What does lit think about music? Especially rap?

What does lit think about music? Especially rap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l1YjZJmkUZE
youtu.be/KThyMAsEnZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5tv-K-YIgcI
youtube.com/watch?v=G4vVH3hBfs4
youtube.com/watch?v=3tZtish6RPU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think turkish kiko should love me

She makes my Theodosian Walls feel funny.

op
leave the pretty woman to me

Three Six Mafia is unironically the greatest thing that happened to hip hop.

inb4 "RAPS DEGENWACY, ONLY THE THE COMPILATION OF WAGNER'S OVERTURES AND EVANGELION OST FOR ME THANK YOU VERY MUCH" type of people, and backpackers trying to shill Milo.

I think that we have an entire board for discussing music.

more pictures of this siren and I will tell you

music is one art that is always in the realm of entertainment. I have never learned anything from music, nothing significant, other than things about music itself, though it has the capability of creating profound emotional responses. I maintain literature to be the most lasting and spiritual of artistic mediums, because of its ability to confront the self, to chop at "the frozen sea inside you," and to give oneself an understanding of experience found in no other medium, artistic or otherwise.

I'd rather have the "more like cRap mirite?" crowd than pathetic backpackers any day.

rap is pretty good, except when it starts getting serious and political. Their opinions are always shit
rap is better when they're just saying crazy movie shit about fighting and comic books and shooting each other. a shame their community insists that no rapper can rap about that unless they do it in real life, but thats for the nigs to deal with, I just like how it sounds in my speakers

True, I have seen leftypol discussing Immortal Technique and my brain got an aneurysm.

Cringe
Also, ASAP is pretty good tbqh, and I make it a habit to not listen to rap

How 'bout some Cunninlynguists?
youtube.com/watch?v=l1YjZJmkUZE

calling hacks like ginsberg 'beat poets' is an insult to actual rappers

I like traditional folk, punk and singer songwriter/folk music.
Hip hop doesn't really do much for me though sadly and I've tried countless times to get into the genre, starting from the hip hop that's played on the radios like kendrick and kanye, to hipster hip hop like a tribe called quest to obscure hip hop with hundreds of reviews on rym. None of it interests me.

>yes I'm the shit, tell me do it stink? feels good waking up to money in the bank
hes trash, a shame he gets such good beats

Rap is pretty good. Here's an encyclopedia

youtu.be/KThyMAsEnZQ

what about kimya dawson and a rapper?
youtube.com/watch?v=5tv-K-YIgcI

Cherry picking bad lines

Retards Attempting Poetry.

Has anybody else here given up on ever being loved?

I avoid photos like this because I still haven't completely numbed myself to romantic idealisation. It still hurts that I will never be kissed, hugged or treated with affection.

You should not strive to be loved, but rather the one who loves.

>I have seen leftypol and my brain got an aneurysm.
ftfy.

There's nothing abnormal or wrong about desiring to be loved or shown affection.

This is honestly correct.

>Especially rap?
It's actually quite bad.

He would never say any of this shit.

All North American music is irredeemably shit and I'm ashamed of having spent so much of my time listening to it.

Being loved and shown affection is something a bitch ass nigga wants. You wanna be the top dawg or some bitch ass? You decide.

This is an inhuman sentiment.

I always thought Sage Francis was pretty Veeky Forums and not in the name-dropping Milo way.
youtube.com/watch?v=G4vVH3hBfs4

I think that poetry and literature is music. You hear words after all

You hear yourself taking a shit too but that doesn't make it music.

I've always liked aesop personally, even though he can get pretty thesaurus-y at times,
youtube.com/watch?v=3tZtish6RPU

Go to the gym, you ugly fatass. Literally an always available 'Get out of hell free' card.

this guy Milo is pretty great
lots of philosophical and literary references (tho its all fairly entry-level)

Romance is one of man's highest callings my man
Good post

why not?

Kind of depressing how some people come here to talk about everything except books.

it's called post-modern music

What a great literature thread this is

You mean post-meal.