Oven stop working

>oven stop working
>call landlord
>takes him a week with multiple messages despite living in the same complex as me
>replaces it with a used oven
>pic related
>I try to turn on the stove
>nothing
>try all burners
>nothing
>try to turn on oven
>nothing
Then I decided to open it

Other urls found in this thread:

varagesale.com/inner-loop-houston-tx-buy-and-sell/i/e7kwcy62-black-whirlpool-electric-stove
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>rotated it so it would post correctly
>Veeky Forums decides to undo that when it's posted

is that oven cleaner?

>oven cleaner
???

Run a self cleaning cycle through it and piss off.

Stuff it with paper and burn the building down.

>I didn't read the OP
How can I if it doesn't heat up, faggot?

So somebody doused the fuck out of the oven with oven cleaner, didn't clean it and just let it dry. What's your point? Is that why you think it doesn't work?

nothing works?
check the fuse

then i decide to open it...

and?

I didn't realize oven cleaner existed, but no. This is dirt.

>it's black
Well of course it doesn't work.

it's not fucking dirt retard. it's ash from someone running the self cleaning cycle.

user, it's dirt. I tasted it

>Veeky Forums decides to undo that when it's posted

Some recent windows versions will automatically rotate an image for you in folder-view and a few different preview modes. The only way to know for sure if a photo is facing the right way is to open it in professional editing software like GIMP, PSP, Photoshop, etc. Shit pisses me off. I never found a way to disable Windows doing that,

Dirt isn't glossy. That shit is reflecting light like a mirror. Like enamel paint or something.

goddamn OP.

Whatever it is it wouldn't be preventing the thing from turning on so you're doing something wrong. It has power because the clock is working. Try looking for a 'mode' button and being less of a faggot. What's the point of the thread? you're not asking for advice or anything.

>>try all burners
>>no flame
>>obv doesn't work

DUDE

That's pretty fucking gay
The surface underneath is glossy, the dirt isn't glossy from this angleI just wanted to vent about not being able to cook for two weeks, I post my cooking here all the time
I didn't say no flame, I said nothing happened. Put the weed down DUDE

check

the

fuse

I tried, the back of it is screwed on and I don't have a screwdriver anymore because when the landlord came he used mine and stole it.

I'm guessing your landlord just plugged it in and saw the clock light up, slapped some $2 burners and trays on the stove, then called it good enough. I'm not an appliance repairmen, so I couldn't tell you why the clock works but the stove/oven doesn't (it's all electric, so should be if the clock is on). Oh well. That's your landlord's problem. Sucks that you have to deal with them again, though.

Every apartment I lived in was owned by some national company so I never felt weird about calling them and they always had some storeroom with a few hundred of every type of appliance they used, all the same brands and models.

>I didn't realize oven cleaner existed
How do people like you even live?

Cheers

Oven cleaner is one of the most useful things out there. I clean everything from glass stovetops to grills to bicycles to aquariums with that stuff.

Here's a thought, don't take pictures that you're going to use as evidence with fucking snapchat you mong.

Why would I buy this when I can just turn it to 500 or use the button on the control panel? It's how I've cleaned every oven I've had.
My phone is busted and the camera app doesn't work but saving them through Snapchat does.

>use as evidence
Evidence for what? The only evidence is OP is too retarded to know the difference between ash and dirt.

Yeah, I kneejerked on OPs retarded snapchat pictures and didn't read how retarded he is.

Poverty stricken huh? Sucks to suck.

Ash doesn't taste like dirt, user

>Poverty stricken
I'm just counted as middle class, thank you very much

Not with a phone that barely works.

Breaking News: Guy finds ash in oven.

Just stop paying rent until they fix it. EZ. Eviction takes months.

It makes calls and I can text, everything else is a novelty.

It's funny because 'breaking news' rhyimes with 'baking juice'.

Get a flip phone then.

What was the point of this thread, exactly? Was it just to bitch about not knowing how to clean an oven?

Did you pull it away from the wall to make sure that it's plugged in? Who am I kidding, I know you didn't.

clock works awfully good for not being plugged in

Did you call your landlord back or was your first instinct to come crying here?

Ask Juan. He might know what to do.

varagesale.com/inner-loop-houston-tx-buy-and-sell/i/e7kwcy62-black-whirlpool-electric-stove

My husband used oven cleaner spray once and I forbid him from ever doing it again because the whole house smelled like cancer for several days after. It was disgusting.

I just use vinegar and water to clean it now, seems to work so long as you never let it build up too badly.

I already said what the point was, can you not read? Of course I called him back

Sucks to suck then my guy.

Oof

OYVEY, it reminds me of the ovens at Auschwitz where both my parents were gassed when they were 8 years old.

looks like it's been in a flood.

