Who the fuck reads novelizations?

Who the fuck reads novelizations?

Kids

I ask the same thing in regard to reading plays. Like what the F.

Yeah when I was 8 I used to read tons of these. They were all for shitty kids movies or capeshit. I remember the Incredibles one distinctly.

This one time when I was 17 I bought an Assassin's Creed novelization. The moment I had paid for it, I felt ashamed so I hid it behind some other books on my shelf. Still haven't read it to this day.

Same for me but it was a Halo Novel, I read to page 4 and felt guilty and shameful about it. Luckily I went to a local book store to sell it and the guy there gave me The Hobbit for it.

>Luckily I went to a local book store to sell it and the guy there gave me The Hobbit for it
What a fucking bro. Making the world better one shit-to-good book exchange at a time.

I freely admit I once collected those, usually because I had missed the film a the cinema. The best thing that evr came from it was that I found out from the novel that in ALIENS the sentry gun scene had been omitted in the first movie cut.

Reading a book written off of the extended cut after seeing the theatrical cut all before the internet.

wew

>The Hobbit
>Good

BTFO faggot

When I was like 13 I read the novelizations of the first two Resident Evil movies, the first several SD Perry RE game adaptations, and the novelization of the first Underworld movie. I think I may have read an Underworld: Evolution novel, but I can't remember.

That was a weird time for me, but I guess it's kind of cool to have these longer cuts of films, since that's basically all novelizations are. Novel for the first RE film (or game, idr now) had a neat part describing the zombies as steadily decaying to a point where some had heads like rotten pumpkins, and that they'd just liquefy if you leave them be for a few months. RE2 game novelization had a cool part about blood exploding out of someone's chest like a flower blooming. It stuck with me for the past decade because it seemed odd Perry actually tried her hand at figurative language for once.

Novelizations gave us Bill Wilson as CIA's name, which was a big deal for me

It is good. But you wouldn't know that because you're a greasy chinaman.

At least it's not a novelization of a videogame

Japanese actually, and yeah Hobbit is great, I'm OP and was just being a faggot, it's actually my favorite novel (tied with House on Mango Street)

The prequel novelizations are excellent.

to be perfectly honest with you its one of my favourite books, I've read it more than ten times.

To be fair, it's a patrician game series

Always assumed these were for kids who maybe wouldn't read otherwise, in which case I see nothing wrong with them as introductions.

Who would read them as adults though?

The only novelization I've read. It was pretty good but I think that's only because of how great the movie was.

That one was fine, but my personal fave (and I think objectively better) is this novelizaion of the NBC miniseries
I checked and couldn't believe how old it was. Twenty years now since they showed that

I used to read a lot of star trek novelizations as a kid. Kids run out of what they love and want more- so they turn to shitty paperbacks. Just a simple case of boredom.

My older brother did this except he was twenty something and had no shame about it. My only criticism is that he didn't even attempted to read it.

Ha.