What is the best version of dry-cured ham?

What is the best version of dry-cured ham?

dry-cured ham

Probably Jamon iberico but I'll never be able to afford it. The pigs they butcher for it eat only acorns.

You cant spend $40 for a pound of ham?
Maybe no regularly, but even just once?

t. nouveau riche

Can I eat acorns? I remember thinking the orange stuff inside looked good as a kid

t. burger flipper

Appalachian country ham

If it was only 40 it wasn't the real deal. When Rudy Fernandez was on the mavericks I remember interviews on the local sports radio station of him complaining about how fake most of it is in the states.

Iberico ham is expensive, but its not beyond $40/lb expensive.

And actually if I were to get it I'd probably get it at Bazaar Meats in the SLS Vegas on one of my trips. I'd have to win a bit to be willing to pay for that place though.

They can be processed and turned into a type of flour. Various cultures throughout the world ate acorns as a staple food, but most gave it up in favor of cereal grains.

They're a bit poisonous so you need to boil them first or something, to make them safe to eat.

>not being irresponsible with money = burger flipper

Jamon iberico is great. You can usually get a sampler pack of differrnt cured tapas meats for pretty cheap if you just want to try it

I tried proccutio for the first time last week and damn it was DISGUSTING

fuck OFF

it's so unhealthy for you, you might as well eat fast food.

We make a prosciutto board where I work and it's a pain in the ass to put together. I don't have any great suggestions, other than to say not to work in a job where you prepare something you love to eat, because the mere sight of it will eventually make you mad/upset/anxious.

You're so gay you might as well eat cock.

Die of CHF at 30

I'm 38 and still alive unfortunately.

It definitely can be. There are different grades of jamón. Many will be called ibérico just for being made in Spain (Iberian peninsula) but it isn't true jamón ibérico unless it is made from black Iberian pigs. You can tell from the toenail, as the black pigs have a black toe, and this will be reflected in the name "pata negra." The most premium is the pata negra cien por de bellota, or acorn. These are made from free-range pigs fed only on acorns and single legs can cost thousands of dollars.

The prosciutto di Parma has a slightly nutty flavor from the Parmigiano Reggiano whey that is sometimes added to the pigs' diet.

lardo

San Daniele from italy

i am not to well educated i guess. i like serrano, parma and iberico.