern medicine allowing the weak who would have died out breed? I dunno

Really fires up the neurons

they're not
most people with "allergies" are just picky eaters, or heard from their yoga teacher that gluten is bad

>Also is there a way to get tested for food allergies?
Yeah, go see your doctor.
Or if you are feeling adventurous, just go buy some bread, peanuts, onions, avocados, and shrimp. and see if any of them make you feel funny/die.

What about people who can die from very small amounts, is there a specific name for that type of allergy?

because people used to only eat what was grown/hunted within a couple miles of where they lived, probably. so now you have people who never ate a certain type of food being exposed to it more often.

i ate fruit a lot as a kid, played outside in the dirt, wasn't overly clean or anything that could've caused it, but became allergic to pretty much all fruits in my 20s.

doctors can do allergy tests for you, i think they just stick small needles in your skin to see what reacts, or they do a blood test to see if there's anything indicating an allergy.

i have terrible allergies
my mom was an obsessive addict clean control freak

>Also is there a way to get tested for food allergies?
Yes, blood tests

>parents never expose kids to germs or common allergens so they can build up a good immune system
>why does my kids have a shit immune system???

I once read an article that attributed it to the low genetic diversity in modern factory farmed products. It must be more complicated than that because you have millions of acres used to grow identical russet potatoes and I've never heard of a person with potato allergies.

youtube.com/watch?v=0O5h4enjrHw

Are these allergies even real? I only ever hear stories of my friend's roommate's cousin's sister's kind of shit. I worked in the ER for 6 years and never saw a single food allergy admission.

You didn't get a reply because that guy is an idiot who can't support their shit.

Yoga moms obsessed with being "clean" and following diets.
Thus some kids play less outside in dirt and cow shit, and also eat food with much less fat (that includes peanut oil) and/or very little varied food.
There was a study that proves that farmers' children almost never have allergies for whatsoever, while too many kids are having allergies in cities.
Farmer children spend their childhood outside, playing in mud and cow shit, touching a twig full of moss and shit and so on. They're more immune. They also eat better quality food (at least in Europe) and of course more varied (more meat, butter/fat, veggies...).

see hygiene hypothesis

ruralfag here, i have several food allergies, guess i should have been more into scat as a kid???

Allergies can be a thing that just "happens". There's a girl I work with that just got a diary allergy right out of the blue from nowhere. Sucked because it took me a while to find a restaurant that had a menu for such a thing when I asked her out on a date. She still tries to have a little bit of dairy from time to time but it really makes her ill for a few days afterwards.

If I couldn't eat cheese I'd just kill myself

because retard parents are afraid to expose their children to peanuts.

israel has literally eradicated peanut allergies because of their bamba initiative

forward.com/scribe/373352/how-israel-beat-peanut-allergies/

1. increasing population increases sample size
2. advances in medicine allow those with health defects to live long, normal lives

that's it

I have a peanut allergy and a gluten allergy (although the gluten one is more of an intolerance, but I swear it's real and the people who just don't eat it because they think it's unhealthy annoy me as much as they do you) and when I was a child was allergic to a lot of other stuff (dairy, soy, eggs) .

I don't know where the peanut one comes from, but I've been told that over the past couple hundred years wheat has been modified or whatever and today's wheat is pretty much a totally different kind of plant and some people's bodies just can't deal with this new thing, I don't know if this is all hokey pokey Bullsshit or not but it seems sound

Also another weird allergy thing is that a while back my cousin and her partner went vegan for a month or some shit and now her partner has an allergy to dairy, I don't really know how that happened but it's an interesting case none the less

vaccines

Unironically, it might be because we've killed off all the parasites in our guts and fucked with the delicate microbial ecosystem that exists there.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4403024/