That's exactly what I was thinking

Shouldn't you be saving your phone autism for /g/

110% This: You shouldn't even try to turn that on, OP. Also the fiberglass oven door gasket looks like it is all screwed up. Any insurance company would drop your landlord's coverage if they knew about using appliances that have been flooded; with good reason. It isn't safe to use.

Just buy your house and be done with this shit

im a landlord and i hate tenants like you

Why? Because he wants you to do your job?

Occams razor bro.
two scenarios:
the stove was in a flood and only the inside got dirty
or
The stoves self cleaning feature was used that uses high heat to carbonize the grease into ash and the ash wasn't wiped out.

Lets think about this sherlock.

he probably thought it was gas and was confused by the no-fire. maybe he use to have a gas one but because he was so annoying the landlord said "fuck him" and got him a cheap replacement.

He did his job, you were just a cunt about it all week with annoying texts while he was trying to do it.

I bet your tenants love you, though.

are you seriously going to make your landlord wipe out oven cleaner? you can't just do that yourself and get on with your life? Seems petty.

I've slept with two of them

>i'm a slumlord that fucked two tenants in lieu of rent payment.
Classy

you seem really unhinged, please feel better soon, don't take it out on your landlord.

>he caught me, I did fuck two single mom crackwhores for rent.
Instead of feeling shame you lash out on an anonymous image board. Keepin' it classy.

I don't blame them. I'd be pretty desperate too if you some asshole took away my oven for a week.
I'd probably just put dogpoos in his mailbox or something instead, though.

Were they cute ladyboys?

You're a shit landlord then.
Take care of your tenants in a timely manner, dick breath.

I bet you'd like to know, faggot imitating a different faggot.

why are you eating dirt man

Probably a wiring issue. Could be an easy fix.
Find the model and type it into youtube.

don't do this OP.
Don't fix it yourself; he'll end up blaming you for breaking it.

nice oven op

People sell flooded items here all the time for dirt cheap. Landlords scoop them up like hotcakes. If they don't work, they just haul them for scrap and still make a bit of money.

Self clean it manually

>Also the fiberglass oven door gasket looks like it is all screwed u
It looks like mine.

You have a shitty landlord if they replaced a broken oven with a used one. And a used one that doesn't even work to boot. Did you try telling your landlord that it doesn't work? They should have tested it when they installed it. Were you not there for the installation.

I'm lucky to have a great landlord who is always willing to replace anything that breaks with a nice, brand new appliance, and not the cheapest thing he can get. He knows the appliances are an investment and he wants to keep us as happy and paying tenants.

This story is also why I would never have an electric stove/oven in my house. I need to be able to cook even when the power is out.

I told him and was there when he installed it. He promised me it was working.

>he doesn't have an emergency stove and rations and a speargun

I am currently laughing at the present state of your existence, for it is a laughable existence.

how often does your power go out that needing to be able to cook when it happens is an issue?

>having a landlord
>not owning your own house and your own applicances
Plebs gonna pleb.

you realize the burners take awhile to heat up, right?

>he cant cook when the gas is out
shiggy

Amen.
>paying someone else's mortgage

>You have a shitty landlord if they replaced a broken oven with a used one.

Yeah, there seems to be an epidemic of shitty landlords outright refusing to replace things, or cutting so many corners that you end up with broken appliances.

My water heater went out in the middle of December, and my landlord actually refused to get a new one because "I can find one cheaper on craigslist." That kicked off my bullshit sensors, so I wised up and fixed it myself, on my own time, with my own money. That receipt was my rent that month.

On the plus side, I now know how to fix a water heater.

OP doesn't seem as resourceful or intelligent as you

I was literally told not to touch the oven, mate.

>Not knowing faggot brigade put life in America on easy mode for everyone cause niggers.
>Not knowing landlords pay reduced taxes if they are leasing a certain number of people on a certain amount of property.
>Not knowing people who own houses have until this administration paid all levels of government more and more money so people who can't afford them pay next to nothing for what they have.
No one with any posessions should ever vote Democrat.

Your landlord knows you're useless

Actually he's a fucking dudebro that thinks he's a genius at fixing things which is why I'm in this mess, but whatever helps you sleep at night, chum.

Was just told he'll be bringing a fresh out of the box oven over in an hour of so, what should I make for Veeky Forums tonight?

>landlord said it's a problem with the outlet
>said he'll call someone
>said they'll be here tomorrow

I hope he returns the new stove.

No one cares about how shit you are at handling your irl

Give him a break; he's obviously a sad, lonely, loser.

Well yeah, I'm here aren't I?

And where did he get that information from?

From his ass, I presume.

Deduction probably. Plug in brand new stove..still doesn't work. Must be the outlet.