What do you love to get at the chinese food placE?

what do you love to get at the chinese food placE?
I love fried wontons, but only one store I knew had them dipped in garlic sauce completely blackened. Delicious

>Chinese place by my house switched from fresh made potstickers to the same garbage i buy from the grocery store

Any battered and fried protein covered in a sweet, syrupy sauce.

boneless spareribs, peking ravioli

Cats

Just kidding. Spring rolls

I love moo shu

Orange chicken and lemon chicken is surprisingly excellent

Sweet and sour is boring tho

I don’t know how are called these in English. Are Made of shrimp and sesame

Shrimp Rangoon?

I dont think, are like toast. In my country is a lot of chinese restaurant make this thing. They called it (i’m translating) “toast of shrimp”

is that xia tusi? it's literally shrimp toast

Sesame Chicken has been my go to since I was a kid. It's weird because while every place makes it, some restaurants are so much better at it. But it's what I always get.

That's me with general tsos. It's always different depending on where you go. I know a Japanese place that makes it with white meat and good sauce, then another place that makes it crunchy and covered in special garlic sauce. Then another place that gives the sauce separate to dip.

Interesting. I've always thought of General Tso's as Sesame Chicken w/o the sesame seeds. But then at some places they sell Sesame Chicken and there's no sesame seeds! At this point I don't really know, but there's a place near my house that does it the way I like it so I just make sure to order from there

i love that super crispy egg foo young. it's battered and deep-fried.

some restaurants don't do this. you just get this limp, soggy, cabbage omelette. total bullshit.

those are two entirely different dishes you dumb ass

egg foo young is a kind of oily cantonese omelet made with soy sauce, rice wine, and aromatics beaten into the egg batter

what you're talking about is a kind of jian-danbing or zha-danbing

General Tso's Chicken = Hunanese/Taiwanese food with a distinct recipe

sesame chicken = American food that the restaurant can make any way they want so long as it includes chicken and sesame in the ingredients list because it has no recipe

shrimp toast

I like the cream of sum yung ho.

does anyone get embarrassed for ordering from the same chinese place once (or twice) a week? i don't like them knowing i eat food regularly. it's always the same delivery boy too

i want them to make me a traditional dish they would eat. surely the cooks don't actually eat what they serve us right??? it seems distorted from actual chinese food

Either...
>Singapore fried rice.
>Chicken fried rice.
Or...
>Malaysian style special chow mein (extra spicy).

Always get Chinese vegetable fried dumplings as a side, they're incredible.

>does anyone get embarrassed for ordering from the same chinese place once (or twice) a week
Absolutely not. Chinese people are down to earth and appreciative of customer's. Going in person is the best too. They start to chat you up and cut you deals sometimes. You will never get a bad order.

>surely the cooks don't actually eat what they serve us right??? it seems distorted from actual chinese food
Its basically their version of fast food. Don't fall for the memes they do eat their own food. Chinese people also eat Chinese food. Been ordering from multiple places for years, delivery drivers, Chinese customers and themselves they'll sit down and eat their dishes. They probably wouldn't eat it at home. But if you're too embarrassed to chat up the people you order food from they definitely wouldn't tell you anything about traditional dishes.

I had Asian friends all the time, native born in Gheorghe countries. They just order the food in their language and really don't give a shit about the "authentic" meme. Just go to a fancy Chinese restaurant if you want a traditional dish.