Why isn't there a Canadian cuisine?

Why isn't there a Canadian cuisine?

What do Canadians eat anyways? North American food like burritos and burgers?

There is a Canadian cuisine.

well there is newfoundland has like jigs dinner and flipper pie(seal) quebec has tons of shit

nothing really stands out tho

What is it?

If there is canadian cuisine why aren't there any canadian restaurants?

>Why isn't there a Canadian cuisine?
You obviously never heard of poutine.

There's Kraft Dinner.

There's ketchup chips and poutine, that's about all I know. I think the rest is copied from America, France, or England.

t. American

Fuck off that's Québec cuisine you filthy uncultured anglo

I googled 'canadian cuisine' and got chips and gravy.

Oh, right. Please excuse him. He must have forgotten about Quebec's nation within a nation bullshit. Fuck off.

>Fuck off that's a province of Canada's cuisine

Don't forget about All Dressed potato chips.

Who puts gravy on potato chips?

wait are all dressed/ketchup chips not a thing in the states?

You git it. Neither of them are easy to find outside of Canada.

I would've thought the Poms did it first. I do it with chicken and chips but use tomato sauce (ketchup) with fish and chips.

I've had all dressed chips, they just tasted like barbecue tbqh. I also doubt that ketchup chips can live up to dill pickle

Oh I think you have the words confused, these are chips my British friend.

our culture was demolished over the last 50 years in the name of multiculti immigration

Donairs are Halifax
California rolls are Vancouver
Poutine is Quebec

Honestly, its just the general everything.

I forgot about butter tarts, not really sure where they came from.
Beaver tails and what ever the fuck maple syrup in snow is called.
Proper peameal

There are, have you looked? They generally serve generic food, some of which must be local to Canada or parts thereof. I can't tell if it's Canadian food or not, simply because I wouldnt know if it's food you dont see elsewhere in the world.

Canada doesn't experience (suffer) the melting pot syndrome quite like the States does. If you take a cross section of Canadians, it's more of a mash of everybody's cultural foods directly lifted from those other countries, less so regional variations in cuisine.

If you're white and live outside the city, you probably eat the most traditionally Canadian of foods. Poorly imitated world foods, moose and other game, and whatever white boi traditions have been passed down to you, like boiled soggy vegetables and shepherd's pie.

The newfies have their fried bread. But I dont think newfies are people.

Did you scrape off your tastebuds with a knife? The principle flavours of all dressed is vinegar, followed by a spice mix.

I just cook and eat whatever. Smoked salmon is just about the only regional specialty here.

You know that Quebec is a part of Canada, right?

wapiti in mapple sirup. lol or not ?

Nanaimo bars are pretty good. But as far as uniquely Canadian food goes, there isn't much. A Canadian food restaurant would probably just serve American food with some sort of maple syrup/ketchup chip/Kraft dinner spin on everything

Donairs, poutine, beaver tails.