Veeky Forums i feel bad

Veeky Forums i feel bad..

I am visiting my friend who lives in San Francisco and its my last night here.
Because it my last night, i want to do something special for dinner, and i think to myself that i havent yet had clam chowder in a bread bowl my entire time here. Hell, i havent even had clam chowder.

So i spend about 6 dollars on my BART ticket to take me down to embarcadero, and from there i walk to the wharf looking for places with chowder in a bread bowl.
I found plenty of chowder places, but none of them had it in a bread bowl.
Eventually, I got tired of walking and stopped into a bar for a beer. But because im in sanfranfuckingcisco, it was 11 dollars per beer, plus some cute fat nurse was striking up a conversation with me.

Long story short, i spent all but my last 7 dollars at the bar, and couldnt affors to buy another beer, let alone some clam fucking chowder.

i began to hate myself for drinking and not finding good chowder on my way back to the train station.... and would you guess what i spent my last 7 dollars on?

a fucking subway sandwich.

it didnt even taste good, i feel so empty inside... please tell me SF chowder isnt even that good.

Other urls found in this thread:

boudinbakery.com/menu-item/clam-chowder/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Damn you were so close. Boudin bakery had what you wanted. It's tourist fare, but still.
boudinbakery.com/menu-item/clam-chowder/

>friend in sf
>went down to the wharf
>couldn't find chowder in a fucking bread bowl

That's literally the definition of things that didn't happen. Also Boudin Bakery. You apparently have better friends on an anonymous Cambodian tea leaf weaving internet forum than in real life. Just be happy that you have friends, even if they leave you broke at a spot where it's literally impossible to not have someone try to sell you clam chowder in a bread bowl.

Should have plugged that chubby nurse.

If i had kept walking another 10 minutes, i would have hit boudin...
f u , you go to sf and try to find chowder IN A BREAD BOWL, i stopped into 3 or 4 places that only had just chowder-- NO bread bowl

i told her that i had no more money for beer and she seemed turned off

the most painful part of this story is the subway sandwich

>you go to sf and try to find chowder IN A BREAD BOWL

It's been a few years, but I've spent plenty of time in SF, and two out of every three stalls at fisherman's wharf sell chowder in a bread bowl. Why would you go to an expensive city and not do even a tiny bit of research first?

>i told her that i had no more money for beer and she seemed turned off
You should have told her to buy you a beer in a joking manner.

No chowder is that good. Chowder is one of those things that everyone talks about fondly but I'd put money on the fact that its all nostalgia goggles. Opinions based on some fond childhood memory involving chowder.

Its just heavy whipping cream, onions, green onions, spices, potatoes and nasty little snail bits. And sour dough bread. You can make it at home if you really need it, but you might as well use chicken instead of clams so its something that tastes good and has a good texture. To me chowder is just "tasty creamy soup with a twist of rotting sea-life flavor." It's nothing amazing. And its awful for you. If you want a comforting, warm, creamy food you could make fettuccine Alfredo or anything else. I'm going to go so far as to say I'd rather have a Subway Sandwich than chowder. Get a foot long meatball on Italian herbs and cheese bread with provolone and a lot of black olives, toasted. Way better than most chowders.

i wasnt at fishermans wharf per se, i got off BART at the embarcadero station, walked toward the water, and walked along. i dont think i ever quite hit the fishermans wharf

hindsight is 20/20

Irony is that in the ferry building which is right off the embarcadero station, there should a place inside that sells it.

go home poorfag
breadbowls are shit

Your response is amazing, because a meatball marinara sandwich with olives and other veggies is exactly what I got instead.

I know chowder isnt the end all be all of soups, but it was just something i was looking forward to. But your response, makes me feel alot better in knowing that, really, i didnt miss out on much

thankyou, user

this boy has it right, i'd be more excited about it if it was chicken, or maybe shrimp or crab chowder. overall, i'd rather have some shrimp alfredo or if i was in SF, i'd just find some good seafood since i'm landlocked here in arkansas and i'll bet it's a lot better.

user this reminds me of that time I ruined my whole trip to spain by losing my phone and not knowing how to do anything.

i wrote a poem about my shitty experience--be forewarned it is not pulitzer prize material

I went down
to the wharf
looking for
clam chowder
in a bread bowl
and walked miles
but only found
plain chowder
and a drunk
fat nurse in a bar
which charged
eleven dollars
for a beer
and after
i bought my beer
I had no money
left for chowder
so i went
home instead

You sound like an Indian. I'm not helping you.

i am as white as hitler i guarantee

Is that a seafood 'go 'za?

I read your poem.

but user why didn't you ask the cute nurse to get chowder with you